Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that wouldn't be the case for us given how we've already spent as much as anyone in Europe this passed decade without much to show for it.

If we win under a Qatari ownership it won't be because of endless money, it'll be because they've provided a good enough club structure conducive to winning again along with hiring the best people for the job in said structure.

Exactly only need to look at City who first qualified for Champions League in 2011 and still haven't won it despite unlimited sums of money. Then there is PSG who again have had ME ownership for a while now and still not won it either.

In fact the more I think about that Jonathan Liew article/sky pundit thing, the more it winds me up.

The Glazers have pillaged us for 18 years now, but because we are such a massive club we have still remained pretty much in there in most seasons, still got massive sponsorship deals, and still have a massive amount of fans, so the Glazers think they can now get a stupid amount for us after they have bled us dry.

Who do these journos think is going to be there to pay this sort of money, take on the debt, and foot the cost of a new stadium and training ground? It's not going to be Mary Poppins is it, it's going to grubby money, more unpalatable debt laden money, or no one.
More than the Glazers, it's cnuts like this guy and that idiot with a malformed brain Jenas that piss me off.

The Glazers are cnuts, behave as such and are absolutely unabashed by it. While these clowns try to lecture us when the PL and the rest of the teams in the league have stood aside and seen an institution stripped to its bare bones, just so they can laugh at us and profit from our demise.

feck them and bring on the Qatari money, so they keep crying in their cornflakes.

Well that wouldn't be the case for us given how we've already spent as much as anyone in Europe this passed decade without much to show for it.

If we win under a Qatari ownership it won't be because of endless money, it'll be because they've provided a good enough club structure conducive to winning again along with hiring the best people for the job in said structure.

This

Yep.

The main thing we'd want from them, financially, is to invest into 2 stadiums and the training ground. Even create "Manchester United village!"

You'd hope so but you can see how many behind the back deals City have done to inflate their earnings and thus spend a crap load since 2008.

If we maintain the same level of spending as current and say have the Qataris fund development of Old Trafford / the surrounding area, that I could see work. But given the financial power of PSG and how much ridiculous cash they throw around, I doubt they'd be content to settle for anything less than first. We'd very likely go on a big spending spree, which makes the resulting higher placed finishes a bit pointless.

It is what it is and I'm sure many will be fine with that, just for me personally it wouldn't be worth it. A bit of a state of affairs when the American model of sports in say the NFL would actually start to look attractive.

You'd hope so but you can see how many behind the back deals City have done to inflate their earnings and thus spend a crap load since 2008.

If we maintain the same level of spending as current and say have the Qataris fund development of Old Trafford / the surrounding area, that I could see work. But given the financial power of PSG and how much ridiculous cash they throw around, I doubt they'd be content to settle for anything less than first. We'd very likely go on a big spending spree, which makes the resulting higher placed finishes a bit pointless.

It is what it is and I'm sure many will be fine with that, just for me personally it wouldn't be worth it. A bit of a state of affairs when the American model of sports in say the NFL would actually start to look attractive.
We don't need the behind the back deals, we have fan base and history. The likes of City and PSG had to create that.

Exactly only need to look at City who first qualified for Champions League in 2011 and still haven't won it despite unlimited sums of money. Then there is PSG who again have had ME ownership for a while now and still not won it either.

It's a minor miracle that City haven't won it yet though. They had one hand on the trophy in each of the last two years and somehow managed to blow it. Easily could've won it in the years they were knocked out by Lyon and Spurs too.

PSG could've won it too but in fairness they are constrained by the lack of competitiveness in Ligue 1. I always feel it holds them back.

With the new FFP rules, it's going to be a lot harder to go on insane Mbappe-like deals. Due to our huge revenue we'll still be able to spend huge, but we won't dwarf our competition. The biggest thing about this is for the club to have its shackles removed from the debt and the facilities.

holy shite. Is that more than Newcastle ?
If you equate Newcastle with the suadi royal family than technically no but the Qatar are far more profligate with their money, comes with having to run a miniscule country compared to their neighbors.

If we get bought by the Qataris and become like PSG and City it'll be goodnight to my support for United.

There's no contest left if the main reason you win is endless amounts of money. It's just pointless.

We've spent more than anyone. Money has never been an issue (until now), its the idiots upstairs and the fact that the Glazers dont care what happens on the pitch.

I hear you but I really don't think it would be necessary given the stature of a club like United. They had to artificially inflate earnings and the brand with those 2 given that they were relative newcomers to the big club scene before they were bought. They were on a different playing field and had to catch up to the big boys.

They weren't the cultural and commercial behemoth that Manchester United is so any new ownership group would already have the benefit of a headstart of sorts given there would be zero need to build/pump the club up from nothing. We're already self sufficient as it is. The sponsorships and endorsements wouldn't ever need to be fraudulent given the very lucrative partnerships the club already has and can command consistently due to the strength of the brand.

