Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually disagree on the manager. Bruce has no place in the PL, so he should have been sacked anyway.

As for Tuchel, he is a known character, similar to Conte, and if things don't go his way, he just leaves. His results were also poor and previous league campaign was not amazing. His replacement being worse is by the by.

I think EtH is here to stay and any owner that changes him risks the ire of the fans early on.

Agree with the bold part he is the first manager since SAF retired that has actually made a functioning team, give him the funds in the summer and I'm sure he will take us even further. I hope any new owners have been following the progress by him and team to see they would be foolish to sack him.

When I saw Asia mentioned I immediately thought of the Ambanis, they already have a cricket team in IPL, so why not a football team too? Hope it's not ME or China or something like that.
I was hoping for Mukesh Ambani

I actually disagree on the manager. Bruce has no place in the PL, so he should have been sacked anyway.

As for Tuchel, he is a known character, similar to Conte, and if things don't go his way, he just leaves. His results were also poor and previous league campaign was not amazing. His replacement being worse is by the by.

I think EtH is here to stay and any owner that changes him risks the ire of the fans early on.

But our fans have been consistently wrong though. It's why we're in such a mess now - this whole back the manager bollocks our fans have forced the club into.

Whatever ownership group comes in needs to realise that our fans are absolutely clueless. Once we're successful, the fans will be happy for it anyway. Aim for success as a means of winning over the fans. Don't try and win over the fans, and then be successful because the fans will egg you into making some of the brain dead decisions we've been making for the last 10 years.

Regardless of what your opinion is on Bruce, it was clear that Ashley wasn't sacking him. He got sacked post an ownership change.

Tuchel is known a character, can you please tell me which club he decided to leave? I was not aware that Boehly was in charge last campaign?

Do you think Chelsea fans wanted Tuchel gone? they still sing his name, so clearly the ire was short lived.
He didn't so much 'leave' PSG, as he was sacked because he fell out with the owner, the same way he fell out with Boehly. Not sure how he left Borussia but he's definitely not someone who takes shit.

The point about Bruce being sacked is a bit weird to me. He should have been sacked by any decent leadership of a PL club but Ashley was like the Sports direct version of the Glazers, so he just didn't care about their version of a trophy i.e. avoiding relegation.

Edit: Just checked and he was sacked at Borussia after two years as well due to his relationship with the higher-ups. I think I am seeing a pattern there :lol:.

He didn't so much 'leave' PSG, as he was sacked because he fell out with the owner, the same way he fell out with Boehly. Not sure how he left Borussia but he's definitely not someone who takes shit.

The point about Bruce being sacked is a bit weird to me. He should have been sacked by any decent leadership of a PL club but Ashley was like the Sports direct version of the Glazers, so he just didn't care about their version of a trophy i.e. avoiding relegation.

Edit: Just checked and he was sacked at Borussia after two years as well due to his relationship with the higher-ups. I think I am seeing a pattern there :lol:.

Tuchel has a history of falling out with owners, I agree. However; he doesn't fall out immediately.

Ok, if you are comparing Ashley to Glazers, they hired Ten Hag to not care, so a new owner might want someone in charge who wins trophies right?

Todays reports are very exciting and we should start to hear more concrete rumblings over who the potential bidders could be.

My earlier post about Dubai was clearly based on speculation but I can’t wait to hear who will actually go for us and looking forward to some nice surprises.

I was previously worried about the words coming out of Arnold and Murtough that they expect to be on board and kind of got that feeling but upon reflection they are fairly low down when it comes to the ownership structure of the club. They are paid by the glazers and shareholders they don’t pay themselves so they will have to ride the party line until new owners come in and indicate the direction they will go. You can almost guarantee if it’s a full sale the new owners will want their people in place.

In terms of timelines I’d point towards the Newcastle sale or the City sale to understand how long it may take but then again the level of purchase is beyond anything we have seen in world football and I imagine the FA and premier league will go over this multiple times.

