Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Not your best bait but you still got a few ones line, hook and sinker.

Got me good and proper. :lol:

I m sure with the money they are paying him, they would probably expect hat tricks.

They must be a few sandwiches short of a picnic then. Have they seen him play lately? Totally unrealistic.

I don't know their expectations, if it were me I'd be happy with his current output. Not for that money, but then they've got it to burn, it's a bottomless pit, and are obviously going to overpay.

Suppose the way I'd look at it is that at Madrid he'd score around a goal a game too. Now as a much worse player from his heyday he's doing the same in a much worse league. Relatively the same.

If they wanted better then more fool them.

To think how he made fun of Rooney finishing his career earlier. Now he's having tough time in the mighty Saudi league. Karma.

To think how he made fun of Rooney finishing his career earlier. Now he's having tough time in the mighty Saudi league. Karma.

I think the Messi chants gets to him. Especially since he still looks lika shadow of his former self in that league.

Called it
Considering this United side has competed for pretty much every single trophy available this season. Ronaldo looks like an absolute clown now.

The way he acted it’s like we were in the relegation zone. Had zero faith in his own teammates who have gone onto prove him wrong.

Bruno has shown him up too. You can succeed under Ten Hag if you are good enough and willing to improve. Ronaldo didn’t want that this season so no sympathy for him.

Destroyer of teams. ‘You were top of the league when I joined and now you’re not but this is all your fault and I’m leaving.’

To be fair, he has already been relegated to the bench in Portugal's last 2 games in knockout stage. Can't really blame a bench/sub player on losing the WC.

It was not entirely his fault: but when he was subbed in with Morocco it was like Portugal was playing with 10 men. We also need to take into consideration the controversy he brought when he was benched.

Last edited:
It was entirely his fault: but when he was subbed in with Morocco it was like Portugal was playing with 10 men. We also need to take into consideration the controversy he brought when he was benched.

Morocco were also down to 10 men. So it was a fair fight.

Last edited:
Ronaldo's mentality is just so elite. He never jumps ship.

Yeah, I could understand saying to retire if it was still the same wages he was getting here in Saudi, even though that's still an absolute fortune, but he earns a years salary here in 7 weeks there, and he was the highest paid player in the league here, and he won't have any taxes. He'd have to be mad to retire instead of keep playing, fair enough if he took a huge pay cut to come to Europe for a season, but to just retire rather than play once a week and make that kind of money would be such a stupid decision

I really don’t understand these sort of takes. Those millions will add NOTHING to his lived experience. Him and those around him have been taken care of for ages, seeing as he has alternate income streams. I think it’s kind of sad that so many people see money as a goal in and of itself.

It was entirely his fault: but when he was subbed in with Morocco it was like Portugal was playing with 10 men. We also need to take into consideration the controversy he brought when he was benched.
Portugal was already losing before he came on. Maybe it’s entirely his fault by just seating on the bench then.

I really don’t understand these sort of takes. Those millions will add NOTHING to his lived experience. Him and those around him have been taken care of for ages, seeing as he has alternate income streams. I think it’s kind of sad that so many people see money as a goal in and of itself.
I suspect part of his reason is to stay top in Forbes list of top earning athletics, which helps to make him feel more relevant perhaps.

I mean lookat how many people are literal billionaires but still go to work, try and avoid paying taxes etc. When they literally have more money than you could ever spend. Ronaldo is rich already but 3 years in Saudi is basically going to double his net worth, and all he has to do is keep playing football, I can't see many people turning that down

I mean lookat how many people are literal billionaires but still go to work, try and avoid paying taxes etc. When they literally have more money than you could ever spend. Ronaldo is rich already but 3 years in Saudi is basically going to double his net worth, and all he has to do is keep playing football, I can't see many people turning that down
I imagine loads of players have turned down mouth wateringly lucrative offers from China, the Middle East etc. It's a very sad and abject end to his career.

I imagine loads of players have turned down mouth wateringly lucrative offers from China, the Middle East etc. It's a very sad and abject end to his career.

I don't think any players have turned down anything like 200m a year to play in these places. Plenty of players were going to China during the peak of their career not just as a swansong, until the Chinese government cracked down on it. I'm sure as Saudi Arabia push to host a world cup you're going to see a fair bit more of players going to these places to finish their career

A lot of great players go to these places when they are done at the highest lvl to milk money from their brand. It´s just Ronnie who´s tried to big up the league whilst still looking shit. The only sad thing about it is him just not being humble about what it is. Making a ton of money for doing feck all.

Last edited:
I don't think any players have turned down anything like 200m a year to play in these places. Plenty of players were going to China during the peak of their career not just as a swansong, until the Chinese government cracked down on it. I'm sure as Saudi Arabia push to host a world cup you're going to see a fair bit more of players going to these places to finish their career
It's all relative. Players that have earned less than Ronaldo over the course of their careers will have turned down moves to China/Middle East. As has been mentioned, Ronaldo is probably motivated by being in the Forbes top rich lists, or by being the most highly paid player of all time or whatever.

It's all relative. Players that have earned less than Ronaldo over the course of their careers will have turned down moves to China/Middle East. As has been mentioned, Ronaldo is probably motivated by being in the Forbes top rich lists, or by being the most highly paid player of all time or whatever.

