Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The level of disrespect and arrogance/ignorance on the part of United fans is shocking --- acting like they know what the Great Man did, knows and was responsible for.
There is so much recency effect or 'what have you done for ME lately' syndrome going on.

i have never heard RAWK disrespect Shankly or even Paisley but here ... Caftards seem to know more than anyone about how to run a club than management, past or present!

Embarrassing.
The level of disrespect and arrogance/ignorance on the part of United fans is shocking --- acting like they know what the Great Man did, knows and was responsible for.
There is so much recency effect or 'what have you done for ME lately' syndrome going on.

i have never heard RAWK disrespect Shankly or even Paisley but here ... Caftards seem to know more than anyone about how to run a club than management, past or present!

Embarrassing.
Many things which could be said in response to this, but I'll leave it at...imagine being a United fan and aspiring to the levels of Rawk :lol::wenger:

Said it before it was reported but okay...

My post clearly says “often going for the safest/easily observable and often” - why would you assume I’m referring to this instance specifically?

also, that tweet says today - there have been accounts on Twitter saying similar since yesterday. I mean if you think he’s credible, by all means - please proceed

I don’t see the issue talking to Ferguson or anybody who knows the club. it’s not like Ratcliffe needs to accept his advice. It seems Ratcliffe already has ideas of his own anyway.

It's crazy how this PR and media narrative firmly placing the blame for everything at the hands of individuals when in reality, Arnold and Murtough did a pretty decent job all things considered in the short time they were there. It's clear that Arnold knew what needed to happen to take the club forward (he said as much during his meet down the pub) and voted that way during the summer when the Glazers were looking for a way to stay. He started a dialogue with the fans (first since Glazer ownership), fans forum including TRA meetings for atmosphere at Old Trafford, hired Ten Hag and had a very successful season. Is it his fault that his employers are the worst owners in the history of football ownership? You have to wonder how different the landscape would look right now if we didn't have 20+ injuries to start the season and complete disarray behind the scenes with the takeover. The club is depressed and that comes from the top. The whole working environment is toxic and that also comes from the top.

Arnold fell out with the Glazers in the same way I would if I wanted what's best for Utd going forward and that's a full sale. He was thrown under the bus time and time again and is just the latest fall guy for those parasites. Nothing will ever change as long as the Glazers have their fingers in this great institution. The media covering for them in a bid to endorse this minority investment and a few new faces to get the lemmings excited again. Glazers out, always.

Arnold voted against them

He would be right to do so. And I think he voted not against Ratcliffe but the business model - like Gill.

Anyone in his position would be against trying to operate under such complicated conditions. Both sides have almost opposing long term objectives

Embarrassing.

They are fecking idiots.

He would be right to do so. And I think he voted not against Ratcliffe but the business model - like Gill.

Anyone in his position would be against trying to operate under such complicated conditions. Both sides have almost opposing long term objectives
He voted against the Glazers because the relationship soured.

Have you ever looked at how much the UAE & Saudi Funds are worth? Add a 0 to Jim's net worth and multiply by 2.5.

Also Jim's net worth includes his INEOS stake which isn't a liquid asset. There are all kinds of restrictions on accessing that wealth and utilizing it.
The state funds off course are worth way more than a si for western billionaire. As I said, I preferred Qatar.

What kind of crap is this? So he got or he didn’t get alternatives? You say he didn’t but then you say he got but he didn’t trust them?

I find it hard to believe there weren’t alternatives for Antony. Casemiro himself was an alternative so this all thesis of your is based on absolutely nothing but blind excuses.

Obviously I have no idea what happened behind the scenes. I simply know one thing: A manager who makes the step up to the top of the Premier League, whether he comes from Everton or the Eredivisie, needs some good help in order to adjust. The coaching ability - he brings with him; But he's not supposed to have knowledge about operating at the highest level of the transfer market. That's something the club itself should know about.

Was just about to share this. When are they going to stop looking to SAF for guidance? Love the man but just him rest FFS and move on.

Edit: missed the Dougie Freedman thing. As bad a call as handpicking David Moyes as your successor.

Yeah praying this never materialises,got nothing against Ratcliffe speaking to Fergie about things. I just want him to put his own people in place first.

We have a partial owner willing to put their own cash in, this is amazing news for the club

failing CEO out the door, woody long gone… compared to a year ago this is incredible progress

all you butt-hurt twats can keep crying you didn’t get your blood-money from Jassim the joker for the rest of eternity for all i care

Obviously I have no idea what happened behind the scenes. I simply know one thing: A manager who makes the step up to the top of the Premier League, whether he comes from Everton or the Eredivisie, needs some good help in order to adjust. The coaching ability - he brings with him; But he's not supposed to have knowledge about operating at the highest level of the transfer market. That's something the club itself should know about.
As I said just a blatant try to deflect part of the blame that goes to ETH. Of course our structure is disastrous, and therefor all of us want a proper DOF and CEO, but that does not mean that ETH will automatically follow suite and like the recommendations they will have. After all as I said, he though and by his recent remarks still thinks that Antony will be good enough. Nothing showed by the brazilian comes even close to that.

