Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for Venkys to dump Blackburn and bid for United..
I wouldve liked Ambani to go for it.. India is a massive market too..

It'll most likely be some state though.. unfortunately.

When I saw Asia mentioned I immediately thought of the Ambanis, they already have a cricket team in IPL, so why not a football team too? Hope it's not ME or China or something like that.

When I saw Asia mentioned I immediately thought of the Ambanis, they already have a cricket team in IPL, so why not a football team too? Hope it's not ME or China or something like that.

There were reports saying Ambani is a massive Arsenal fan and that’s the only PL club he’d be interested in buying but who the feck really knows.

why is it most likely the states?

if anything I’d say it’s the least likely especially after Chelsea deal has been an unmitigated disaster

This has come from an article in the Times.

There will be DD carried out, its not that the sale process has only begun, it has been happening since last year.

Any buyer that puts a bid in will have to have shown proof of funds, so people who say not serious buyers will be in there is incorrect.

When you are putting bids at this level, they will go through alot of checks before even being able to bid.
It could happen quickly as you say.

Even if their transfer dealings are shambolic, the Glazers will ensure their money is coming in pronto and we know that's what they care about.

As long as we have the new decision makers are in place to plan the summer window before it actually starts, I'll be happy

Hbm2oIW.png

Using the Chelsea FC timeline as a reference for the mid-February date from King James Ducker, we get an end-date in late April.

Our Process could look differently though. The last stage for Boehly, starting after 28 April, also included government approval. Anyone looking to make a full takeover of Manchester United plc must also deal with the shares listed on the NYSE. That is a process that could take months. But this is just formalities, so in practice it could be that we in mid March has a deal done -- which is what matters. If it takes one month or two months after that for the new owner to take reign of the club is something I think we can live with -- as long as it doesn't drag into the summer. The earlier the better of course. But as long as the buyer is just awaiting formalities, all planning can take place as of the time the deal is signed in late March.

It could also be a two step process in which the new owner first buys the Glazers' share and can put its own board in place, and then the Series A shares on NYSE is dealt with during the summer, if at all. Would need someone with insight into Cayman M&A practices to speculate with any kind of certainty on that.

Cheers, nice with a schedule. Im loving the labels, although I'm not sure I'll call it Project Freedom if we get an ME-ownership.

why is it most likely the states?

if anything I’d say it’s the least likely especially after Chelsea deal has been an unmitigated disaster

The Chelsea deal it was mainly US consortiums that showed an interest. Now is that because the remaining Middle Eastern states aren’t interested in general or just weren’t interested in Chelsea? I guess we’ll soon find out but all the reports so far are saying theres very much an interest from the Middle East whether that’s whole states or private company’s.

They don't have any reason aka business need to buy United. Already one of the richest in the world and so, why would you put 5-7 bn simply to buy a football club ? The revenues aren't massive w.r.t to the money they pay and will take decades for this to become a successful for them.

State owned are out best bet.

There were reports saying Ambani is a massive Arsenal fan and that’s the only PL club he’d be interested in buying but who the feck really knows.

Oh ya even I read that somewhere, also I saw an article saying Lewis Hamilton is interested in joining up with Ratcliffe to buy the club.

Hbm2oIW.png

Using the Chelsea FC timeline as a reference for the mid-February date from King James Ducker, we get an end-date in late April.

Our Process could look differently though. The last stage for Boehly, starting after 28 April, also included government approval. Anyone looking to make a full takeover of Manchester United plc must also deal with the shares listed on the NYSE. That is a process that could take months. But this is just formalities, so in practice it could be that we in mid March has a deal done -- which is what matters. If it takes one month or two months after that for the new owner to take reign of the club is something I think we can live with -- as long as it doesn't drag into the summer. The earlier the better of course. But as long as the buyer is just awaiting formalities, all planning can take place as of the time the deal is signed in late March.

It could also be a two step process in which the new owner first buys the Glazers' share and can put its own board in place, and then the Series A shares on NYSE is dealt with during the summer, if at all. Would need someone with insight into Cayman M&A practices to speculate with any kind of certainty on that.
The Raine Group have said the sale won't follow the same timeline as the Chelsea sale as that was too quick.

Anil? He's more likely of the two to buy United. He loves his high-profile/publicity-type investments.

Do you think its been all quiet to allow for the current transfer window to continue for us without a transfer embargo due to a pending takeover? So Feb could be a busier month?

They don't have any reason aka business need to buy United. Already one of the richest in the world and so, why would you put 5-7 bn simply to buy a football club ? The revenues aren't massive w.r.t to the money they pay and will take decades for this to become a successful for them.

Maybe to take his telecom company Jio to the global/international level? I don't follow business stuff and I don't know much about it so take whatever I say with a pinch of salt.

The timeline is looking promising. The most important thing is that everything gets done before the end of the season.

