Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The richest man on the planet borrowed from GS to buy Twitter, that’s how it works. The important point is that Manchester United will be debt free.

I know how it works which is why I don't tell anyone that someone that doesn't have that kind of liquidity doesn't need a lender. The only people that do not need lenders are the largest banks and even them borrow out of need and convenience.

The problem we have is that details of the Qatar bid came out first, so everyone now has the mental image of a diamond paved Streford with bullet canal boats whizzing past our new floating 100k capacity stadium with fifty seven restaurants and cheese rooms. In a normal world the Ratcliffe pledge to get rid of the Glazers and redevelop Old Trafford would be met with untold glee, but now it's like being offered a fillet steak after the other person has promised to wank you off.

The problem we have is that details of the Qatar bid came out first, so everyone now has the mental image of a diamond paved Streford with bullet canal boats whizzing past our new floating 100k capacity stadium. In a normal world the Ratcliffe pledge to get rid of the Glazers and redevelop Old Trafford would be met with untold glee, but now it's like being offered a fillet steak after the other person has promised to wank you off.

Very true. But cant blame people for turning to the bidder more likely to invest heavily in the club, on and off the pitch, and who are not financed by American investors who only care about ROI.

Glazer’s don’t give two hoots about what’s best for the club and any grand plans that are tabled. They’ll just take the most dollars offered.

What if some bids are very close to the same in value? I think the bidder will have to divulge more details to the fans and the current owners. Despite very obvious to make "they don't give feck" statements, they will have noticed nearly two decades or protests and acrimony and will to some degree look at the pros and cons of each bid.

It's kind of a fallacy. As an example the Manchester United the football club is debt free, the parent company that is named Manchester United PLC and was created in the Cayman by the Glazer family is not debt free. Who do you think finances the parent company?
In theory INEOS would become the patent company. There would be no more Manchester United PLC. Infact INEOS isn’t even a PLC.

So I'm either selling my soul? Don't really care about the club that much or or need to exactly agree with you?

Good to know. I'll leave you to come to your own conclusions as you seem to be incredibly invested in doing so.
You said yourself, you don't care who the owners of the club are. I assume you don't care about the Glazer ownership either?

If so, my conclusions are correct so yes, we can leave it there.

No longer the case under the new regs.

New regs are still focused on player wages, transfer and agents fees being a maximum % of club revenue are they not?

Then there are solvency requirements too, but Manchester United dont have to be the entity investing in the stadium or in the local area.

This is part of the statment released in regard to the bid,

“We can confirm that Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Ineos have submitted a bid for majority ownership of Manchester United Football Club,” a statement, released to the PA news agency, read.

Not complete, not a takeover. I think Sir Jim's method of competing with money he can't compete with, is to appeal to the greed of the Glazers and have them retain some level of ownership and therefore profit.

“We can confirm that Sir Jim Ratcliffe and Ineos have submitted a bid for majority ownership of Manchester United Football Club,” a statement, released to the PA news agency, read.

Not complete, not a takeover. I think Sir Jim's method of competing with money he can't compete with, is to appeal to the greed of the Glazers and have them retain some level of ownership and therefore profit.
They are planning to buy Glazers share. Think it was confirmed by few reporters today

Here you go

2. Permitted Exclusions

I should also point out that the level of loss that a club reports in their financial accounts will not be the same figure as is used in the Break Even calculations. This is because UEFA have allowed clubs to exclude certain expenditure from the calculations. UEFA are keen to develop the game and don't want the FFP rules to constrain clubs from investing and developing - without any exclusions a club building a new stadium or new stand would be hit by an FFP penalty (the cost of the development would mean the club reported a large financial loss). Clubs can therefore exclude infrastructure development costs and youth development/community development costs. Manchester City announced that they should be able to exclude around £10m a year as a result of the youth/community exclusion.

@Regulus Arcturus Black

In theory INEOS would become the patent company. There would be no more Manchester United PLC. Infact INEOS isn’t even a PLC.

Exactly and nothing prevents INEOS to act similarly to Manchester United PLC. Nothing.

feck me how many times does @bosnian_red have to clear this up.

Everyone is bidding for a majority, that’s all the bidding process is for, not the floated shares :lol:

No obviously not like the Glazers.

Even Roman wouldn't be buying a football club for £5b out of his own pocket. He bought Chelsea for £140m.

City and Newcastle were bought for £200-300m .
And there is an offer to buy United without debt plus invest in the stadium, training ground and women’s team. Close your eyes, imagine that was Ratcliffe bid and bid with debt, no mention of investment in the stadium, training ground and women’s team was from Qatar. Then critique each on its merits.

And there is an offer to buy United without debt plus invest in the stadium, training ground and women’s team. Close your eyes, imagine that was Ratcliffe bid and bid with debt, no mention of investment in the stadium, training ground and women’s team was from Qatar. Then critique each on its merits.

