Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If what City get punished don't think any new buyer would take the risk of trying any funny business. Difference between us and City is that we have always been able to generate our own money. Why would that need to change. It is more we need a set up that will buy the right players, we seem to be getting that mainly right now as well.
Yep.
It could be the perfect storm.
Owners that want on field success over off field profit.

Yeah for sure. It still boils my piss to think about how the Glazers didnt back us back in 2009 when Ronaldo left. We've got the makings of a CL winning team I think honestly. I'd be okay with the occasional sighting of royalty lording it over sitting in OT if it meant Licha and Marcus and Bruno get to lift the CL:drool:
Truth is.
No matter the owner there's not much we can do.
Better to have someone who wants on field success.

Legally they are

This is the part that doesn't sit right with me. I know its a ln Orientalist cliche but I feel like the Arab royalty have an attitude of , the rules dont matter as long as you pay up.

City getting owners money disguised as sponsorship through creative accounting isn't really a million miles off from pretending PSG and United are owned be "separate " entities both of whom happen to be ultimately controlled by the Emir/royal family of Qatar. Would anyone really be surprised to see an email leak a few years down the line with some Qatari bigwig emailing the PSG management "habibi sell United Mboppi plis we'll wire over some Rials asap"

Don't you find it odd that a big part of your post is pointing to the unreliability of "the media" yet the thing you are using to support your point is a report from "the media"?

Ineos made a public statement of interest. It didn't come from speculation. A company spokesperson went on record and said Ineos was interested. Likewise, my view on how much Ineos would bew willing to pay is formed from a public statement by Ineos last November.

I recognise how off the record briefing works. I am not dismissing the possibility that some Qataris are just waiting to drop £8 billion on Man Utd. However, I have cause to doubt it: The confused nature of the reporting, the various motives people could have for briefing this stuff, the fact that such a large, overpriced bid would have ended this process already. It all makes me question the veracity of this stuff.

So far only one bidder has gone on the record, with attributable quotes. When others do the same I will start to believe this is more than trying to stoke an auction.

Do you believe that all brown people have a similar view to how they spend their money was basically what I was asking? Do people from Scandanavia all spend their money the same way?

Have you dealt directly with the Qatari's who are looking to bid for United?

I gave my experience regarding my interaction with ME billionaires from saudi/qatari royal families. Which represents a far smaller subset of people then the one that you had mentioned

You don't need to get your knickers in a twist Especially since you were the one asking for more information

I think a minority investment is the best outcome.

A full sale will inevitably mean disruption. The team Ten Hag currently works with will be largely disbanded and it'll take a while for the new set up to be constructed. And when it is, there'll be no guarantees it'll be compatible with Ten Hag and his way of working.

I would like to see the existing structures (with incremental improvements) working with Ten Hag for a few years. So in my eyes, a minority investment (which will allow us to begin facility upgrade plans) leading to a full sale in 3/4 years would be perfect.
Hi Mr Glazer, glad you visit us.

This is the part that doesn't sit right with me. I know its a ln Orientalist cliche but I feel like the Arab royalty have an attitude of , the rules dont matter as long as you pay up.

City getting owners money disguised as sponsorship through creative accounting isn't really a million miles off from pretending PSG and United are owned be "separate " entities both of whom happen to be ultimately controlled by the Emir/royal family of Qatar. Would anyone really be surprised to see an email leak a few years down the line with some Qatari bigwig emailing the PSG management "habibi sell United Mboppi plis we'll wire over some Rials asap"

So Arabs are illiterate as well. Nice! Keep ‘em coming

I'm trying to work out if some of the posters here are actually payed by the Glazers or just incredibly good at bad takes.

To be fair their English is better than our Arabic.

I was being sarcastic and shining a light on the stereotyping in the idiot’s post. I’m an Arab.

Ineos made a public statement of interest. It didn't come from speculation. A company spokesperson went on record and said Ineos was interested. Likewise, my view on how much Ineos would bew willing to pay is formed from a public statement by Ineos last November.

I recognise how off the record briefing works. I am not dismissing the possibility that some Qataris are just waiting to drop £8 billion on Man Utd. However, I have cause to doubt it: The confused nature of the reporting, the various motives people could have for briefing this stuff, the fact that such a large, overpriced bid would have ended this process already. It all makes me question the veracity of this stuff.

So far only one bidder has gone on the record, with attributable quotes. When others do the same I will start to believe this is more than trying to stoke an auction.

Look if it's a choice between Ratcliffe and US investors like HBSE and Pagliuca then I would vote for him,however if Qatar are genuinely interested and can get round the PSG thing then I would prefer that. I don't want our most bitter rivals being owned by them will hold my hands up and admit it

So Arabs are illiterate as well. Nice! Keep ‘em coming

Mate I lived in Saudi 18 years, I have a lot of respect for Arab people and whilst I can see why you think I'm mocking their English I was actually just trying to mock the City emails that were leaked that were just so casual and unprofessional and pretty sure it was mostly English/european people sending out those emails. Apologies for any offence I didnt mean to imply Arabs are illiterate

I was being sarcastic and shining a light on the stereotyping in the idiot’s post. I’m an Arab.

Haha I'm not an Arab but I'm pretty much fluent in Arabic myself. You didn't have to call me an idiot :( butI can see where you're coming from. Theres been a lot of outright racist and lazy stereotyping going on in these pages so once again I apologise if you feel I've been discriminatory.

