Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commitment is a strong word. They are politicking. None of the bidders are duty bound to live up to these statements. It is a charm offensive to win over fan support. I'm surprised more are not suspicious of Qatar's statement after their broken promises with the World Cup.
I think the Qatari claims are more believable because of the vast amounts of cash they're sitting on, and because of precedence with PSG (their new facilities look incredible). Contrast that to Jim who can't afford to buy the club outright and is relying on some morally contempt hedge funds to get him over the line for just a majority stake.

You're right that we should take any promises with a pinch of salt at this stage, but it's not a stretch to assume certain parties are more inclined to follow through with their pledges.

A bit of a shit reason, but part of me is worried that if we don't end up with Qatar, they'd simply jet down the m62 and buy the Scouse. We'd then watch them, City and Newcastle battle it out for the league most seasons. Meanwhile we comfort ourselves with Brexit Jimbo winning the moral cup every year, as we slug it out with the likes of Spurs and Brighton, but hey we're not an oil club at least. And Manchester will fully be back in United considering we'd lose our global fanbase :lol:

Obviously this was mostly tongue in cheek, but the concern sticks.
Yeah I can't help but feel this way too. You won't see this kind of moral posturing from Pool and Arsenal fans if Qatar was about to buy them.

More bids coming in should be a good thing. Guarantees the Glazers feck off. Why are people losing their shit?

Also helps in each bid formulating a clearer and better plan to be accepted hopefully. More details on the redevelopment or rebuild of the stadium or complex, training facilities for men and womens teams, is a womens stadium built next door and they sometimes use the main stadium. Being based around the same place is important.

Old Trafford is an iconic stadium, I would add the look of it on TV is very important for fans around the world and it's very recognizable and emotive. I wouldn't want a bowl style with larger spaces for more advertising hoardings, I wouldn't want low and broad stands. I'd like something in keeping with OT if replaced and look as special like Nou Camp/ Bernabeu, and be imposing. It should not be some generic bowl like Emirates and the million others that have fans far away from the pitch not visible on TV screens. Wembley was poorly thought out with huge metal corrugated shutters facing the TV camera in each corner, they now cover these ghastly shutters with fabric stretched over. These should be on the other side.

Sure, officially. I think it's pretty obvious it is state-backed though and this is simply a way to get around regulations. If it is private then there's no reason to be morally outraged at all really.
Yeah, if there’s two bids then I can’t see how both are under the one umbrella.

Yeah I can't help but feel this way too. You won't see this kind of moral posturing from Pool and Arsenal fans if Qatar was about to buy them.
Of course not. Football fans are fickle by nature. They'd make the same points to absolve themselves as the ones we're hearing here (from me included).

The point is it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. The media and opposition fans aren't going to respect us anymore because we've evaded the temptation of oil money and gone British.

I think the Qatari claims are more believable because of the vast amounts of cash they're sitting on, and because of precedence with PSG (their new facilities look incredible). Contrast that to Jim who can't afford to buy the club outright and is relying on some morally contempt hedge funds to get him over the line for just a majority stake.

You're right that we should take any promises with a pinch of salt at this stage, but it's not a stretch to assume certain parties are more inclined to follow through with their pledges.

They certainly have the money but I'm pretty sure people said Qatar's wealth would be able to build covered air conditioned stadiums to host a summer World Cup. And that they committed to selling beer in the stadiums during matches when they made their bid. And that they'd give travelling fans a stipend through out the tournament to promote the event on socials. So are they truly likely to follow through on the stated promises about United? I'm skeptical. Just as I am skeptical of all these statements.

Well if that's the case all the people concerned about human rights issues can relax. A private billionaire from Qatar is no worse than a private billionaire from USA or UK. Suggesting otherwise is xenophobia frankly. Not all people from Qatar are terrible people because they were born there. In terms of my feelings about billionaires, I consider them all to be morally questionable regardless of where they come from so...

Not caring sounds like a cop out for you not understanding or simply claiming ignorance about who the owners could be tbh.

Either that, or if you don't care about how your football club is ran, then maybe you just don't care much about the club. Fair enough. There are plenty of fairweather fans.

So I'm either selling my soul? Don't really care about the club that much or or need to exactly agree with you?

Good to know. I'll leave you to come to your own conclusions as you seem to be incredibly invested in doing so.

Like I said in the end it doesn’t matter as fans what we want.
The glazers being money hungry just shows whoever has the biggest bag will come away with the club.

When have the Glazers ever Really cared about our opinions? they will 100% choose money over morals or fan opinions.

