Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some lads on here would have us plunged further into debt rather than take on ME owners, just so they can feel morally superior. They can feck off to be honest. I hope you don't show your faces here again when Qatar's bid is accepted.

I'm not necessarily completely against all American bids, even though their track record to this point owning football clubs has been a bit concerning. That being said, any hedge funds, especially this one which has already been involved in a disastrous takeover of Milan, would be terrible for us. Of the bids announced so far, only Qatar's offer sounds remotely acceptable

Big red flags that INEOS and Jim have briefed the press about stadium developments etc. Rather than including it as part of their statement. Gives them an easy way to avoid committing to it.
Exactly. I'm studying contract law right now and by not including anything in his offer advertised to the public other than nationalistic conjecture, he's being careful to not be held to any commitments. Big Red flag for me.

Yeah that part is being mentioned here. They could have included in the statement. But apparently if you point that out you are ME ****

Not saying they will avoid it after but not sure why they didnt include in the statement

No way :lol:

Waiting for the "not all debt is bad debt" comments to come next

Big red flags that INEOS and Jim have briefed the press about stadium developments etc. Rather than including it as part of their statement. Gives them an easy way to avoid committing to it.
When the news broke back in august that the glazers were looking at selling minority stake Ineos released a statement saying they were open to any discussions around working toward majority ownership and funding the huge infrastructure spend required. Yes, they’ve dropped the PR ball so far. But there is zero doubt this is a good bid and feck all like the glazers.

Strictly from a sporting project, the Qatari proposal is clearly superior and provides more of what the club needs than Ratcliffe. Of course the latter is a “local bid”. Probably been repeated hundreds of times already, no billionaire comes in with clean hands, from the Middle East or Europe. All or most are corrupt and could give two shits about being the authority on ethics and morals.

IMO Ratcliffe checks one important box for so many opposed to the Qatari bid: British. Let’s not pretend race doesn’t matter. If you evaluate each bid without knowing who made it, I’m certain many would presume that it was Ratcliffe who was creating the 92 fund with a commitment of investing billions around Old Trafford, investing in youth and redeveloping the area around the stadium. I mean of course it’s the local billionaire who would commit to such projects in Manchester not someone from Qatar.
Its not race. It's private individual or consortium versus nation state (any nation state, but one with horrendous human rights record needing image polish-up to boot) in disguise.

Given the nature of the rivalries and pettiness between these royal families, and the fact we are the biggest prize realistically available, I would be very surprised if there is no Saudi bid now the qataris have gone public.

It will probably be a month before we really know what each proposal really means.

No but the news just came out, surprised by some of the reactions already.

Yeah surprising the fanbase terrorised by exorbitant interest rates and American owners would react negatively to an American hedge fund willing to bankroll an owner by saddling him with exorbitant interest rates.

It really is a mystery.

Given the nature of the rivalries and pettiness between these royal families, and the fact we are the biggest prize realistically available, I would be very surprised if there is no Saudi bid now the qataris have gone public.

It will probably be a month before we really know what each proposal really means.

Agreed, although the Saudis may run into similar hurdles as the Qataris given that all their money comes from the same place via the Government - the ground.

Exactly. I'm studying contract law right now and by not including anything in his offer advertised to the public other than nationalistic conjecture, he's being careful to not be held to any commitments. Big Red flag for me.

what? How could the Qatari bid break contract law if they say develop the hospitality sections of Old Trafford only?
There’s nothing concrete there either.

Surely nothing there can be held against them in court, the contract is between them and the Glazers, unlike the Chelsea sale.

Yeah, I don't think there'll be much protest against the bid because they won't want to undermine their ask of wanting the Glazers out ASAP. So it'll be difficult to protest a Qatar bid because of that.

What I suspect might happen is a display of banners supportive of the Ratcliffe bid.

Oh yeah the matchgoers will be out in force tomorrow even though it's obvious all rivals want him to take over which says it all to me

For the life of me I cannot understand how anyone who calls themselves a United fan can support American hedgefunds or Ratcliffe's bid. This would be the final nail in the coffin for us. We cannot take anymore debt and we certainly need a shitton of investment to catch up.

