Gaming CM 01/02 Hands-Off League - Signups for season 2016-17 Open!

Les Ferdinand and Joseph-Désiré Job in the bleeding Conference and we're still struggling for goals! The defence seems to be okay - do I have some lower league Mourinho as a manager?

@esmufc07 :drool:

D7BAFCR.png

It's very very tight at the top for the automatic and playoff places. Anything could happen, but beating first place @Cheimoon has given me faith that we deserve to be up at the top.
Up the Optimised!

That Johnathan Milner is doing well, thanks @Solius . By all accounts he was a free transfer from you.

Is it possible to see his season stats please @maniak ?
He's doing great, 7 motm in 18 games.

qqjTVwn.png

However, and I have no idea why since he's playing every match...

QsrCeLm.png

I'm going along nicely. The nightmare is, this division only has one promotion, so could be stuck forever, even having better sides than Div 2 :lol:
Yeah, when I simulated this years ago it was in a forum where we managed to fill the whole league, in 2015 or so there was a guy stuck in the conference who won the fa cup and the uefa cup

Les Ferdinand and Joseph-Désiré Job in the bleeding Conference and we're still struggling for goals! The defence seems to be okay - do I have some lower league Mourinho as a manager?
Both very underwhelming, in 10 matches Job has 2 goals and Ferdinand has 3.

He's doing great, 7 motm in 18 games.

qqjTVwn.png

However, and I have no idea why since he's playing every match...

QsrCeLm.png

As long as he doesn't start giving interviews to Piers Morgan, we'll be fine.

Both very underwhelming, in 10 matches Job has 2 goals and Ferdinand has 3.
I guess they can't be arsed to raise themselves for this level and are just here to collect their exorbitant wages. Cushy job.

@maniak Slightly off topic, have you ever controlled a team in CM0102 that has been relegated from the conference?

I know you’re not controlling any of these teams of course, but I always wondered (but never tried) what would happen if your team becomes non league and has no fixtures. Do you retain control but have no matches to play?

In CM9798, if you finish bottom in Division 3, you don’t actually go down, it keeps you up and just doesn’t promote a non league club instead.

@maniak Slightly off topic, have you ever controlled a team in CM0102 that has been relegated from the conference?

I know you’re not controlling any of these teams of course, but I always wondered (but never tried) what would happen if your team becomes non league and has no fixtures. Do you retain control but have no matches to play?

In CM9798, if you finish bottom in Division 3, you don’t actually go down, it keeps you up and just doesn’t promote a non league club instead.
You get fired from the team if you're relegated to a non-playable league.

I never even considered getting relegated from the conference! Maybe I should have waited for the next season :lol:

January 1, 2002

New Managers

Quality managers continue to arrive to League 3, with @Hephaestus @oneniltothearsenal and @17 Van der Gouw bringing big names to their projects.

mxno1cg.png

HTaQRL7.png

skfNMMP.png

Main Transfers

@Cheimoon paid over 12M to WBA for Jason Roberts

gFhvnbJ.png

@sebsheep paid Watford 9M for experienced danish international Allan Nielsen and 7M for veteran Michael Mols from Rangers

tarpK8a.png

rrtCDkd.png

Major prospect Michael Bridges signed for @Vidyoyo for 8M from Leeds

PL1iGLx.png

Let's go Zoff, whip those boys into shape!

No surprise Sven was interested in the job, he'd always wanted to live in Hull...

Gullit loves to splash the cash it seems. Love it!

Erm, go Jason? I had never heard of him, but I see he has a Wiki page and managed 15 games for Grenada. I hope that's because they play very few games, not because he wasn't good enough for them... But I also see he is now Director of Development at CONCACAF, so maybe we bought him as a future player-coach! (Well, player-DOF, but eh.)

Erm, go Jason? I had never heard of him, but I see he has a Wiki page and managed 15 games for Grenada. I hope that's because they play very few games, not because he wasn't good enough for them... But I also see he is now Director of Development at CONCACAF, so maybe we bought him as a future player-coach! (Well, player-DOF, but eh.)
Is it the Jason Roberts who played for Blackburn?

Is it the Jason Roberts who played for Blackburn?
Same guy. This was his career (from Wikipedia):

YearsTeamApps(Gls)
1995–1997Hayes35(11)
1997–1998Wolverhampton Wanderers0(0)
1997–1998Torquay United (loan)14(6)
1998Bristol City (loan)3(1)
1998–2000Bristol Rovers78(38)
2000–2004West Bromwich Albion89(24)
2003–2004Portsmouth (loan)10(1)
2004–2006Wigan Athletic93(37)
2006–2012Blackburn Rovers134(24)
2012–2014Reading28(6)
Total484(148)

Of course, now I'm looking at this properly, I'm noticing he actually played in the EPL with WBA, Wigan, and Blackburn - so he's actually higher profile than I thought. But anyway. :wenger:

January 1, 2002

League 3

@Cheimoon and @The Boy are still the top 2, but @OptimisedRed has completely collapsed and went from 3rd to 11th in just 8 matches

8Sqj06k.png

wfc5gen.png

@Samid with the 3rd best defense in the league is now 3rd. @sebsheep and @Hephaestus are finally seeing the results of all their spending and got into the playoff spots.

@Dan v @SilentWitness is now the biggest win in the league

6n7l6yz.png

@Maluco please don't look at the following picture...

ozfkyHn.png

Best ratings and top scorers:

JcUQG21.png

BOSvGVY.png

If anyone wants some extra info, let me know.

He was a first team player in WBA who are about to be promoted to the PL in the game. He has some decent PL stats so the game highlighted this transfer.

Boksic returned from injury, played 1 match, scored a goal and got injured again for 2 months :lol: so you really needed a new striker.

January 1, 2002

Conference

The fight for the title continues on fire, only 3 points separate the top 4 @golden_blunder @Herman Toothrot @Igor Drefljak @Siorac

lYKC3ZU.png

Despite spending more than 10M, @RedTiger and @KirkDuyt are still struggling and together with @17 Van der Gouw are on real danger of relegation to non-league football.

538SbY8.png

@golden_blunder now has the biggest win of the season

5TLUVcT.png

@Siorac is currently on a 15 match unbeaten run, finally justifying the 15M spent so far. On the other hand, credit to @Herman Toothrot for being in the fight while not buying a single player.

n00C4Zr.png

Best ratings and Top Scorers

OvmbcDK.png

w0M33Sl.png

If anyone wants some extra info, let me know.

Les Ferdinand is finally doing the business! We just needed time to mature and grow as a team.