Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Fab ain't denying it, though feels like he hasn't had an exclusive in a year :lol:

Just pretend you are marrying a rich old fat guy fan. Just close your eyes and don’t worry until your card gets declined!!

They will learn from every mistake that City made. This whole process is about projecting a good image of Qatar remember.

If it comes off, you can jump city & scouse whilst they are in limbo.

Never thought I'd want us to get pumped every game 4-0 like I do City and Newcastle but alas perhaps this is the end of the journey as a fan.

Never thought I'd want us to get pumped every game 4-0 like I do City and Newcastle but alas perhaps this is the end of the journey as a fan.

Cya!

Let’s keep paying millions in debt repayments to those American leaches that way you can justify being a fan?

Cya!

Let’s keep paying millions in debt repayments to those American leaches that way you can justify being a fan?

There is a middle ground between a leveraged buyout and this.

I really hope we don't end up with American owners. Sounds like if it isn't Qatari owners it will be Americans. I only see either a Todd Boehly or Glazers scenario in that case, both of which would completely destroy our progress imo.

I know the Qataris have spent a shit load in the transfer market at PSG but what has their investment in infrastructure been like? it seems like PSG have lost quite a few talented youngsters in the last few years which suggests their academy is doing well producing players even if the route to first team football for them isn't great. I'm more interested in what potential buyers have planned off the pitch for the club than any war chests they might give us.

But these are not simply 'tyrants' we are talking about. We are talking about a sovereign state. A recognised one, even if some would try their hardest to not acknowledge their validity.

I am not excusing the atrocities you speak of. I am refuting the insinuation that any subsequent act that is NOT an atrocity is merely an attempt to 'cover up' the atrocities in the first place. Again, this is a sovereign nation state. Not some celebrity or corporation. The complexity and amount of facets to their existence is being severely belittled in favour of a narrow and myopic definition of 'evil doers'. When you start to look at them as an actual nation, the way we look at nations in the West, their deeds do not necessarily have to define them in the same way. This is a country, a 'PR exercise' is massively simplistic, this isn't Mason Greenwood.

The issue I have is the throwing around of the term 'sportswashing' any time an ME state tries to do anything OTHER than behead someone or ban homosexuality is to not acknowledge their credibility as a nation. My argument is that many in the west are too lazy to see them as anything other than 'those barbarians who do x and y', and it would likely be more convenient when the mental imagery of such places were as depicted in movies like Delta Force, with little other than desert land and men in traditional attire in Land Cruisers wielding AK-47s. The fact that the imagery has changed to what would be considered more 'normal' things - leisure, tourism, world-class medicine, architecture and of course - sport is not simply because someone wants to trick everyone into not labelling them as homphobic. It is because all countries would like world class facilities, tourism revenue etc. Not just western ones. Only in Qatar they don't allow you to be gay or drunk while doing it. Which is a valid point to disagree with, my issue is that everything else doesn't start from that position. They are simply developing their countries in the same way Israel has done so post WW2, South Africa has been doing post-apartheid and many others. They are doing it for the betterment of their people. Not for western approval.

The US, for example, is probably the only western state that allows people to simply purchase guns and use them. Unlike the UK and most (all) other western states, their state also kills people. They have a death penalty which others don't. I could list so many more things that the rest of us don't approve of but their actions will never be perceived from the starting position of those things. Perhaps because we have agreed to recognise them as real people and a real country. So as much as I abhor their gun laws, I still go there at least once a year, and I don't view every new attraction in Las Vegas as no more than an attempt to distract from the fact that they have a death penalty. It's just one of their things I disagree with, and there are things that I like. All I am saying is that as a nation, Qatar has the right to be viewed the same. 'Sportswashing', in that respect, I find highly condescending because it would be never be used of a Western State in this day and age regardless of probably anything else they chose to do. So this is not me validating any Qatari practise, it is me taking an objection to the inference that any subsequent act is nothing more than PR. A nation can do both good and bad things. Most of them do.
Take a bow son. Cracking post.

I know the Qataris have spent a shit load in the transfer market at PSG but what has their investment in infrastructure been like? it seems like PSG have lost quite a few talented youngsters in the last few years which suggests their academy is doing well producing players even if the route to first team football for them isn't great. I'm more interested in what potential buyers have planned off the pitch for the club than any war chests they might give us.
They've turned PSG's academy into one of the best in Europe, they're a legitimate talent factory now. Something that wasn't the case prior to the massive investment from QSI.

