Covid Outbreak at Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed United players who were at Carrington on Wednesday:

Cristiano Ronaldo, Fred, Victor Lindelof, Amad, Marcus Rashford, Eric Bailly, Raphael Varane, Diogo Dalot, Scott McTominay, Anthony Martial, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Lee Grant, David de Gea, Bruno Fernandes, Edinson Cavani, Phil Jones, Alex Telles, Tahith Chong.

https://t.co/njDnlLJI64

Cobble together a starting 11 out of that;

De Gea

Dalot
Bailly
Varane
Telles

Mcfred

Fernandes
Rashford

Cavani
Ronaldo

not bad really. Just missing Sancho and Maguire from the team that beat Norwich. And Greenwood must be out and have to self-isolate because he's not vaccinated and came into contact with someone who has covid. Not because he has covid because he had covid recently and recovered.
It's also worth pointing out the following from the article:

A total of 17 first team players were spotted arriving at Carrington, although some who weren't spotted by MEN photographers could have reported earlier.

Hopefully there are a few others that were at training but just not spotted.

A total of 17 first team players were spotted arriving at Carrington, although some who weren't spotted by MEN photographers could have reported earlier.

Hopefully!

I'd imaging our game against Brentford only got called off because of lack of training and the fact we was probably still waiting for PCR test results. Brighton game is definitely going ahead right now I suspect.

Yeah I can’t see otherwise.

Hopefully. I don't want to think anti-vaxxer everytime I see Mason Greenwood now..:nervous:

It might help explain a lot of things with Mason though, the England national team situation among them..

Last edited:
A remarkable generalisation that.

I've had my vaccine, before you decide to have a pop. My wife worked in ITU for 6 years in one of the largest hospitals in the country, she's left now, but her best friend is still there who has now moved into a bed manager position. She's refusing to get the vaccine because of the huge increase in patients being admitted with strokes, the overwhelming majority of which have received the vaccine. This is someone that's been in the thick of it for 2 years, has seen both sides, but she's come to her own decision.

Let's not act like everyone that doesn't happily lap up every vaccine sent our way is some sort of thick shit that should be taken out of the gene pool.
Where’s the banhammer when you need it?

Where’s the banhammer when you need it?
For what exactly?! Absolutely ridiculous. All I've put forward in that post is the decision of someone that is dealing with this on a daily basis has taken. And you're suggesting that's something to be banned for?

This fecking place. Was the same with Ole and people having the audacity to say something negative about him.

So even when we are ravaged with covid VDB still won’t play :lol:

Post of the day!

I find it bizarre that any professional athletes, individuals whose fitness is integral to their professions, would be anti-vax. Death is not an unheard of outcome of contracting the COVID. Even if the odds are long because of you’re in your 20s, you’re playing with fire by not getting vaxxed.

Depends on Brighton, dont they also have issues with covid?

Potter confirmed in his pre-match conf that they had 3-4 cases but won’t be requesting for their game tonight against Wolves to be postponed.

I love how anti-vax is now called pro-choice.

I've yet to encounter an intelligent person who is 'pro-choice'... sadly even some of my (distant) relatives are of this persuasion. The common theme? They are not very bright. At all.
I just love the if you are against the vaccine, you are dumb.

It's almost like the illuminated ones don't know why it takes like 5 years to fully test and vaccine and guarantee it's safety or they just don't care.

The nerve to even compare people who are insecure with this Covid shot with people who are antivax is really something.

Rumors were Donny was gonna play at Brentford. That’s how I knew it was gonna get cancelled! We won’t cancel Brighton, but Brighton could. If not I expect the full team that played Norwich COVID allowing. Cause they’ve had a weeks rest now.

I've had my vaccine, before you decide to have a pop. My wife worked in ITU for 6 years in one of the largest hospitals in the country, she's left now, but her best friend is still there who has now moved into a bed manager position. She's refusing to get the vaccine because of the huge increase in patients being admitted with strokes, the overwhelming majority of which have received the vaccine. This is someone that's been in the thick of it for 2 years, has seen both sides, but she's come to her own decision.

Let's not act like everyone that doesn't happily lap up every vaccine sent our way is some sort of thick shit that should be taken out of the gene pool.
Is there any evidence linking the vaccine with strokes? Genuine question as I don’t know.

I just love the if you are against the vaccine, you are dumb.

It's almost like the illuminated ones don't know why it takes like 5 years to fully test and vaccine and guarantee it's safety or they just don't care.

The nerve to even compare people who are insecure with this Covid shot with people who are antivax is really something.
People comparing the covid vaccine to flu shots are actually pretty dumb. Almost like they don't realize there is a global pandemic going on.

People like you are so annoying.
Yeah, we should all clap and cheer the Facebook nutties who hate vaccines because Dawn from down the street had her cat stolen after she had the shot.

Post of the day!

