Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ineos. It’s common sense

Wait what? What makes you think Ineos is bidding any higher than 4bn? Its absolutely mental to think that Ineos have even half a chance. They wont even be in the Top 3.

Glazers are selling to the highest bidder. Its looking to be 5 or 6bn. Ineos are nowhere near it.

Wait what? What makes you think Ineos is bidding any higher than 4bn? Its absolutely mental to think that Ineos have even half a chance. They wont even be in the Top 3.

Glazers are selling to the highest bidder. Its looking to be 5 or 6bn. Ineos are nowhere near it.
Ineos are loaded and will likely be backed financially by another party. Thanks

…. Because he isn’t saying what you want to hear?!

Because more reputable sources have confirmed Qatari interest. You'd think the Qatari would have considered something like this before registering any interest.

And yes, because if the Qatari are ruled out, it leaves only Americans. Another American ownership spells the definitive end of Manchester United as an elite football club.

I decided to stop reading the news about the takeover since you are going to hear so much bull but surely the Qatar bid can't be allowed happen If they own PSG?

Or is it a different group entirely?

I'm still calling it now, Dubai will buy the football club

When none of the big hitters followed Keegan's exclusive it became apparent it wasn't as close as he was reporting.

I decided to stop reading the news about the takeover since you are going to hear so much bull but surely the Qatar bid can't be allowed happen If they own PSG?

Well seemed to be suggested earlier from strong sources earlier in the day that they were expecting bid from Qatari private investors,however that tweet from press guy tonight doesn't reference it

When none of the big hitters followed Keegan's exclusive it became apparent it wasn't as close as he was reporting.
He seems the type to double down on his reporting even when the sink is shipping. Expect another exclusive tonight.

All suggestions are that it's a separate investor/s from within Qatar, not QSI who own PSG. For example, there is a Qatari owner of Malaga in La Liga and it hasn't caused any problems.

Surely the thread title needs to be updated? Many credible journalists have now confirmed interest from Qatar.

Can you bet your account on it please? :angel:

That way, when it is a foreign takeover, you wont have to moan about it :)
I won’t moan about it. I accept any owner who’ll do right for the club

Ineos is my slight preference when I weigh it all up but there is no perfect owner, unless it’s me.

I think they'll be looking for returns on their investment in that case, rather than primarily setting up a sportwashing machine.

Well we don't want to be used for this really anyway do we, but having a big hitter as part of consortium can't be bad given we need a fortune spending on us.

If the return for them is building what we need, making us successful, and then selling us on for a profit in 10 years or so, then I don't see the issue.

Well we don't want to be used for this really anyway do we, but having a big hitter as part of consortium can't be bad given we need a fortune spending on us.

If the return for them is building what we need, making us successful, and then selling us on for a profit in 10 years or so, then I don't see the issue.

Yeah very true

No I agree. I can't stop supporting United, and I won't because my position is now, and has been for some time, that football is a circus that sold its soul a long time ago.

Having said that, the experience is still much the same regardless. I've been to many games and yet I still can't wait to get to Old Trafford tonight. I don't see that suddenly stopping because someone else is signing the cheques

Enjoy the game. Would love to be there tonight.

Shocking it didn't even make TV

I'm not sure why so many people are panicking because of that report from the PA. QSI are NOT the one's launching the actual bid that has been widely reported on, it is a private bid launched from within Qatar but with links to them. So going off the PA report, it seems QSI would be interested in a minority stake which could be tied to the private bid coming from within the same country. It's just a clever way for getting around the links to PSG which they reportedly still seem committed to.

Was expected. I don't see them owning PSG and United. Owning two teams at different levels with different expectations is one thing, owning two major clubs who are competing for the same international trophies is another.

I'm not sure why so many people are panicking because of that report from the PA. QSI are NOT the one's launching the actual bid that has been widely reported on, it is a private bid launched from within Qatar but with links to them. So going off the PA report, it seems QSI would be interested in a minority stake which could be tied to the private bid coming from within the same country. It's just a clever way for getting around the links to PSG which they reportedly still seem committed to.

This

This is what I'm trying to workout.

Crafton alludes to this in his tweet that it won't be QSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.