Taking over a top 3 biggest club in the world is very different to taking over a less heralded club in view of building them up. Shady backroom dealings would never be needed for commercial reasons.

If we get bought by the Qataris and become like PSG and City it'll be goodnight to my support for United.

There's no contest left if the main reason you win is endless amounts of money. It's just pointless.
FFP Prevents that.
Support the club - Hate the owners.

Is it any different to how you feel now?

FFP Prevents that.
Support the club - Hate the owners.

Is it any different to how you feel now?
'Hate' is even too strong, I get really passionate about the club and its results, but I have some perspective. It's not life and death and human decency.

But to answer the question, yes it is different. I can only dislike the Glazers for being so inept at managing the club. Qatar I dislike for the abuses they systematically perpetrate against foreign workers in their country, as well as the suppression of womens' rights. Meanwhile they attempt to buy some form of clout or prestige or admiration, with these acts of buying football clubs, "buying" the World Cup through corruption. My feelings from that are the opposite of admiration. So again, yes it is different.

Can you imagine the dodgy transfer deals between Man Utd and PSG if the Qatari bloke buys us. Also, will Bruno have to put on that dressing gown to lift the league cup?

It’s so annoying how all of a sudden all these journalists, fans of other clubs and groups have a problem with investment from the ME now that it’s United. When it was Chelsea under Roman, then City and recently Newcastle (I have not forgotten how many people were saying Newcastle ‘deserved’ rich owners) it was not an issue, but because it’s United all of a sudden the moral fiber is decaying and it’s the end of all the good things we stand for. All the while no one said anything as the Glazers ran the club in a way that no other country in the club was run.

Difference is that Bayern and Madrid play in league's where... there's no real competition to their hegemony (aside from Barcelona in Madrid's case). They have the luxury of picking the best talents of their respective leagues and dominating it financially. We're not that fortunate, are we? And quite frankly, I don't even want it for I cannot understand what joy Bayern fans derive from their team winning in such a league. It seems pointless.

Real hasn't picked the best players from La Liga for many years, neither Benzema, Ronaldo,Modric,Bale,Varane,Casemiro,Vinicius,Valverde,Camavinga, Kroos, etc played in other spanish clubs before joining Real.

As reported by the Guardian and confirmed by RMC Sport, the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani, could buy Man United, while owning PSG. In any case, that is his ambition. Each club would be controlled by a separate entity.

With the new FFP rules, it's going to be a lot harder to go on insane Mbappe-like deals. Due to our huge revenue we'll still be able to spend huge, but we won't dwarf our competition. The biggest thing about this is for the club to have its shackles removed from the debt and the facilities.

Yeah and think that's a good thing because it means even with mega rich owners (IF we get them) you still have to work hard to win things

@MikeKeegan

Manchester United sale:
- Full speed ahead for Qatar
- Those involved working around the clock
- Bids will be in shape of one paragraph (with proof of funds)
- Preferred parties then given full access to United financials for deep dive

That's a club on autopilot throwing money at problems. If you have oil money, you basically have the best around controlling day to day operations. You wouldnt have a Chief executive in charge of sponsorships and signings. You'd have a major day to day infrastructure. Spending money isnt simply about transfer fees. Its about building a foundation around making sure we have the squad to be favourites in every game we play.

Keegan going all in with the Qatar story whilst others are saying a minority bid will be made

Interesting times

Ten Hag has probably done better than the Glazers were expecting him to, which could be why they're leaning more towards a minority stake. I think if Qatar come in with a bid they won't be able to refuse it though.

Would anyone really be surprised to see an email leak a few years down the line with some Qatari bigwig emailing the PSG management "habibi sell United Mboppi plis we'll wire over some Rials asap"

The stuff you guys are getting away with in this thread is crazy.

edit - you've apparently apologised. still crazy.

Exactly this.

This.

And what are the reasons? I think overpaid players aren’t going to win you feck all.

We don't need the behind the back deals, we have fan base and history. The likes of City and PSG had to create that.

This is what I don't get with so many here. City wanted to allegedly cheat because they didn't want to wait and organically grow the club. They wanted to turbo charge it's growth, status and fan base.
United is already there. Though signs of decline is there for all to see.

For any investor they know they just need to ensure its managed properly, improve the infrastructure and remove any financial drag that's been slowly killing the club.
That's what makes it an attractive proposition, not from a financial project but as a ownership proposition. Status.

Does Mike Keegan have any background on being reliable for this sort of thing?

I know he’s a complete bluffer on transfers so I assumed he would be here but I guess he was first to mention Qatar which was then followed by everyone else…

Status
Not open for further replies.