Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be a clear divide on the Qatari subject. I do feel as though the story about them looking to invest around 10% in an epl club has been floating around longer.

Necks are well and truly on the line with certain journalists.

Yeah but with respect, the amount real paid for those 3 in one summer will probably be less than the package to get Mbappe. Love him as a player but couldn’t imagine getting him for less than 200m. That’s just crazy
I wouldn’t buy into that regardless of who our owners are

doubtful once you take inflation into account

Yeah but with respect, the amount real paid for those 3 in one summer will probably be less than the package to get Mbappe. Love him as a player but couldn’t imagine getting him for less than 200m. That’s just crazy

Not relatively speaking. Ronaldo alone would have been an equivalent deal to any Mbappe one - he smashed the world record by about £30m, a record which they only smashed themselves a few weeks earlier on Kaka. Benzema at £30m also had, at that time, probably less than 10 more expensive transfers in the world. When that summer was completed, they had broken the world record twice. It was bigger spending than buying Mbappe.

And even then - someone has to buy Mbappe. He has a year left on his deal, if he wants to leave, he has to play somewhere. There's been a lot of talk of Liverpool. If they bought him what will everyone say? Or if they bought Bellingham for £120m? This isn't oil money, it's just a big club acting like a big club.

Nobody would call that shifting of commodities between 2 sister clubs an aquisition, either.

Nope, it would be a top player joining the biggest club in the biggest league. Nothing remotely 'suspicious' about it.

Could be rehashing but the story of separate entities is getting leaked out now

Where were these quotes from Amnesty UK when city and Newcastle were being taken over

Where were they in 1932 for the Munich Olympics!!! ;)

The problem is everyone has blood on their hands. Ratcliffe is a Brexiteer, a tax-dodging fracker, whose businesses are killing the environment that will impact generations to come.

Ironically it's the Glazers who don't seem to have such accusations labelled on them as human rights abusers, environmental frackerist etc.

In all honesty 200m would be cheap for Mbappe. He's a far better footballer than Ronaldo ever was, and Ronaldo cost 80m back in 2009 + that was seen as cheap in retrospect!

In today's market where Enzo and Grealish are fetching 100m, Mbappe's true value is probably somewhere in the region of 300m.

Where were they in 1932 for the Munich Olympics!!! ;)

The problem is everyone has blood on their hands. Ratcliffe is a Brexiteer, a tax-dodging fracker, whose businesses are killing the environment that will impact generations to come
The false equivalences being drawn on this topic are amazing.

Nope, it would be a top player joining the biggest club in the biggest league. Nothing remotely 'suspicious' about it.

This post is presented to you by the Qatar Ministry of PR. Thread's a true gold mine already:lol:

It’s a private fund.
There’s a degree of scepticism around funds and entities like that, the suggestion being that even if it is, to all intents and purposes, structured as a separate entity, it is essentially a vehicle for control by the state and the monies held in the fund and the freedom to use them requires external approval.

How true that is, I have no idea.

There’s a degree of scepticism around funds and entities like that, the suggestion being that even if it is, to all intents and purposes, structured as a separate entity, it is essentially a vehicle for control by the state and the monies held in the fund and the freedom to use them requires external approval.

I think this is the case

Mike Keegan and Ben Jacobs are very confident this is what it is though, of course in the background there will be government links etc but on paper it’s not linked to their official funds.

QSI vs QIA

Foh-_oOXoAEI5wq

In all honesty 200m would be cheap for Mbappe. He's a far better footballer than Ronaldo ever was, and Ronaldo cost 80m back in 2009 + that was seen as cheap in retrospect!

In today's market where Enzo and Grealish are fetching 100m, Mbappe's true value is probably somewhere in the region of 300m.
Yeah I get that, I’m just worried where it all stops once that barrier is broken. Then you really are reliant on having a super rich owner to compete

Yeah. It could be possible that QSI/QIA buy 10% in the club, and the remaining 90% from private individuals from Qatar, alongside David Beckham.

I could get onboard with that,whenever I hear minority stake it always screams Glazers staying

At this stage, I'm yet to be convinced of interest in a full takeover from Qatar. I think Sky and the Associated Press probably have it right (Qatar only interested in a minority investment and any investment would come from QIA/QSI). The Telegraph also seem pretty suspicions of the information from Raine and have chosen to go with "mystery Arabic group" rather than give the Qatar link any real credence. As I said, games are afoot and it's hard to believe much of what you read. All will be revealed in the next month or so, though. I still think a US consortium of some kind are most likely to emerge as the front runners.

Ugh kindly feck off US consortiums

Status
Not open for further replies.