Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Brailsford
Blanc
Paul Mitchell

This has been where the noise is prior to this week. Now there are others mentioned instead of Paul Mitchell as Director of football. He's the one I would personally want, but could understand that Ratcliffe could be getting pushback from Glazers because of his links to Ralf Rangnick possibly.

I don't see the Glazers wanting to hear "open heart surgery" again.

This could be why Dougie Freedman is being mentioned all of a sudden?
Haha no no, it’s Paul, the rest is just paper nonsense.

It wouldn’t be a good start to be seen to have appointed a guy without assessing all candidates properly. Even if it is done for optics.

Why is it that so many posters fail time & again to talk about the SJR deal on its merits without labelling fellow fans with Jassim. I personally couldn’t care less about Jassim, didn’t win the bid - move on but anybody labelling a partial owner willing to put their own cash in as amazing. Really needs to give their head a wobble.

Of the options mentioned in their press release a year ago had you told the fans we’d end up with someone financing a further Glazer stay there’d have been uproar.

Jassim is gone. Time to back this amazing deal on its own merits, absolutely 0 evidence in the public sphere to show this will lead to majority ownership. . . Amazing indeed.

This deal is a minor upgrade on what we have, those questioning it aren’t all [enter Jassim criticism here], grow up.

because they spent the last year sucking on his pee pee

Well, this sucks.

The club needs owners that would allow to bring in Mbappe and Bellingham in a single window, not owners that will just enforce some order. The club needs to spend more to compete. Way more.

Why has Arnold been axed but Murtough is still in place? Surely he's as guilty when it comes to the football side of it?

Everything is still on a 'knife edge'; with seemingly most supporters wanting the Glazers gone completely, some bemoaning that Qatar is not taking over and others wondering what sort of job Jim Ratcliffe will make of it.

Meanwhile at pitch level; ETH is struggling with injuries and to reign-in would be 'prima donnas', hearing perhaps growing rumour's that a few of his 'new boys' are wondering if they made a mistake coming to OT, and the game plan he was intending to develop and run with this year, through signings like Mount and Hojlund, now almost in tatters.

From 'top to toe' we seem to be in a mess, lets hope Sir Jim's involvement will allow him to punch above his weight on everything from board room down, to putting his 'boot in' where necessary, his arm around the shoulder, where needed.

Seems strange that the actual NYSE share price is still languishing around $18 if a $33 deal is close

Or the Class A shareholders are getting royally shafted as the Glazers sell their Class B at $33 and they get nothing

Why has Arnold been axed but Murtough is still in place? Surely he's as guilty when it comes to the football side of it?

Arnold was probably too pissed off to follow their process and wanted to down tools and leave asap.

Seems strange that the actual NYSE share price is still languishing around $18 if a $33 deal is close

Or the Class A shareholders are getting royally shafted as the Glazers sell their Class B at $33 and they get nothing

This is the case, yes. Surely nobody is shocked?

isn’t all the talk about him likely being a goner too?

I hope we keep him. The fanbase needs a lightning rod for criticism while everything gets put in place or the new guys will slaughtered straight out of the gate. Although maybe just keeping Darren Fletcher on will be enough.

This is the case, yes. Surely nobody is shocked?

Well it's what I've assumed is happening all along but other outlets have been reporting that SJR will buy a combo of Class A & B shares as the minority shareholders previously threatened legal action

Well, this sucks.

The club needs owners that would allow to bring in Mbappe and Bellingham in a single window, not owners that will just enforce some order. The club needs to spend more to compete. Way more.
Yeah, a single window signing players like Varane, Sancho, and Ronaldo is exactly what we need.

It doesn’t look like there is a concrete plan to phase out the leeches. This is disappointing

That's roughly £1.1b at $33 a share is it not?

Important detail in this report: "People close to the process cautioned on Friday that the deal had yet to be finalised and remained the subject of ongoing negotiations."

This deal looks baffling to me from a Glazer standpoint - it's for less shares, less up front cash and a lower EV than the other offer on the table. Something feels off about this.

Well, this sucks.

The club needs a structure that will find the next Bellingham and Mbappe and have a set up that would convince them to want to join the club. We’ve spent more than most clubs year on year but we’ve invested it poorly. We can spend within our own generated revenue and build a proper team.

They will announce it next Wednesday. One year to the day that the club was confirmed as being up for sale.

Helps that the market doesn't open for another 2 hours or so.

Also rumour seems to suggest he'll be only buying from the big A class investors (i.e the people that own enough to bother to sue over the fact he didn't buy "their" A class at $33)

What I want to hear more about is the plan for a full takeover down the line. There better be a clear roadmap for majority ownership when this deal gets announced.

Helps that the market doesn't open for another 2 hours or so.

Also rumour seems to suggest he'll be only buying from the big A class investors (i.e the people that own enough to bother to sue over the fact he didn't buy "their" A class at $33)

I can't see how that would work

Having seperate prices for Class A Vs B shares is possible, but you cant start prioritising certain Class A shareholders over others

What I want to hear more about is the plan for a full takeover down the line. There better be a clear roadmap for majority ownership when this deal gets announced.

I doubt there will be anything concrete - at most it will be a vague statement about possible future dreams to keep fans onside

I literally wait for Kleinmann reports on this stuff now. He's the Ornstein of financial journalists! :lol:
He's the guy with the board's brief. We just need him to talk about full takeover path. Then we can close this chapter for once.

Won't be possible to be announced. Until he starts taking over the rest he has to work closely with the Glazers so he's not going to start by saying I'm getting rid of them in 3-5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.