Gaming CM 01/02 Hands-Off League - Signups for season 2016-17 Open!

forsell scores well in this game from memory
@Bilbo

MB9sOWX.png

Excellent. I think I might have used to buy VdV in my own games.

Where's Aghahowa at currently?

I am fuming with the owners. I might have to sack the board here.

Have they made ANY moves in the market? Like even just some old bastard or a kid? There's money to burn and a top level reputation, SPEND SOME feckING MONEY

I am fuming with the owners. I might have to sack the board here.

Have they made ANY moves in the market? Like even just some old bastard or a kid? There's money to burn and a top level reputation, SPEND SOME feckING MONEY
Not yet, but your name is beginning to appear on some players as "interested". Normally it's a sign you're about to spend.

August 15, 2004 - Summer Transfers

League 3

@Bilbo has had one of the best windows so far, arguably the best, bringing in experienced players and promising youth. As soon as last season ended he got 3 players, including PSV star Bruggink, and later on he got Gavilán from @Maluco and super prospect van der Vaart for a ridiculously small fee.

5slQO2b.png

lu7F5C0.png

EyEC85P.png

Kiexb8q.png

uNV1D4j.png

Qqc8rji.png

vRCYgrt.png

@LARulz paid Arsenal 4M for Lakis

6Es5hbu.png

@PSV went shopping in the english market...

G4N7UUP.png

JOBbZfn.png

FX025TE.png

v9O39eO.png

@The Boy also spent over 30M

OXf6wE0.png

EOcjhql.png

T4WbhiV.png

bGSGFlQ.png

@Withnail paid Sheffield Wednesday 12M for Kolkka

X7jM1DX.png

Not bad. I'm building a team very feckin slowly :lol:

A few defenders wouldn't go astray.

@maniak could I trouble you for a squad list when you get time.
Should at least be a post without bad news for Hep.

Did you already start the season? Could you do something similar for me?
I simulated the first quarter, I'll post tonight or tomorrow.

This was your last lineup but Emerson (DM) is injured so I guess it should be different when he's back.

IsQfEFv.png

I simulated the first quarter, I'll post tonight or tomorrow.

This was your last lineup but Emerson (DM) is injured so I guess it should be different when he's back.

IsQfEFv.png
Thanks. I'm not totally sure what the arrows indicate, but I'll take it as an attacking 5-3-2!

Thanks. I'm not totally sure what the arrows indicate, but I'll take it as an attacking 5-3-2!
The arrows in CM 01/02 were one of humanity's greatest mysteries when I was a kid. Everyone had a different theory. I'm sure someone has figured it out by now, I always assumed those players are moving more often in the arrows' direction.

The arrows in CM 01/02 were one of humanity's greatest mysteries when I was a kid. Everyone had a different theory. I'm sure someone has figured it out by now, I always assumed those players are moving more often in the arrows' direction.
I don't even want to know their real meaning, I want to be able to believe that they mean that my players are bombing forward in those directions! :D

I always thought they were areas that your players look to move to when in possession.
Full backs with longer arrows being more attacking etc.
@Cheimoon seems to be playing wide center backs, which were only recently introduced to FM. Visionary.

August 15, 2004 - Summer Transfers

Conference

@AbusementPark continues the tradition of buying from his rivals and paid @17 Van der Gouw 15M for Rebrov

w3TlQeJ.png

@Herman Toothrot continues the tradition of spending around 30M in the summer (30.5M, 36.5M and now 31.5M, that's consistency).

PhGkcMG.png

zBILreT.png

GsSQU0b.png

KLIzqTd.png

@Peter van der Gea lost Maresca back to Italy to play for the european champions.

czHOq6Y.png

@oneniltothearsenal paid Bolton 6M for Blomqvist

SVQ6Gxi.png

@spontaneus1 paid Derby 7M for Cookie

cda5Cj0.png

Toothrotanomics

Every time I see one of these transfer posts I fear the worst, and usually the worst comes to pass. The board must have had a nosebleed or panic attack when we nearly made the playoffs, causing them to clam up again and spend nothing. My best player probably gone back to United too now?

Every time I see one of these transfer posts I fear the worst, and usually the worst comes to pass. The board must have had a nosebleed or panic attack when we nearly made the playoffs, causing them to clam up again and spend nothing. My best player probably gone back to United too now?
He's back to united where he's played 0 minutes in 9 matches...

My board are useless. Solid defence and still won’t buy top class strikers.

October 20, 2004 - Main Transfers

Premier League

@Cheimoon got a couple of teenagers...

League 1

BitterDefenselessGemsbok-size_restricted.gif

League 2

@nimic got a couple of promising players from Sheffield Wednesday, where they were having amazing ratings.

15M

hmFcR5r.png

11M

hPv2k4r.png

League 3

@Big Andy finally spending some cash!

1oVt2zg.png

x5vptkm.png

m8phNqo.png

K0LYNIu.png

More bad new for @Hephaestus, this time they sold another top performer for 20M to @Bilbo

zIv6FSS.png

@Siorac sold another promising player, 6M to Newcastle

hKvyTKt.png

@Skizzo bringing in reinforcements for defense, midfield and attack...

ldTCH0Z.png

WX42oRW.png

nsQ5nw6.png

az9COuZ.png

@Withnail got 3 players, including one of @golden_blunder's top performers...

bZW4Glr.png

EOII7bE.png

Conference

No one wants to join the Conference...