As I said just a blatant try to deflect part of the blame that goes to ETH. Of course our structure is disastrous, and therefor all of us want a proper DOF and CEO, but that does not mean that ETH will automatically follow suite and like the recommendations they will have. After all as I said, he though and by his recent remarks still thinks that Antony will be good enough. Nothing showed by the brazilian comes even close to that.

Naa. I've no problem accepting ETH's faults. But he should never have been given the power he has in terms of transfers, at least without evidence he's excellent at it or something.

My issues are more general rather than ETH related. A manager, no matter who, needs help. It's even more important when he comes from the lower levels and that is relevant to Moyes or Solskjaer as well. And they were never good enough anyway.

We have a partial owner willing to put their own cash in, this is amazing news for the club

failing CEO out the door, woody long gone… compared to a year ago this is incredible progress

all you butt-hurt twats can keep crying you didn’t get your blood-money from Jassim the joker for the rest of eternity for all i care
Why is it that so many posters fail time & again to talk about the SJR deal on its merits without labelling fellow fans with Jassim. I personally couldn’t care less about Jassim, didn’t win the bid - move on but anybody labelling a partial owner willing to put their own cash in as amazing. Really needs to give their head a wobble.

Of the options mentioned in their press release a year ago had you told the fans we’d end up with someone financing a further Glazer stay there’d have been uproar.

Jassim is gone. Time to back this amazing deal on its own merits, absolutely 0 evidence in the public sphere to show this will lead to majority ownership. . . Amazing indeed.

This deal is a minor upgrade on what we have, those questioning it aren’t all [enter Jassim criticism here], grow up.

Why is it that so many posters fail time & again to talk about the SJR deal on its merits without labelling fellow fans with Jassim. I personally couldn’t care less about Jassim, didn’t win the bid - move on but anybody labelling a partial owner willing to put their own cash in as amazing. Really needs to give their head a wobble.

Of the options mentioned in their press release a year ago had you told the fans we’d end up with someone financing a further Glazer stay there’d have been uproar.

Jassim is gone. Time to back this amazing deal on its own merits, absolutely 0 evidence in the public sphere to show this will lead to majority ownership. . . Amazing indeed.

This deal is a minor upgrade on what we have, those questioning it aren’t all [enter Jassim criticism here], grow up.
Tbf, glazers have been pretty fecking good on the commercial side so if they manage that and Ratcliffe controls the football completely (and is good at it), it's still much better than last year.

Unfortunately despite such glowing reviews I feel limited cause for optimism given that he too will be struggling against a rotten structure. Sure he can be more effective in reshaping that structure than any manager, but I’ve seen little indication from the past months that the new frame of ownership will enable the radical overhaul that’s required.

Bit of an insight into Dave Brailsford's philosophy.

Seems to be missing out the medical Use exemption certificates...asthma medication...testosterone deliveries in unlabelled brown envelopes and 3 three laptops containing medical records disappearing, one with a hammer. - that would be abit of a problem to fit into an acronym I suppose

Unfortunately despite such glowing reviews I feel limited cause for optimism given that he too will be struggling against a rotten structure. Sure he can be more effective in reshaping that structure than any manager, but I’ve seen little indication from the past months that the new frame of ownership will enable the radical overhaul that’s required.
As CEO wouldn't he be a key person in charge of putting in a structure?

He was a romantic option for Fergie. He wasnt "THE CHOICE." He wasnt in a position to make the choice. He quit United because of a mix of his own health problems (missing some of pre-season due to nose bleeds) and the death of his sister in law. The likes of Klopp, Pep, Carlo etc. dont get out of their contracts within a few weeks of an announcement. Its mad that Fergie gets the blame for Moyes.

Yeh, I think some people really don’t think before forming an opinion or opening their mouth.

Fergusons only responsible for building the club to the top of world football and giving us our most successful period ever.

Anything else is idiotic rag paper opinion nonsense

Yeah but isn’t the point of him coming in supposed to be the start of a structural reset? He is the guy who will right the ship along with the DoF.

Very.

(But it has to be bollocks, surely. If Jim's people want to have a bottle of fine wine with Fergie, and talk about football, I hope they have a good time. But if they plan on making the old man some kind of meaningful "consultant", they're insane. He's 81 and has recently lost his wife, a woman he was married to for nearly sixty years.)
They won’t be.

There’s nothing to suggest that United have been taking instructions from Sir Alex since Woodward left. Even before then, while he may have been keen on getting Ronaldo back he wasn’t the one signing the contract.

