Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ten Hag's at the wheel, tell me how good does it feel. We've got Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani ..."

If we get bought by the Qataris and become like PSG and City it'll be goodnight to my support for United.

There's no contest left if the main reason you win is endless amounts of money. It's just pointless.

would you come back when they sell up a decade later? I’m assuming you are currently love United hate Glazer? How is hating a different owner the end of your support

Does Mike Keegan have any background on being reliable for this sort of thing?

I know he’s a complete bluffer on transfers so I assumed he would be here but I guess he was first to mention Qatar which was then followed by everyone else…

He’s meant to be on the money with this stuff

Does Mike Keegan have any background on being reliable for this sort of thing?

I know he’s a complete bluffer on transfers so I assumed he would be here but I guess he was first to mention Qatar which was then followed by everyone else…
He's obviously being fed information by the Qataris

You know if the Qataris had to write a paragraph to Daniel Levy if they wanted to buy Spurs it would be:

Lads, it's Tottenham...

Figure keeps changing.. Yesterday it was 5bn. No way they settle for minority ownership and leave 2-3 bn on the table. If someone bids around 5b, glazer time will be over
No investor will want them at the club. Cant see minority investment in any way. It'd all or nothing.

It’s astonishing to me that so many are so passionate about United in this thread and claim to be die hard fans that wouldn’t support the club if owned by a private Qatar investment group.

The same people who are not willing to even do basic research on the potential new owners of the club and would rather spout xeonophobic nonsense and immediately discredit any mention of even the word Qatar.

The Glazers will absolutely try to get Qatar to come close to their valuation. I get the feeling that’s why their valuation is so high because they already know who has the best chance at winning and they know they‘re sitting on a shit ton of money.

So they want potential bids of billions made without actually having your people scour the books?

That story paints a picture of a dramatic auction.

The Glazers :wenger:
It has to be best investment of all time. Not a single penny invested, took money off dividends and then sell it for 10 times more than they originally invested. That too in 17 years. Glazers are the ultimate winner in this

It has to be best investment of all time. Not a single penny invested, took money off dividends and then sell it for 10 times more than they originally invested. That too in 17 years. Glazers are the ultimate winner in this

Around £25m/year dividends for 17 years and then a sale for at least £6 billion. Zero cost.

I can’t imagine how there can be a better deal than that in history, or the future. Feels like it should be illegal.

It’s astonishing to me that so many are so passionate about United in this thread and claim to be die hard fans that wouldn’t support the club if owned by a private Qatar investment group.

The same people who are not willing to even do basic research on the potential new owners of the club and would rather spout xeonophobic nonsense and immediately discredit any mention of even the word Qatar.

If the Qatari’s were to buy the club, I wonder how many will actually follow through with this or just saying it for attention seeking?

If the Qatari’s were to buy the club, I wonder how many will actually follow through with this or just saying it for attention seeking?
Very few will follow through and once we start winning or get the next superstar, most will come back.

The Glazers played within the rules of the game and have done very well. Fortunately United has been big enough to survive their assault. Whoever buys us next, my first wish is for no more smug clueless twats to explain to me why debt Is good because it reduces the owner’s tax bill.

Do you really want a Qatari owner? Should it happen the connotations of oil club will stick.

Ratcliffe seems much more credible in maintaining integrity.

And no, im not some Arsenal fan motivated by self-interest. Believe it or not I support the Kroenkes so long as Josh Kroenke is the figurehead, much more than I ever would some Arabian prince.

If you think you can accept Qatar ownership, and not be tossed in the same pot as Newcastle and Man City, your wrong.

Dont do it. You will regret it in time.

Do you really want a Qatari owner? Should it happen the connotations of oil club will stick.

And no, im not some Arsenal fan motivated by self-interest. Believe it or not I support the Kroenkes so long as Josh Kroenke is the figurehead, much more than I ever would some Arabian prince.

If you think you can accept Qatar ownership, and not be tossed in the same pot as Newcastle and Man City, your wrong.

Bring in Qatar.

No investor will want them at the club. Cant see minority investment in any way. It'd all or nothing.

Don't the Saudis have a majority stake in Newcastle with others having a minority stake?

Sadly it's the times we are in.

Opposing Qatari/UAE/Saudi/Russian ownership of football clubs for the purposes of sportswashing isn't xenophobic. That's the kind of daft thing you get from City fans with nothing better to argue.

I dont see how it's allowed. Couldn't any millionaire buy anything with a leveraged buyout?

I wouldn't stop supporting the club but I'd care alot less, watch less matches and winning would mean less. United wouldn't be an institution that has influence and wealth because of history and a fanbase but a sockpuppet for an authoritarian regime.

:lol:

You Arsenal fans truly are a different breed.

You say that like any of us can actually influence who the Glazers sell to.

They’ll sell to the highest bidder, regardless of who it is and how much money they have. These are people that bought us by borrowing and using us a collateral, remember.

Oh please,‘xenophobia’ comments. Pathetic.

A private Qatari investment group, is tantamount to bring state owned, and the state in question is known for having an extremely questionable human rights record, to put it mildly. You only have to go a few pages back on this very thread to read one caf members experience of coming into contact with the Qatari kafala system. Just say you don’t care about human rights abuses as much as you do about your football team winning, and move on. But don’t accuse people who feel differently of being xenophobic, it’s not the silver bullet in this discussion that you think it is. I would also say far be it from people who don’t even do ‘basic research’, most of the best financial analysis on potential bidders has come from people strongly opposed to state ownership on moral grounds.

Yes thats it yourselves and the rest of the league can start shitting yourselves

Figure keeps changing.. Yesterday it was 5bn. No way they settle for minority ownership and leave 2-3 bn on the table. If someone bids around 5b, glazer time will be over

I think they'll accept something between 4b-5b with. These buggers just want to cash out, they'll pretend to wait for the highest valuation but they'll fold. As long as there's a buyer out there thats not Ineos I think we will be fine.

I think what we are forgetting is that most football fans have the morals of a sewer rat.

If these type of owners bring success to their clubs they won't care if their country slaughtered people in the street on the other side of the world. It doesn't impact their lives so who cares right?

Obviously some folk do care about the bigger picture. I won't walk away from this club either way as I know I simply won't be able to but that's not to say I'd be delighted being a Qatari pawn used to cleanse their global image.

The stuff I have seen from City Newcastle and even some of the English speaking PSG accounts on twitter is Champions League level gaslighting. It's truly remarkable. And we won't be any different. Just watch if it is Qatar that wins the bid.

Football truly has lost its way. Why are we all so desperate to be owned by a part of the world that have almost zero football heritage? We all know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.