Haha I'm not an Arab but I'm pretty much fluent in Arabic myself. You didn't have to call me an idiot :( butI can see where you're coming from. Theres been a lot of outright racist and lazy stereotyping going on in these pages so once again I apologise if you feel I've been discriminatory.

Mate it’s a battle standing up to it and if I don’t do it then no one will. I can’t let it go unchallenged, people are already way too comfortable with it on here even when they don’t realise it. No worries.

The Guardian writer Jonathan Liew was annyoing on the Sky Sports last night explaining his article, where he says Qatar ownership would take more from United than the Glazers ever have, saying we should be some sort of beacon of light against ownership like this, and take a moral stand, etc.

Now I'm not saying his point is wrong, but the powers that be have stood by and watched us languish away under the Glazers, whilst knowing full well they are robbing us blind, they have also allowed Chelsea to do as they please, and City to run riot, etc.

All any United fan ever wanted was a fair owner who allowed the club to get on without towing a lead weight behind them all the time, but now we need the £1 billion replacing that should have been spent on the infrastructure already just to get back to square one, where do people think this money is coming from? So I can see why morals are going out of the window and the Qatar option is seen as the only way out, even though it gives me a very uneasy feeling, and will probably harm us long term.

The Guardian writer Jonathan Liew was annyoing on the Sky Sports last night explaining his article, where he says Qatar ownership would take more from United than the Glazers ever have, saying we should be some sort of beacon of light against ownership like this, and take a moral stand, etc.

Now I'm not saying his point is wrong, but the powers that be have stood by and watched us languish away under the Glazers, whilst knowing full well they are robbing us blind, they allowed Chelsea to do as they please, and Oil clubs to run riot, etc.

All any United fan ever wanted was a fair owner who allowed the club to get on without towing a lead weight behind them all the time, but now we need the £1 billion replacing that should have been spent on the infrastructure already just to get back to square one, where do people think this money is coming from? So I can see why morals are going out of the window and the Qatar option is seen as the only way out, even though it will probably harm us long term.
It would suit them perfectly to watch us suffer so they can keep indulging in our misery. They just don’t want us being successful again. For anyone that wasn’t a Utd fan in the 90s/00s it was a painful time. Don’t trust any of these people when they come out with those type of arguments.

It would suit them perfectly to watch us suffer so they can keep indulging in our misery. They just don’t want us being successful again. For anyone that wasn’t a Utd fan in the 90s/00s it was a painful time. Don’t trust any of these people when they come out with those type of arguments.

Yeah be different story if the scousers were the ones,just admit it Johnathan Fergie ruined your childhood as well much like many

On the role of "Arab," money:
Of interest there may be some merit in explaining how such money NOT leaving the UK after Speculators ran amok on the currency Pound Sterling on what was known as Black Wednesday in the early 90s.

Had they pulled their so called "Arab Money," out at that time, the UK currency and economy would have been unrecognizably horrific.

Look if it's a choice between Ratcliffe and US investors like HBSE and Pagliuca then I would vote for him,however if Qatar are genuinely interested and can get round the PSG thing then I would prefer that. I don't want our most bitter rivals being owned by them will hold my hands up and admit it

I am not even talking about preference. I am just going off of what has been stated on the record. I saw a report earlier this week even linking Singaporean interest with United. Sounded like pure BS.

At the moment it just feels like names being drawn out of a hat. With various sports writers reporting various things.

Now maybe these things are all true? However, you would have to ask why many of these journalists have not run anything on Qatar before. Especially if their sources are so good they know what the Emir is thinking?

I can imagine that people on the United end could be feeding these pieces to journalists. However, if they are, then you have to ask yourself why they might be doing that? Rather than take it at face value.

Maybe we get to next week and a Qatari consortium has emerged. However, the reporting around this is all very odd.

Gulf business people are not idiots. The idea that a handful of them are scrambling about at the 11th hour trying to figure out a workable structure for buying United? Yeah, gotta admit, it smells off to me.

As I understand it, when people from the Gulf come to the table they come with an offer and their end is handled. Having known, for months, what it would take, I find it a bit implausible to believe they are only now trying to get their ducks in a row.

If we get bought by the Qataris and become like PSG and City it'll be goodnight to my support for United.

There's no contest left if the main reason you win is endless amounts of money. It's just pointless.

In fact the more I think about that Jonathan Liew article/sky pundit thing, the more it winds me up.

The Glazers have pillaged us for 18 years now, but because we are such a massive club we have still remained pretty much in there in most seasons, still got massive sponsorship deals, and still have a massive amount of fans, so the Glazers think they can now get a stupid amount for us after they have bled us dry.

Who do these journos think is going to be there to pay this sort of money, take on the debt, and foot the cost of a new stadium and training ground? It's not going to be Mary Poppins is it, it's going to grubby money, more unpalatable debt laden money, or no one.

If we get bought by the Qataris and become like PSG and City it'll be goodnight to my support for United.

There's no contest left if the main reason you win is endless amounts of money. It's just pointless.

City and PSG champions league dominance is so annoying.

Well that wouldn't be the case for us given how we've already spent as much as anyone in Europe this passed decade without much to show for it.

If we win under a Qatari ownership it won't be because of endless money, it'll be because they've provided a good enough club structure conducive to winning again along with hiring the best people for the job in said structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.