Why not keep him informed and on-side with what’s going on though? I really don’t see what’s wrong with that.

I honestly think that we will see the Glazers take a complete back seat.

I think Ratcliffe, Blanc etc will come in and be the faces we become accustomed to seeing.

I think if things pan out well like when it was Gill, you won’t hear a peep from the Glazerz and they will just let it be.

He is the CEO with the backing of the guy calling the football related shots (potentially). So he can change a lot

He was a romantic option for Fergie. He wasnt "THE CHOICE." He wasnt in a position to make the choice. He quit United because of a mix of his own health problems (missing some of pre-season due to nose bleeds) and the death of his sister in law. The likes of Klopp, Pep, Carlo etc. dont get out of their contracts within a few weeks of an announcement. Its mad that Fergie gets the blame for Moyes.
And the club should have been prepared for the eventuality that SAF might choose, or be forced due to health issues, to quit at relatively short notice. They obviously weren’t.

And that one can’t be pinned on Woodward. David Gill was still in charge at the time; at least nominally.

They won’t be.

There’s nothing to suggest that United have been taking instructions from Sir Alex since Woodward left. Even before then, while he may have been keen on getting Ronaldo back he wasn’t the one signing the contract.

Why not keep him informed and on-side with what’s going on though? I really don’t see what’s wrong with that.
Just make him honourary club president like they did Sir Matt and have done with it.

There's nothing wrong with being cautious, but there's nothing to suggest that majority ownership isn't on the cards in the future either. The best information we have is reporting from multiple sources that the Glazers believe the valuation will sky rocket in 2026, that Avram and Joel were reluctant to sell now, and that Ratcliffe wants majority control eventually.

Many of the questions you touch upon can't be answered yet. However there are signs of positive change. We are looking at new infrastructure investment, changes to operational structure and strategy changes that could be positive for the club.

Is it really a bad thing to enjoy the positive changes and be hopeful for the long term? Obviously a full sale would have been ideal, but that is something the Glazers clearly didn't want.

AMEN!

Arnold fell out with the Glazers in the same way I would if I wanted what's best for Utd going forward and that's a full sale.

If Arnold was concerned with 'what's best for Utd' he would not had spent the last sixteen years paid up by the Glazers.

As for his record, it's pretty poor, best evinced by his frankly awful handling of the Mason Greenwood scandal.

As for 'full sale', that depends on who to. Qatar taking over United would have landed Woodward and Arnold a pretty penny indeed. That'll be why he is kicking off now. Wants what he is 'entitled' to.

Good riddance.

Last edited:
Said it before it was reported but okay...
I'm gonna back Berba up here (for a change :lol:)

Phil Brown reported that the Glazers were looking to sell before any other source.

I'm still not entirely sure what a Pilib does though - he's not a journalist. What exactly is he?

There's nothing wrong with being cautious, but there's nothing to suggest that majority ownership isn't on the cards in the future either. The best information we have is reporting from multiple sources that the Glazers believe the valuation will sky rocket in 2026, that Avram and Joel were reluctant to sell now, and that Ratcliffe wants majority control eventually.

Many of the questions you touch upon can't be answered yet. However there are signs of positive change. We are looking at new infrastructure investment, changes to operational structure and strategy changes that could be positive for the club.

Is it really a bad thing to enjoy the positive changes and be hopeful for the long term? Obviously a full sale would have been ideal, but that is something the Glazers clearly didn't want.
In regards to the bolded part there’s nothing wrong with it, I’m quietly optimistic myself. Change is change afterall but the notion that questioning the merits of this deal makes you pro-Jassim does nothing but clog this thread up with the same arguments we’ve seen since day one.

There’s a tendency to put a throwaway tagline about those questioning this deal as [insert Jassim criticism], it undermines some valid points for me.

I’d have questioned this deal a year ago, nothing has changed.

A lot of talk from the papers that multiple people are in the running for DOF my understanding is it’s done and it’s Paul Mitchell.

Don’t believe the 8 weeks thing by the way , usual press hasn’t a clue what they are talking about and haven’t done basic research.

Minority investment doesn’t need the owners and directors test.

As we have seen David Brailsford has been at Carrington already, Arnold is out, Murtough on the way.

Looks like a duck
Acts like a duck
Sounds like a duck

it’s probably a duck

Dave Brailsford
Blanc
Paul Mitchell

This has been where the noise is prior to this week. Now there are others mentioned instead of Paul Mitchell as Director of football. He's the one I would personally want, but could understand that Ratcliffe could be getting pushback from Glazers because of his links to Ralf Rangnick possibly.

I don't see the Glazers wanting to hear "open heart surgery" again.

This could be why Dougie Freedman is being mentioned all of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.