They've also spared no expense in regards to maintaining first rate facilities and hiring quality at all levels of the club. The modernization potential with someone like them buying the club is what would interest me much more than fat transfer kitty's.

We don't really need an awful lot of investment squad wise to get where we want to under the current coaching set-up in my eyes. It's everything else off the pitch infrastructure wise that we need to catch up with the rest of the elite with.

It makes perfect sense, the logic buyers from the Middle East are going to lavish fortunes they don’t need to makes no sense. There is also the fact that any bid from the Middle East will be complicated by ties to the state either directly or indirectly and probably ownership of other clubs.

The most likely scenario is all the bids will be fairly similar in value and a huge factor will be how likely the bid is to go through if it’s accepted.

A US bid backed by known equity funds etc is going to sail through in comparison to a bid from Qatar.

Known equity funds equals Glazers 2

They've turned PSG's academy into one of the best in Europe, they're a legitimate talent factory now. Something that wasn't the case prior to the massive investment from QSI.

They've also spared no expense in regards to maintaining first rate facilities and hiring quality at all levels of the club. The modernization potential with someone like them buying the club is what would interest me much more than fat transfer kitty's.
Thanks, seems like they could really boost the club in that regard as much as anything, going to be interesting to see what other parties come to the table in the coming weeks.

PSG are owned by Qatar Sports Investment (QSI), who would not be able to acquire anything more than a minority stake in United. But QSI is in turn funded by QIA and if another company under the QIA umbrella, say the Qatar National Bank, were to make a bid it is possible the same restrictions would not apply. These would be difficult considerations for Uefa and its Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) to make. A possible precedent can be found in the decision to allow Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig to both play in the 2017-18 Champions League. Both sides are owned by the energy drink manufacturer, Red Bull GmbH, and Uefa investigators found the company exerted a strong influence over both clubs. However, the CFCB found there was not enough grounds to believe there was influence running between the two clubs after certain members of staff linked to Red Bull and loan arrangements between the teams had been removed.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...could-qatari-investors-realistically-buy-club

Not fully, there’s still regulators involved who could stop the deal from happening. I can’t see the Premier League being keen on Qataris buying United
Why? It only adds to the financial strength of the league and thus its appeal worldwide. The EPL had zero issues with the Saudi’s on moral grounds - it was a privacy media rights issue - once that got resolved everything was fine.

have you finally recovered from climbing that sloped pitch they used to play on?

Ha, I used to weirdly like Underhill - maybe as it was easier to get to. My favourite memory was hearing Edgar David's literally insult the life out of a linesman for giving a throw in the other way, surreal moment

The only positive thing from this piece of news is that Liverpool fans will possibly be livid if we are brought by a ME big wig. They at this point do not have any interest from anyone to buy the club. Must be grating for them.

They'll get their chance, but currently they'll have to get in line, it's not often the crown jewels of English football are up for sale.

Not fully, there’s still regulators involved who could stop the deal from happening. I can’t see the Premier League being keen on Qataris buying United
This will form a a key part of the work that Raine will carry out - any bids from prospective buyers in the first round will be vetted by Raine to ensure they meet what will be a very strict and tight set of conditions (which will include any PL or regulatory requirements).

If this sale fails to materialise or falls apart at the final hurdle, there will be significant impacts for the Glazers on any future sale and in the more immediate term; the clubs share price would likely drop almost immediately.

I would assume Raine will already be having informal discussions to help smooth the process about what exactly is required. They need this process to be as smooth as possible and I think it will be.

If the Qatar interest is real and materialises into a confirmed bid, then it's hard to see past them being the new owners in time for the summer as was outlined previously.

Yet another version of the story and, actually, the one we heard before last night's flurry of claims.
Probably just a way to buy the club in the short term and get around the UEFA issue, gain full control in time etc.

Stop wasting our time then and feck off.

I thought everything was suggesting the bidders were very clearly not QSI? Any other similar reports apart from this guy because he seems to be saying something completely contrary to all the others

So the Qatar takeover stuff lasted less than 24 hours…

Got quite a bit of stick last night when I called bullshit on it. Common sense said it was never a thing

I thought everything was suggesting the bidders were very clearly not QSI? Any other similar reports apart from this guy because he seems to be saying something completely contrary to all the others

Hate to say this but he's followed by Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.