Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

I wonder if another Euro win would reignite the, at times, insufferable debate between him and Messi, which in my opinion was pretty much closed when Messi won the world cup. Two major international competitions each would certainly be a good arguing point.

Oh it would but the talking points would very much be the same. If Ronaldo won the euros as Portugals best player in iconic fashion it would certainly elevate his legacy even further.

I wonder if another Euro win would reignite the, at times, insufferable debate between him and Messi, which in my opinion was pretty much closed when Messi won the world cup. Two major international competitions each would certainly be a good arguing point.
It was only ever a discussion on United, Madrid and Portugal forums.

It's not just about winning ANOTHER Euro. It's the way he does it. I highly doubt that at 39 years old and playing as a forward like he has been, he can do it while being the best player in an international competition with his national team, something he hasn't achieved in any previous tournaments.

He looks already more lively than how he was looking in the world cup 18 months ago, when he was barely resembling a football player.

He really messed it up that summer.

He looks already more lively than how he was looking in the world cup 18 months ago, when he was barely resembling a football player.

He had a lot of personal issues that year.

I think the main debate is whether Portugal would be better without him. He did produce arguably the best moment with that shot out of nothing but I think his lack of movement makes things difficult for Portugal.

It's mental, I came here to post the same thing. He was like tinman during that period, he's obviously gone back to the drawing board and found a new method of training to help with his mobility.

He truly is an incredible human, Zlatan played on until this age but he was more of a large target man in the end. Ronaldo is dropping deep to help with build up play and pulling off tricks.

The summer he spent sulking did a number on him، he still had a year or two left at the top in my opnion

The summer he spent sulking did a number on him، he still had a year or two left at the top in my opnion

Very much possible. His first season back he was still pretty good but one summerbreak later he looked totally finished.

Maybe a pre season could have prevented such a massive drop off. Never really seen such a drop in quality over such a short period without any serious injury.

Thought he was alright. As usual had some chances. Still a threat as the game went on

Didnt watch the game. What's the lsughing smiley for?
Just how Martinez decided to play him. When you play Ronaldo the entire gameplan is "service Ronnie pls".

Portugal had 17 crosses by half time and it was mentioned the euro highest crosses in a single game was something like 27. He huffed and puffed but ultimately was one dimensional. Its crazy because Jota is so clearly better.

Decent first game. Can still make things happen and contribute but I think there's a risk he makes their team less dynamic. He'd probably be a better bench option.

he’s painful to watch stinking the place up. he’s basically a 40 year old, newly-single divorcee, who’s convinced their daughters to go on a summer holiday with them, whilst they try to shag anything that moves that’s half their age, saying things like “people think we’re sisters,” when literally no one has ever said that.

Can see him pushing for one more world cup after this.

No way he doesn't want that chance to level Messi.

He’s a black hole for this team. His gravity is dragging them down. They would play much better without him.
he would be extemely useful in desperate situations but not on a normal team.

Trying to absorb Conceicao's goal after the whistle with that long hug.

Surely you’re taking the piss?
I'm not. I mean he didn't play badly really. But this Portugal team would be so much better without him starting. With the players they have the team shouldn't be getting set up to play that way. I just think at this stage of his career he should be a bench option now.

If you’re Portugal, you hope he comes up with big goals otherwise, there’s no point.

Decent first game. Can still make things happen and contribute but I think there's a risk he makes their team less dynamic. He'd probably be a better bench option.

Just a slight understatement. There’s mold growing in my bathroom that covered more ground than him tonight.

Portugal’s tactics were horrible though. I’m not exactly sure what was going wrong but something was badly out of whack. The substitutions improved them, mind you. Jota and Neto had a big impact.

I’m pretty sure they’ll only get so far with their style of play being ‘spam crosses to Ronaldo’.

Yikes... Like playing with 10 men. They need to play around him and hope that he picks up a few rebounds.

Yikes... Like playing with 10 men. They need to play around him and hope that he picks up a few rebounds.
Don't tell that to the usual lot in here, they just don't seem to get it. I think they'll still be expecting him to start games at Euro 2032 when he's 50.

I firmly believe and always have that Messi is better but the Copa is not on the same level as the Euros.

Hes a massive drag factor on this team. He was making the wrong runs all night, dropping deep to congest an already congested midfield and in the end Portugal needed two massive slices of luck to win a game they should have walked. Same as when he was at United, he just slows the team down massively. Stupid showboating occasionally and then flicking it off badly to one of his team mates when he is about to lose it.

His best moment was the little flick through to Vitinha but if Portugal have any designs on winning this tournament they need to bin him off for some more dynamic players.

Wasn't nearly as bad as being made out here if we're honest.

He created one of Portugals best chances with the back heel. Had a nice turn and shot off his left foot and was an inch offside and unlucky on the Jota goal. Offered more than the others in the attacking quartet who started in the end.

He was ok. But he shouldn’t be starting for Portugal. That’s been true for a few years now.