No buyer is putting debt on the club. Where are you getting this idea from?

Yeah surprising the fanbase terrorised by exorbitant interest rates and American owners would react negatively to an American hedge fund willing to bankroll an owner by saddling him with exorbitant interest rates.

It really is a mystery.
Careful, your casual racism is showing.

Sounds fecking smart to me.

Go out and get chancing though I say.

Sure, if ruining peoples lives, being a selfish prat, and pissing off your liquidity provider is smart.

edit: obviously hes smart; he's successful. He's still a giant dick though.

As much as I don’t want Qatar (and I can only laugh about a lot of posts here who are now acting as if almost everything would be rosy with them as owners - no clue if people are just naive or doing mental gymnastics so they can convince themselves) - however all the other bids sound even more dodgy. Main thing is I want the debt gone. We were debt free before the Glazers. They put debt on the club, so if another owner pays for it, I am all for it. Once the debt is gone we will have more financial flexibility in terms of spending on infrastructure, etc.

But still, part of me is still hoping the Qatar bid fails (very little chance I know).

what? How could the Qatari bid break contract law if they say develop the hospitality sections of Old Trafford only?
There’s nothing concrete there either.

Surely nothing there can be held against them in court, the contract is between them and the Glazers, unlike the Chelsea sale.
He’s not suggesting they’re breaking contract law

Not in any way to diminish a state's responsibility toward human rights, but we are an American-owned British club.
Our governments have been invading and bombing people in other countries, in the not too distant past.
What's Qatar's body count?

Is that even an argument? We aren't owned by the UK or USA Governments? How can our current owners have a say on their international policies? If we become Qatar state owned then they obviously have the choice and power to change their domestic policies, but don't. The question is whether the Qatar bid is state driven and given that the man fronting it is Qatar royalty then in my opinion it is.

If he had included those promises in his initial statement would it have been binding though? My understanding would be that it's still possible to renege on that promise if they wanted to. Definitely concerning either way that it wasn't originally mentioned.

Even in the Qatari statement, that says nothing more than that they will invest in the stadium & infrastructure, there’s not a shred of solid information there, yet so many of you are lapping it up :lol:

As they sign off “More details of the bid will be released, when appropriate, if and when the bid process develops.” Which in fairness to them, is exactly how it should be, release more concrete details when the bid gets further down the line.

Some lads on here would have us plunged further into debt rather than take on ME owners, just so they can feel morally superior. They can feck off to be honest. I hope you don't show your faces here again when Qatar's bid is accepted.
Usually those who then wait infront of the Megastore to buy an Mbappe 7 shirt first thing

Rather have INEOS or Qatar than that US fund. Just please no
We won’t end up with American ownership. The fans will go crazy. Qatar, whether we like it or not, will win the bid because they seem the most prepared and obviously have the wealth to throw whatever they want at it.

If he had included those promises in his initial statement would it have been binding though? My understanding would be that it's still possible to renege on that promise if they wanted to. Definitely concerning either way that it wasn't originally mentioned.
Of course it isn’t binding. Yet another made up reason to discredit the SJR bid. This place has gone proper bonkers :lol:

Can’t wait to see the meltdown when people come to the realisation that this has already been decided.

it was clear to me when the Glazers were travelling allArab countries , even before we heard about them maybe looking to go.

Add along them wanting to get involved with cricket (similar to the Qataris) .
Wouldn’t surprise me if Sjr put that out just for s**t & giggles. He’s never really been serious . Remember when he said he wouldn’t wait for United to come available forever. Then when we do he half steps with such vagueness.

No buyer is putting debt on the club. Where are you getting this idea from?
'Debt on the club' or 'debt on INEOS' is the same thing - someone is gonna have to pay that. And before someone comes up to me with the 'INEOS has 60 billion revenue', that's not profit. They can have 1 trillion in revenue, it doesn't matter if their expenses are just as much.

If its an American owner, Steve Ballmer would seem like a logical choice. He's worth more than all bidders combined and is already experienced in the world of Sport.
This club has suffered enough on the hand of Americans. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.