The Raine Group have said the sale won't follow the same timeline as the Chelsea sale as that was too quick.

Yeah, but I am not sure if it was the first stage or all stages that were rushed. In that process it was only 2 weeks between the time the club was put up for sale and the deadline for first offers. Here we will instead have 2.5 months. Its just guessing, but I am hoping that once the auction is set in motion, we will not see the same type of delays. Everyone are afraid of the "transaction risk" once you start going. One day a multi-billion transaction is on the way, a seller is looking at making billions, the advisors are looking at success fees that can fund a yacht or whatever, the next day Putin invades someone and the deal is off.

The article also says:

" Over the coming weeks, potential investors from around the world will go public with their attempts to buy the sporting giant."

Given that the Glazers don't care what the fans want and aren't arsed about protests, what would be the point?
United are a public company listed on the NYSE. If a party formalises its interest in buying the club, it has to be disclosed.

The irony is there’s plenty people in this very thread who were throwing their toys out the pram because it wasn’t sold instantly & it seems we are further along than we mere public beings are lead to believe

State owned are out best bet.

Could be mixing and matching his business with the one of the biggest sports clubs in the world? India is still a relatively untapped market for football and an Indian owning United may cause greater popularity and therefore revenue. I dunno what the ceiling is there and if it's already hit but I imagine they would think it's higher if they went for the club

They've got links to an extremist government. No thanks

It could happen quickly as you say.

Even if their transfer dealings are shambolic, the Glazers will ensure their money is coming in pronto and we know that's what they care about.

As long as we have the new decision makers are in place to plan the summer window before it actually starts, I'll be happy

I think that is the key, we need to make sure the summer is not affected by this. The only thing I am worried about is what will the owners do?

The last thing we want is them changing the best thing at United right now, the manager.

We saw the Saudis with Newcastle, Boehly with Chelsea, changing the manager is high on the agenda.

I really hope that does not happen here because, I actually dont think there is a better man if they decide to get rid.

When new owners come, they like to shake things up, we have been building our structure in the last year, would not be nice to see all of it dismantled to be built again.

Funny that people don't want ME states for ethical reasons but are fine with Ambani, who's bankrolling BJP, the political entity responsible for literally lynching Muslims in the streets, bulldozing their homes and trying to create an apartheid state.

I think that is the key, we need to make sure the summer is not affected by this. The only thing I am worried about is what will the owners do?

The last thing we want is them changing the best thing at United right now, the manager.

We saw the Saudis with Newcastle, Boehly with Chelsea, changing the manager is high on the agenda.

I really hope that does not happen here because, I actually dont think there is a better man if they decide to get rid.

When new owners come, they like to shake things up, we have been building our structure in the last year, would not be nice to see all of it dismantled to be built again.
Newcastle needed a new manager as even with money they wouldn't go anywhere with Steve Bruce. Chelsea is a funny one, Tuchel won the CL with them, you wonder if there were issues with him behind the scenes.

Newcastle needed a new manager as even with money they wouldn't go anywhere with Steve Bruce. Chelsea is a funny one, Tuchel won the CL with them, you wonder if there were issues with him behind the scenes.

I understand the reasoning for Steve Bruce but, evidence from past takeovers shows radical action taken by new owners. The first thing to do is change management to show who is in charge.

I am just saying, I hope it doesnt come to that with new owners.

To be fair I could have worded that better, I meant like the sports franchise type of owners, not the money grabbing leaches side of them.

Ahh right no worries.

Ideally I just want the new owners to have the clubs best interest at heart and not use us like an ATM machine. Improve both the stadium & training facilities and make the necessary funding available that ETH requires in order to take us to the next level of his vision.

I understand the reasoning for Steve Bruce but, evidence from past takeovers shows radical action taken by new owners. The first thing to do is change management to show who is in charge.

I hope not. I can't think of a better man for the job(ETH).

I actually disagree on the manager. Bruce has no place in the PL, so he should have been sacked anyway.

As for Tuchel, he is a known character, similar to Conte, and if things don't go his way, he just leaves. His results were also poor and previous league campaign was not amazing. His replacement being worse is by the by.

I think EtH is here to stay and any owner that changes him risks the ire of the fans early on.

City gave Hughes a little while didn't they, granted they didn't get much improvement

I actually disagree on the manager. Bruce has no place in the PL, so he should have been sacked anyway.

As for Tuchel, he is a known character, similar to Conte, and if things don't go his way, he just leaves. His results were also poor and previous league campaign was not amazing.

I think EtH is here to stay and any owner that changes him risks the ire of the fans early on.

Regardless of what your opinion is on Bruce, it was clear that Ashley wasn't sacking him. He got sacked post an ownership change.

Tuchel is known a character, can you please tell me which club he decided to leave? I was not aware that Boehly was in charge last campaign?

Do you think Chelsea fans wanted Tuchel gone? they still sing his name, so clearly the ire was short lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.