I find it bizarre that any professional athletes, individuals whose fitness is integral to their professions, would be anti-vax. Death is not an unheard of outcome of contracting the COVID. Even if the odds are long because of you’re in your 20s, you’re playing with fire by not getting vaxxed.
I think people who are not at risk and healthy should be really careful when taking it. Athletes included, the odds of something serious happening are very slim. This disease seems to affects at risk people disproportionately.

Is there any evidence linking the vaccine with strokes? Genuine question as I don’t know.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34611009/

There are other studies in the related links.
I came upon this some time ago, when my best friend had a stroke and after a batery of tests no reason was determined, and the doctor open up about how she and her colleagues were getting an alarming number about this correlation. In his case was Astra Zeneca.

That same nurse is now gouging her eyeballs out with spoons as she noticed that all the patients on her stroke ward had two of them.

She's also discarded her mobile phone and those of all her family because the same stroke patients had all been using them for some time.

Not going to lie i hope admin doesn't close this down as you are all pretty entertaining :lol:

I don't know, I haven't looked it up as I've had the vaccine. I don't know if she's done any research or if she's just going by what she's seeing come in on the wards, rightly or wrongly. I just give an example where people are clearly compos mentis making their own decisions and people on here are baying for blood.

I don't know, I haven't looked it up as I've had the vaccine. I don't know if she's done any research or if she's just going by what she's seeing come in on the wards, rightly or wrongly. I just give an example where people are clearly compos mentis making their own decisions and people on here are baying for blood.
There's a reason why anecdotes of (even well-meaning) clinical staff do not tend to shape healthcare policy and best practice.

I think people who are not at risk and healthy should be really careful when taking it. Athletes included, the odds of something serious happening are very slim. This disease seems to affects at risk people disproportionately.

I came upon this some time ago, when my best friend had a stroke and after a batery of tests no reason was determined, and the doctor open up about how she and her colleagues were getting an alarming number about this correlation. In his case was Astra Zeneca.
The abstract of the one you sent seems to say that they can’t tell if it’s a coincidence yet or a genuine link. Interesting to see if anything else comes from it.

I love how anti-vax is now called pro-choice.

I've yet to encounter an intelligent person who is 'pro-choice'... sadly even some of my (distant) relatives are of this persuasion. The common theme? They are not very bright. At all.
Tbf it's a non-argument. I haven't heard one intelligent person being pro-injection. Most have done it, like me, just to be able to work and earn money in our profession.

I think both sets aren't too bright to be fair: those who claim that jabs serve some hidden, evil purpose and those who claim they're the dogs bollocks.

Astra is shite to the point that I had problems having the second dose as the injection point decided not to use it further because of side effects.

Don't people who have strokes tend to be older, and the older age groups are pretty much fully vaxxed at this point? You may be alluding to her seeing patients suffering from strokes who wouldn't normally have them, but if not, surely given the uptake of the vaccine amongst 70+ group, you would expect for most stroke cases to be amongst those who have been vaccinated?

I think it's because you try so hard to be right and are desperate to seek acknowledgement, and it shows in your posts. So it's a bit more than just giving an example, I think.

The players who are not vaccinated at this stage really need to face severe monetary consequences.
I'm more curious as to why they didn't take it assuming their highly qualified club doctors presumably advocating them? Or they don’t?

Thank you for saying this, I don't know how this is a difficult concept to grasp.
Technically speaking the analogy is poor. You can still get battered being vaccinated and you can still get side effects worse than covid.

I'm jabbed but let's not oversimplify the problem.

The Astra Zeneca vaccine may be linked to strokes in certain cases but it's not being used much anymore. Most people will get one of the mRNA vaccines from Pfizer or Moderna, which are not known for this side effect.

You probably mean well, but people are very aware of the anti vaxxers / covid deniers, and are rightly furious with them, as they're the ones making everything dwell on even longer than it should do.

You can't just say your wife reckons there's "huge" increase in strokes without even attempting to give numbers or evidence. It's pretty meaningless, and something loads of the above types of people rely on for their mis information.

Is your wife's friend a scientist or just a random nurse? Because you talk about generalisations (and use the word wrongly) and then go on about some random person who may or not have a clue.

The last two years have shown that nurses and even doctors are not immune to stupidity. And even if there is a risk of the vaccine, as a whole, it benefits society.

Oh bloody hell, it wasn't even the wife. It's the wife's best friend :lol:

So some casual comment, has gone through the wife, gone through this poster, and has probably magnified each time!

The Astra Zeneca vaccine may be linked to strokes in certain cases but it's not being used much anymore. Most people will get one of the mRNA vaccines from Pfizer or Moderna, which are not known for this side effect.
Thanks for the answer.

Technically speaking the analogy is poor. You can still get battered being vaccinated and you can still get side effects worse than covid.

I'm jabbed but let's not oversimplify the problem.
Obviously you can, that's when efficacy comes into play.
Oversimplification or not, arguments against getting jabbed are weak and uneducated.
Source - I'm a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.