Gaming CM 01/02 Hands-Off League - Signups for season 2016-17 Open!

He was a first team player in WBA who are about to be promoted to the PL in the game. He has some decent PL stats so the game highlighted this transfer.
Of course, never in doubt! :wenger:
Boksic returned from injury, played 1 match, scored a goal and got injured again for 2 months :lol:
Of course, never in doubt! :nervous:

Can't believe you gave teams $500M in the Conference League and they're still lingering in the bottom part of the league below quite a few non-doped clubs! :lol:

Last edited:
Can you imagine the shame of being the last promoted side here. Probably end up going bankrupt from paying all the players wages with conference level attendances and prize money.

My boys. What are you doing? Just because you beat top of the league does not mean you've made it. Don't do a spurs. You are crushing all my dreams.

Was this the edition where Kennedy Bakircioglu was a wonder kid? Signed every time.

So I was in my teenage years when I used to play this.
Do regens actually exist in this game? I assume they do, but I never remember going for them, yet these days, I almost refuse to buy anyone who isn't a regen

Can't believe you gave teams $500M in the Conference League and they're still lingering in th bottom part of the league below quite a few non-doped clubs! :lol:
Yeah pretty embarrassing, some have not spent any cash, but @RedTiger and @KirkDuyt spending more than 10M and being in a relegation battle is pretty sad.

@maniak this is great.

How are you running this? I'd like to have a game for old times sake.
Like nimic said, the game is free, I downloaded daemon tools to run it and that was it, it's just running fine. My brother runs it on his tablet, but I've never tried that.

Was this the edition where Kennedy Bakircioglu was a wonder kid? Signed every time.
Yeah he's here.

37fjf7r.png

I was telling myself that a fun season blasting away the conference might be fun but the others are proving that the spiral could continue.

Hope we sign a few players when we drop :(

think it was one or two versions before this one....
also, im fecking shit :o
Your manager makes strange choices, you got Wanchope and Carbone for almost 30M and they haven't played half the matches. Wanchope played 13 in 25 (he was injured for 2 weeks) and Carbone played 11 in 25 (with a 3 week injury).

So I was in my teenage years when I used to play this.
Do regens actually exist in this game? I assume they do, but I never remember going for them, yet these days, I almost refuse to buy anyone who isn't a regen
I think (don't quote me on it) in CM regens are just copies of retired players. Once a player retires a copy will randomly appear with a different nationality.

I was telling myself that a fun season blasting away the conference might be fun but the others are proving that the spiral could continue.

Hope we sign a few players when we drop :(
Yeah, if you don't start spending you're done, Conference clubs have spent more than 100M so far...

January 1, 2002 - Cups update

FA Cup

The 3rd round is here and all PL clubs are in. Here are the fixtures.

zyPqf6w.png

P0ylLDq.png

EuvhEPq.png

Some 2nd round highlights

@The Cat @spontaneus1

fAE61lT.png

@Vidyoyo @Solius

3zoDFAp.png

@Cheimoon @Hephaestus

xKnfphx.png

League Cup

dVU5J2T.png

@Hephaestus and @Vidyoyo had amazing runs but these PL teams proved too much.

WsxycpW.png

PZOxuFY.png

@The Cat on the other hand continues the fairy tale, another PL team knocked out. After an early red for West Ham they really took advantage.

cYf9Qol.png

Quarter Finals

QLkzuY1.png

@The Cat next victim was Leicester!

6QczJ2v.png

Poor Lee Mansell, however, didn't have much time to celebrate the most important goal of his career because he went on loan a couple of days later to non-league Sutton United :lol:

HLWvQzb.png

Lets see what happens in the next episode, Arsenal are the next opponent!

RtJ9Wd2.png

EFL Trophy

Round 1 results

zZAa1qW.png

UkoPOu7.png

FA Trophy

Ds2SrmJ.png

ACLupYB.png

If you want extra details let me know. In the lower cups I'll post game pictures starting on the quarter-finals.

Getting beat by Vidyoyo means I’ve failed in this experiment.

The PL is on fire, Arsenal are ahead with a 2 point lead over United. The top 2 in the best rating and top scorers are Henry and RVN, look at these numbers, especially Henry:

T5kmdED.png

Nbkygnq.png

Is there any reason why we havent?
No idea, AI is very random in this game when it comes to transfer decisions. The strangest thing for me is that your manager hasn't been sacked yet. Normally when a new manager comes in he buys a few players.

This is the most entertaining thread away from the nightmare of the other forums

well played @maniak

Absolutely agree, and it certainly helps that I'm fighting hard for the league, despite my drubbing by @SilentWitness in the vans trophy. Something to make up for Everton's season I suppose!

If this is the same version as I used to play then Julius Aghahowa was a must buy

March 2, 2002

Main transfers

Lots of transfers, many millions changing hands, here are the highlights...

@pacifictheme paid Liverpool 5.5M for Litmanen, he only had 1 match in the first XI and wanted out.

1WU1PpO.png

@RedTiger paid Man City 5M for promising defender Richard Dunne

XUE4WXK.png

@sebsheep is not messing around, another star player, this time Edmundo, the Animal, arrived from Cruzeiro for 15M

jz4F14F.png

@VivaObertan paid Newcastle 2M for veteran Gary Speed

kIhAGlr.png

@oneniltothearsenal got Okocha for just 1M after he requested being transferred from PSG

yfnFPZy.png

@Anustart89 got Arsenal veteran Grimandi for just 300k

PDEgJ2S.png

Hard not to think of Richard Dunne as a mediocre donkey but obviously he's a god at this level.