Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article on sky is either worded poorly or I'm not understanding it properly. It says he's buying 25% A Class shares and 25% of Glazer's B Class shares.
That's right, reportedly he's buying 25% of the c.31% of A class shares and 25% of the c.69% of the B class shares to give himself 25% of the total shares proportionately split between A and B shares. It was the way to get round the potential legal issues with the class A shareholders if they hadn't got equal value for their shares as part of this deal.

And what IF this has all been papertalk and Ratcliffe wants no control?
What interest would Ratcliffe have in owning only 25% of the club with no say in things? For the $5m dividends per year? He wants to be seen as in charge. If he can't buy the full club now without paying through the nose, he will buy 25% if he has acceptance to be seen as running things.

This happens in other business all the time, someone owns the majority as more of a silent partner, while others operate the business day to day and make decisions that makes the silent majority more money.

What interest would Ratcliffe have in owning only 25% of the club with no say in things? For the $5m dividends per year? He wants to be seen as in charge. If he can't buy the full club now without paying through the nose, he will buy 25% if he has acceptance to be seen as running things.

This happens in other business all the time, someone owns the majority as more of a silent partner, while others operate the business day to day and make decisions that makes the silent majority more money.
For show? Hey I own part of my boyhood club, look at me! This also happens in business, so i will believe it when i see it

" Reports have suggested that Ineos will take immediate control of the playing side of the club, where pressure is mounting on the men's first team coach, Erik Ten Hag, amid a stuttering European campaign and the team's latest Premier League defeat at the weekend."

He states reports. So no confirmation from him at all, purely stating that is what others are saying.

"Neither Sir Jim nor Sir Dave Brailsford, the former cycling supremo who heads Ineos's sporting operations, is expected to join the club's public company board."

Glazers forever then. That's what everyone has been cheering and desperate for? I can't see this deal happening, I really can't because it stinks and solves no issues at all. Glazers need to be removed entirely so either sell it all now or let it rot until there's no value left in it and they're forced to give it up for nothing. I'll take relegation if it meant the Glazers ultimately left. Enough is enough because 25% isn't solving anything even if it means somehow that Ratcliffe takes full control within the next decade because during that time everyone else is investing, building towards the future and we're going to be even further behind requiring massively unrealistic levels of investment that the Utd we've grown up with will be a distant, fast fading memory. That family has destroyed the club and seemingly, if this deal does go through - Ratcliffe would have helped them achieve it.

For show? Hey I own part of my boyhood club, look at me! This also happens in business, so i will believe it when i see it
Doubt it - think he is smarter than that. If you cant make a significant decision on your own then what's the point ?

Think that's the reason why the announcement is delayed.

So, not next week then.

And still not a word of any eventual takeover whatsoever. :)

I firmly maintain Ratcliffe is not the saviour this place thinks he is.

Who has even said this? People just want it done and at least some attempt at change.

And what IF this has all been papertalk and Ratcliffe wants no control?
But why would a successful Billionaire businessman and lifelong Man Utd fan wants to put in a ridiculous amount of his own cash just for shits and giggles?

He will have done all the legal stuff necessary - Jim and his two partners will want to run stuff. Not a chance he’s going to give the Glazers money for zero return.

So, not next week then.

It is a change where somebody is coming in and demanding to have sporting control, a thing the Glazers actually don't want anyway. Who knows what he will be. But you can be damn sure that alone is a huge positive.

Why do we post Ben Jacobs tweets when he has repeatedly shown he doesn't have any information of his own and just reposts others stuff and tries to make it sound like he does have info?
We post muppetiers who are worse. There's no rules in this thread it's the wild west!

So, not next week then.

I don’t think anyone truly believes Ratcliffe is “the saviour”.

This club is in a mess and will continue to be until the Glazers go, which could be decades away.

This club is done, short to mid term.

We post muppetiers who are worse. There's no rules in this thread it's the wild west!
I'd say muppetiers are better in that they at least get like a 1-2 hour notice to media announcements/lineups. Jacobs doesn't even have that.

I'd say muppetiers are better in that they at least get like a 1-2 hour notice to media announcements/lineups. Jacobs doesn't even have that.
Not sure about this. I've asked for examples and got nothing.

Then I proved in one exclusive they had, that they were rehashing news from your favorite, Ben Jacobs 24 hrs later.

Mate, the “Muppetiers” is one American kid who lives with mom and makes it up as he goes along. Sometimes, his fellow drinking partner and the man no-one can understand; Pilib De Brown, joins him for regular made up BS they get from other news outlets.

Mate, the “Muppetiers” is one American kid who lives with mom and makes it up as he goes along. Sometimes, his fellow drinking partner and the man no-one can understand; Pilib De Brown, joins him for regular made up BS they get from other news outlets.
This so obviously true and it's astounding how many buy into his shite.

This so obviously true and it's astounding how many buy into his shite.
I find it hilarious. Muppetiers started off as a sub Reddit and they were shown time and time again that they’re full of shit.

Hasn’t that guy got a Patreon and actual real people donate him real money for news? No wonder he keeps the act going. Embarrassing stuff really.

How old are you if he’s a “kid” :lol:

I find it hilarious. Muppetiers started off as a sub Reddit and they were shown time and time again that they’re full of shit.

Hasn’t that guy got a Patreon and actual real people donate him real money for news? No wonder he keeps the act going. Embarrassing stuff really.
Yes re the subreddit. There was an outstanding level of BS.

Also quite sad about people paying him. We are in the wrong job :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.