:lol:

The problem we have is that details of the Qatar bid came out first, so everyone now has the mental image of a diamond paved Streford with bullet canal boats whizzing past our new floating 100k capacity stadium with fifty seven restaurants and cheese rooms. In a normal world the Ratcliffe pledge to get rid of the Glazers and redevelop Old Trafford would be met with untold glee, but now it's like being offered a fillet steak after the other person has promised to wank you off.
Really. I recall “debt” being a huge no no 6 months ago

? I’m not the one calling people morons or spastics.
Simply the one saying we should all wait till more detailed information regarding the bids is released.

Cheers for your input though.
This is what I’m talking about

First of all I don't think thats physically possible anymore because of the new Anti Glazer laws. Second, I'm just reading up on them right now but after they took over Milan, they won the title, can't be that bad!

Elliott is a private equity. They have no loyalty, they only care about numbers, they don't bend under pressure and they can't care less about protests. If they decide to go full skint mode then there's no turning them and they always operate on a worst case scenario which means that they can't be bothered of top 4 either as they planned with or without it.

According to the muppeteers they are willing to buy a small stake at the club and they have extended the offer to everyone bar the Glazers. Which is typical from Elliotts. These people want to invest into something that will give them a guaranteed pay out soon afterwards. They won't trust such lousy owners.

This is what I’m talking about

That’s just how you read it I’m afraid. Coming into a thread an asking why someone (online) is always angry is a bit odd.
You simply dislike my posting style, I’m not even slightly angry, I can quote some people from the caf who’ve met me if you like :)

I find you often quick to go to jump in with harsh statements like the one above, but I accepted a while back we aren’t compatible for online debate.

A bit of a shit reason, but part of me is worried that if we don't end up with Qatar, they'd simply jet down the m62 and buy the Scouse. We'd then watch them, City and Newcastle battle it out for the league most seasons. Meanwhile we comfort ourselves with Brexit Jimbo winning the moral cup every year, as we slug it out with the likes of Spurs and Brighton, but hey we're not an oil club at least. And Manchester will fully be back in United considering we'd lose our global fanbase :lol:

Obviously this was mostly tongue in cheek, but the concern sticks.
it's 100% valid and realistic. Qatar tried to buy Liverpool before they refused to give a full sale.

They'll try again no doubt if we refuse them. Make no mistake, whether we like it or not, Qatar ARE buying a PL club.

I'd rather it be us than Liverpool or Tottenham. Moral top 6 finishes won't do it for me.

City have had a rocket strapped to their backs and have been cheating for 15 years. We’ve done nothing in the last decade yet are still bigger than City on an incomparable scale. So no, we’re not looking to be ‘the next Man City’

So the owners will pump less money into United because we are already a big club. Man City light.
I'm sure our rivals and the football world will see it as fair competition if we are gifted new training facilities or a state-of-the-art stadium. Just as we would if liverpool were injected with sovereign state money and suddenly got a bigger stadium than us without even taking a loan. 'Fair enough, liverpool were a big club before that'.

Can we just respect each other opinion? We might have differing views but we all love the club (apart those who want Elliot involved)

Really. I recall “debt” being a huge no no 6 months ago
The point I'm making is that the Ratcliffe offer is still a good offer, it's just not as good as the Qatari offer.

Since you're mentioning debt though, I've got an opinion on that too. We still have no idea how the debt will be serviced by Ratcliffe. The problem with the debt under the Glazers is that after nearly twenty years it's barely come down.

So the owners will pump less money into United because we are already a big club. Man City light.
I'm sure our rivals and the football world will see it as fair competition if we are gifted new training facilities or a state-of-the-art stadium. Just as we would if liverpool were injected with sovereign state money and suddenly got a bigger stadium than us without even taking a loan. 'Fair enough, liverpool were a big club before that'.
Investing in the club does not make us Man City lite :rolleyes:

It has probably been mentioned already but one way that could allow Ratcliffe or others to finance the debt in a way that I believe is acceptable would be Old Trafford naming rights. While some purist will be upset, I don't really care because Old Trafford will always be Old Trafford in mind even its actual name becomes Pampers Old Trafford.

In retrospect the Glazers should have ignored the potential uproar because it would have served the club's finances greatly.

It has probably been mentioned already but one way that could allow Ratcliffe or others to finance the debt in a way that I believe is acceptable would be Old Trafford naming rights. While some purist will be upset, I don't really care because Old Trafford will always be Old Trafford in mind even its actual name becomes Pampers Old Trafford.

In retrospect the Glazers should have ignored the potential uproar because it would have served the club's finances greatly.
I don't think fans will find that palatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.