Might be a further ruse to show 'separation' from the state?

"Hey our bid is different, the state is bidding separately don't you see?"

fecking hell people are sooooo desperate to paint anything none ME in a bad light. It’s the first day after the bid.

hook, line, and sinker.

People falling over themselves to swallow these cheesy publicity stunts with the 92 Foundation etc. just because they can't wait for us to become the next ManCity.

He doesn't need Goldman Sachs, ultra rich people don't use their own money to buy anything. Getting a loan is cheaper.

He absolutely need Goldman Sachs. He doesn't have the liquidity to pay 5bn, he would have to sell assets to generate that money.

hook, line, and sinker.

People falling over themselves to swallow these cheesy publicity stunts with the 92 Foundation etc. just because they can't wait for us to become the next ManCity.
Or it's currently the best offer for the club.

Like the glazers, but unlike Roman, City, Newcastle?

No obviously not like the Glazers.

Even Roman wouldn't be buying a football club for £5b out of his own pocket. He bought Chelsea for £140m.

City and Newcastle were bought for £200-300m .

I think it's the fact that INEOS said there would be no "additional" debt, leading some to think that they weren't going to clear what we already have
Only because they aren’t paying attention or are wilfully ignoring INEOS bid details. It’s already been stated INEOS would take on the current debt - United would effectively be debt free.

A bit of a shit reason, but part of me is worried that if we don't end up with Qatar, they'd simply jet down the m62 and buy the Scouse. We'd then watch them, City and Newcastle battle it out for the league most seasons. Meanwhile we comfort ourselves with Brexit Jimbo winning the moral cup every year, as we slug it out with the likes of Spurs and Brighton, but hey we're not an oil club at least. And Manchester will fully be back in United considering we'd lose our global fanbase :lol:

Obviously this was mostly tongue in cheek, but the concern sticks.

It's a real concern. I'd say those that are against a Qatar like bid would say we can still compete and FFP will help curtail them. I think Abu Dhabi Saudi Arabia and Qatar under Pool for example will be duking it out most seasons.

There's also issues in how players are paid. I'd want more details but it seems PSG/Qatar are paying Mbappe huge sums in signing on fees and loyalty bonuses that the total is far beyond the means of a non state backed club.

He absolutely need Goldman Sachs. He doesn't have the liquidity to pay 5bn, he would have to sell assets to generate that money.

Yeah he won't have £5 billion sitting in a bank, it obviously makes more business sense to borrow the money and pay it off through his company than it does liquidating assets. But there's people in here that seem to think because he's borrowing money it means he's skint.

Which bidder is going to put more money into the team, the stadium renovation, training grounds, womens team, local area and local causes?

It's not gonna be Ineos.

Only because they aren’t paying attention or are wilfully ignoring INEOS bid details. It’s already been stated INEOS would take on the current debt - United would effectively be debt free.

It's kind of a fallacy. As an example the Manchester United the football club is debt free, the parent company that is named Manchester United PLC and was created in the Cayman by the Glazer family is not debt free. Who do you think finances the parent company?

Also helps in each bid formulating a clearer and better plan to be accepted hopefully. More details on the redevelopment or rebuild of the stadium or complex, training facilities for men and womens teams, is a womens stadium built next door and they sometimes use the main stadium. Being based around the same place is important.

Old Trafford is an iconic stadium, I would add the look of it on TV is very important for fans around the world and it's very recognizable and emotive. I wouldn't want a bowl style with larger spaces for more advertising hoardings, I wouldn't want low and broad stands. I'd like something in keeping with OT if replaced and look as special like Nou Camp/ Bernabeu, and be imposing. It should not be some generic bowl like Emirates and the million others that have fans far away from the pitch not visible on TV screens. Wembley was poorly thought out with huge metal corrugated shutters facing the TV camera in each corner, they now cover these ghastly shutters with fabric stretched over. These should be on the other side.
Glazer’s don’t give two hoots about what’s best for the club and any grand plans that are tabled. They’ll just take the most dollars offered.

hook, line, and sinker.

City have had a rocket strapped to their backs and have been cheating for 15 years. We’ve done nothing in the last decade yet are still bigger than City on an incomparable scale. So no, we’re not looking to be ‘the next Man City’

Commitment is a strong word. They are politicking. None of the bidders are duty bound to live up to these statements. It is a charm offensive to win over fan support. I'm surprised more are not suspicious of Qatar's statement after their broken promises with the World Cup.

Agreed. Although at this point, the Qataris seem to be promoted by various factions seduced by the prospect of endless money, which trumps all other considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.