Don’t forget as well the new rules and regulations in the PL and FIFA will likely be in place BEFORE any full takeover is completed.

I still think a partial takeover is possible , with heavy investment with an eventual full takeover coming toward the end of the year, unlikely but still possible.

Next I don’t mind wild speculation and stupid links , it’s entertaining and I’m definitely more excited over this than any potential signing.

United are a public company listed on the NYSE. If a party formalises its interest in buying the club, it has to be disclosed.

Thanks. I didn't know that at all. Why do people keep trying to say we won't know who the buyer is until it's done?

So they have to disclose it even when they just made a formal offer? Then assuming the deadline is 1 month, we will all know who all of the bidders are and that one of them will be the next owner/investor?

Next I don’t mind wild speculation and stupid links , it’s entertaining and I’m definitely more excited over this than any potential signing.
Once we hear concrete stuff on names of potential buyers it will be huge. It'll decide basically what level of players we'll be going for in future too

Thanks. I didn't know that at all. Why do people keep trying to say we won't know who the buyer is until it's done?

So they have to disclose it even when they just made a formal offer? Then assuming the deadline is 1 month, we will all know who all of the bidders are and that one of them will be the next owner/investor?

Once we hear concrete stuff on names of potential buyers it will be huge. It'll decide basically what level of players we'll be going for in future too
Yes. We will know who the bidders are.

They've got links to an extremist government. No thanks

The Indian government? I am Indian and I am also against some of the things the government does but they aren't that extreme and I won't mind Ambani buying the club, it's better than ME owners at least.

But our fans have been consistently wrong though. It's why we're in such a mess now - this whole back the manager bollocks our fans have forced the club into.

Whatever ownership group comes in needs to realise that our fans are absolutely clueless. Once we're successful, the fans will be happy for it anyway. Aim for success as a means of winning over the fans. Don't try and win over the fans, and then be successful because the fans will egg you into making some of the brain dead decisions we've been making for the last 10 years.

Found this thread an interesting read but this stuck out to me, I'd say, not just your fans. All fans are absolutely clueless.

Found this thread an interesting read but this stuck out to me, I'd say, not just your fans. All fans are absolutely clueless.

Football fans in general, are quite a low quality enthusiast.

It's why a lot of fans find the increasing use of data in the game quite threatening/annoying. It's exposing the fact most of them can't even tell what's happening in front of their eyes for 90 minutes, let alone at a much higher strategic level. Football fans need a narrative to be fed to them.

Last edited:
I'm actually slightly worried about the potential of our good performance in the league having a persuasive impact on the Glazers in terms of pushing them towards staying.
For instance, from a monetary perspective, they may well think that if they can now bank a few years of continuous Champions League football under ten Haag, then they'll be able to extract an even higher sale price when they do eventually sell. From a human perspective, it may (falsely) reinvigorate their self-confidence as capable owners and lusters for their roles.

You would hope that individuals in such positions of power and success would know how to maintain an objective, contextual view of these situations and thus not deviate from their original decisions on such fickle reasoning. However, I've worked too closely with such individuals at larger organisations than Manchester United to trust for that to be the case.

Reactions: Dargonk
I'm actually slightly worried about the potential of our good performance in the league having a persuasive impact on the Glazers in terms of pushing them towards staying.
For instance, from a monetary perspective, they may well think that if they can now bank a few years of continuous Champions League football under ten Haag, then they'll be able to extract an even higher sale price when they do eventually sell. From a human perspective, it may (falsely) reinvigorate their self-confidence as capable owners and lusters for their roles.

You would hope that individuals in such positions of power and success would know how to maintain an objective, contextual view of these situations and thus not deviate from their original decisions on such fickle reasoning. However, I've worked too closely with such individuals at larger organisations than Manchester United to trust for that to be the case.

