Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s 2:15pm in Florida and Joel Glazer is still deliberating what to have for breakfast. What chance do we have on the sale of the club!

Good day today. Sitting in the garden with a beer, weather is sunny and 26C, The Warning playing on shuffle and spending my afternoon daydreaming. My favourite daydream is the one where the Glazers finally sell the club, take their billions, and on the way back to Florida they are mugged and lose the lot.

(I know transactions like this aren’t done with suitcases of cash, but I can dream)
Great band, The Warning.

:lol:

What happened to MEN? It was a good newspaper back in the day.

I wouldn’t wipe my backside with it these days.
MEN - can’t live with it can’t live without it.

It’s 2:15pm in Florida and Joel Glazer is still deliberating what to have for breakfast. What chance do we have on the sale of the club!

Finally he settles on the scrambled eggs of an endangered bird species because he likes them ‘slightly better’ than free age chicken eggs.

A member of Raine group then congratulates him on his decision and asks, ‘and what would you like to drink, master?’.

Without hesitation, Joel replies decisively, ‘Orange juice’.

‘Certainly, sir’, replies the Raine group lackey, before adding, ‘with pulp or without?’.

‘Hmmm’, Joel replies, a worried look overcoming his mole-like features…

‘Hmmm, that’s a real thinker… come back in 4 hours and I’ll mull it over in the meantime’.

‘Very good, sir’, says the Raine sycophant, with a forced smile.

There aren't going to be any leaks from exclusive negotiations. It's when the lawyers and people who couldn't give a feck about football and who have never given their number to Mike Keegan and haven't got Fabrizio Romano on speed dial, are thrashing out the final details.

Reasonable chance that this is the case.

Barely. I think it's readership is around 10% of what it was a decade and a half ago.

Thing with all these local and regional papers now being online is that it's almost impossible to actually read the articles they put up due to being attacked by an army of ads. Some even require you to complete a questionnaire to read about how Ethel had her milk stolen and the hunt for the theif has gripped the town.

Joel asked if he could pay for the breakfast with a Pay Day loan.

Reading through some of the 'comments' section on articles it appears to be an echo chamber for misogynists, racists and other low lives on earth! Just the worst example of a 'newspaper' there is.

All local paper website comments are all exactly the same. In every area.

I’m never sure if they’re genuine or Russian / Chinese / Tory troll accounts designed to demoralise normal people.

I’m never sure if they’re genuine or Russian / Chinese / Tory troll accounts designed to demoralise normal people.

Aren't they linked to their social media accounts these days so you get anyone commenting. If you ever come across old local new site comment sections you tend to find a handful of locals engaged in a battle that sometimes spreads over years. Ones almost always called Derek.

I suspect that they are bots or their human equivalents, these comments also follow the same logic than Quora "edgy" questions or answers.

Thing with all these local and regional papers now being online is that it's almost impossible to actually read the articles they put up due to being attacked by an army of ads. Some even require you to complete a questionnaire to read about how Ethel had her milk stolen and the hunt for the theif has gripped the town.
MEN website is a special case of shite, particularly if you're looking for anything on one of the local newspapers they took over, on my former home town's site the latest of the 4 'news" articles is from Feb 2023 and the 4th one is from Sept 2022 - pathetic in the least!

Finally he settles on the scrambled eggs of an endangered bird species because he likes them ‘slightly better’ than free age chicken eggs.

A member of Raine group then congratulates him on his decision and asks, ‘and what would you like to drink, master?’.

‘Certainly, sir’, replies the Raine group lackey, before adding, ‘with pulp or without?’.

‘Hmmm, that’s a real thinker… come back in 4 hours and I’ll mull it over in the meantime’.

Best reply ever :)

:lol:

The outrageous comments are almost exclusively right wing talking points. Whether it is about politics, security, culture, economy...

Right, yeah ok. Sorry I just didn’t get what it meant.

There’s obviously a lot of ‘bot’ interference (ooer) regarding right wing politics over the last 10years, it’s just where it comes from that I wonder about.

They say the thief has got some bottle.

Biggest milk thieves used to be blue tits. My dad used to order a pint of gold to on a Sunday but he would always wait for the blue tits to have their share of the cream before he brought it in.

Took me a second to realise you meant the bird and not the local City scruff.

Status
Not open for further replies.