Or he's motivated by 500m for 2 and a half years in a retirement league. There's been a lot of rumours of Messi receiving a huge offer and I wouldn't be surprised or critical if he accepts either. Its a no brainer to keep playing an extra couple of seasons for an outrageous amount of money, it would be different if Ronaldo was still at his peak and turned down offers from the top European clubs for more money in Saudi, but when your career is basically finished anyway there's no opportunity cost, you're not losing potential time at the top level it's just a couple of seasons in a far easier league for a ton of money

Or he's motivated by 500m for 2 and a half years in a retirement league. There's been a lot of rumours of Messi receiving a huge offer and I wouldn't be surprised or critical if he accepts either. Its a no brainer to keep playing an extra couple of seasons for an outrageous amount of money, it would be different if Ronaldo was still at his peak and turned down offers from the top European clubs for more money in Saudi, but when your career is basically finished anyway there's no opportunity cost, you're not losing potential time at the top level it's just a couple of seasons in a far easier league for a ton of money
Yes, the point is that lots of players have been offered moves to China/the Middle East towards the end of their careers and turned it down. Even to the very end, they value some things more than money which is commendable (to an extent - they've obviously already earned more than most could dream of).

TBF Ronaldo ended up in Saudi because he was rejected left, right and centre by clubs in Europe sfter forcing his way out of United. It was never voluntary.

On top of that, every player who has gone in these semiretirement leagues in the past never really cared about their performances or the position of their team but Ronaldo is an exception as if whatever he achieves there will matter. He really needs to stop taking it so seriously now, it's almost over.

I suspect part of his reason is to stay top in Forbes list of top earning athletics, which helps to make him feel more relevant perhaps.

Yeah, that’s the main allure money might have to him in my mind as well. I don’t imagine he’d take it if he knew he was tanking his legacy while doing it, though. Your guess is as good as mine on that, though.

I imagine a lot of those billionaires like waking up with a sense of purpose, though I’m sure some are just looking to rack up numbers. As I said earlier in this post, though, I imagine Ronaldo is more interested in preserving the legacy he has left, and would not be taking be happy merely walking around the pitch and collecting a paycheck if it were to damage said legacy. Maybe I’m giving him too much credit, but either way I just don’t get the mentality.

Portugal was already losing before he came on. Maybe it’s entirely his fault by just seating on the bench then.

Hahaha sorry meant to write it was Not entirely his fault. At first I was confused on your reply and then I saw my original message :lol:

Edited my previous post now.

Nah, that's just plain false.

A lot of all time greats. let alone regular footballers, ended their career in similar clubs just for the money (Pelé, Beckenbauer, Cruijff for a while before playing for Feyenoord, Xavi, etc...) once they were done at the top level and there's absolutely no shame in that. Cronaldo's case is hilarious because he really thought he could still hack it at the top level. He behaved like a dick, stirred unprecedented shit at United because he wasn't regularly playing, when it was plainly obvious to anyone with two functioning eyes that he was absolutely finished. He could've buckled down, finished his season at United, who were more than financially generous for what he produced on the pitch and then feck off to Saudi Arabia for the money.

No one would've been laughing at him. But no, he just had to be a deluded cnut and play the "my way or the highway" card when he clearly didn't have the means anymore to back up his big trap. I'd say it's a very fitting end to the self-centered twat he always was.

Last edited:
Please, please, please go to Newcastle. The demise will be complete! He'd be doing an Anthony Gordon within a month.

He's probably had enough of all the oppo fans in Saudi Arabia chanting "Messi!"

He is a feckin tool and it is funny as feck watching him struggle to play football. His behaviour in his 2nd stint was disgraceful and the Piers Morgan interview was the icing on the cake.

Ronaldo fans following this league and making up some conspiracy shit is so unreal. :lol:

Ittihad still massive favourites. 3 pts lead + the head to head in their favour (making it a 3,5 lead). Only 1 tough game left (away to Al Hilal).
Still favourites, but the race is well and truly back on with that loss.

Nah, that's just plain false.

A lot of all time greats. let alone regular footballers, ended their career in similar clubs just for the money (Pelé, Beckenbauer, Cruijff for a while before playing for Feyenoord, Xavi, etc...) once they were done at the top level and there's absolutely no shame in that. Cronaldo's case is hilarious because he really thought he could still hack it at the top level. He behaved like a dick, stirred unprecedented shit at United because he wasn't regularly playing when it was plainly obvious to anyone with two functioning eyes that he was absolutely finished. He could've buckled down, finished his season at United, who were more than financially generous for what he produced on the pitch and then feck off to Saudi Arabia for the money.

No one would've been laughing at him. But no, he just had to be a deluded cnut and play the "my way or the highway" card when he clearly didn't have the means anymore to back up his big trap. I'd say it's very fitting end to the self-centered twat he always was.
I'm with you on this. For me, the Piers Morgan 'interview' was a real low point, something no Balon d'Or player should ever do, he's such a low-rent, Jeremy Kyle type of journalist, I couldn't see Cruyff or similar ever doing that and there's the obvious Arsenal link as well, it's marked him out as very petty and will have only made the world's perception of him take a massive dive, the GOAT thing will have dried up anyway which I never liked anyway, he's highlighted how tedious and precious he is about things that really don't matter, tainted his career with these antics.

Ronaldo fans following this league and making up some conspiracy shit is so unreal. :lol:

As mental as Ronaldo' detractors following the league and laughing at his decline?! Only one set of the two groups are following a player they dislike's performances in a league they don't care about...

Unfortunately Martinez is a dumbass and still picks him for Portugal, ffs you would think he learnt his lesson with the aging Belgium squad...

Yeah, next thing you know they'll be trying to say barcelona were paying the vice president of the referees the whole time Ronaldo was at Madrid :lol:

Nah, seriously Saudi would definitely want Ronaldo to win rather than lose