Nah when you look at such strong Utd sources talking up a sale in Q1 I think they will sell up but gonna be twists and turns

They've just got lucky that they are able to sell in a postion of relaitve strength on the football side, and will probably only confirm now is the right time to get out, as they must know by now
how quickly it go the other way.

They probably can't actually believe their luck, as if we were struggling then it'd likely impact on the process and the sale price, but fans are happy/distracted right now, so it's working out very nicely for them, which they of course don't deserve, but for United's future it can only be a good thing.

Interesting I thought where it said in the article that the price could be affected either way by us getting (or not getting) CL football, so you'd have thought they'd want to really push hard in this window to make sure we stood every chance of getting it, as it's not like they'd ulitmately be paying, and yet would reap the rewards if we did get top 4, the conclusion I draw is that we are further into the takeover than even the article says, ie the Glazers can't authorise a big transfer now even if they wanted to, or more likely that there literally is no money to do it, and the banks won't lend any significant money out to them either.

Nah when you look at such strong Utd sources talking up a sale in Q1 I think they will sell up but gonna be twists and turns

I really can't see any sale (or part sale) going through until top-4 is secured - or winning the EL.

Being out/in of the CL must make such a difference - 7 billion if in, probably more like 5-6 if not.

I really can't see any sale (or part sale) going through until top-4 is secured - or winning the EL.

Being out/in of the CL must make such a difference - 7 billion if in, probably more like 5-6 if not.
Absolutely not worth that difference

No, missing out on CL doesn't suddenly lower the value by a billion.

Who would wait for CL participation?

Er, go to Specsavers?

:lol:

It may not go through until then anyway but I don’t think a sale will wait until that’s confirmed.

Glazers will be selling it as a CL asset regardless

If Ducker is correct the deadline for formal bids is mid-February anyway

As a horse racing fan I know what Dubai has done for this sport over the last 30 years or so with Godolphin, if it can do the same for United then we'll be in a good place.. and I'd also love to see us in a kit with the Godolphin blue!

:nervous: CL isnt the super league.

It may make a difference of a 100million quid a year. But it's also partly compensated by a 25% reduction in the players wages across.

If it made that much of a difference in terms of valuation; Arsenal would be worth tuppence by now, after being out of the CL for like 6 or 8 years.

I just hope this isn't a partial sale. I can't take these rats anymore in charge of this club.

:nervous: CL isnt the super league.

It may make a difference of a 100million quid a year. But it's also partly compensated by a 25% reduction in the players wages across.

If it made that much of a difference in terms of valuation; Arsenal would be worth tuppence by now, after being out of the CL for like 6 or 8 years.
If it even makes that as your sponsors are already in place, so it's only really match day revenue (about 4 million) and what UEFA cough up which this year is 15 starting off, then 2.8 million for a win, 936,000 for a draw, so it really depends on a bit and how far you go in it to make that 100.

Really hoping we accept the alleged Dubai offer and the Glazers are able to relinquish any involvement with the club.
We have to continue the anti Glazer protests until they’ve finally packed up & gone.

The one year Champs league myth that used to be used regarding players appetite to join, has now moved into billion or more dropped of the value because they not making that extra 40mil or whatever it is from the champs year. Which is a year on year qualification and only requires a top 4 finish.

Such nonsense :lol:

I hope not. I can't think of a better man for the job(ETH).
The one year Champs league myth that used to be used regarding players appetite to join, has now moved into billion or more dropped of the value because they not making that extra 40mil or whatever it is from the champs year. Which is a year on year qualification and only requires a top 4 finish.

Such nonsense :lol:
We owe 300 million in transfer fees. A reported 600 in loans and the estimated cost to regenerate OT is 1 billion and a potential 2 billion to re build a new stadium. 40 million champions league money is irrelevant. Any notion of the Glazers not selling at this point is unfounded. We are broke as a club, they have to sell. A decision will be made in March, we where under the impression the club would be sold by March but this is not the case. Typical Glazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.