Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll definitely reach there. We occupy so many pages with the same circular discussions that have been going on since the start, and combined with the slow rate of progression on this, this thread has a long way to go. Then of course when there is an eventual announcement there will be an explosion of posts.
I'm close to 30k that I need to find more threads to add my incoherent thoughts to, so I might as well camp here.

Twitter rumours INEOS are thinking of pulling out.

No idea where they have originated from though

both parties should pull out. leave the glazers in the creek without a paddle. i doubt the markets would be kind to the share price, as clearly there arent any other bidders interested at this valuation....

both parties should pull out. leave the glazers in the creek without a paddle. i doubt the markets would be kind to the share price, as clearly there arent any other bidders interested at this valuation....
Aren't they at risk of being sued by shareholders if they don't sell to Qatar at the moment seeing as that's the highest bid?

Yes, it's a local paper and yes they are reliable for Nice information. Generally local papers are more reliable in France when it comes to sport, with the only exception of RMCsport and the Midi Olympique(Le Midol) in Rugby.

Trying to think if I have heard of them before all the Ratcliffe takeover stuff. Surely we have been linked with NICE players before but can't think of any names

We need that to happen to be honest otherwise the Glazers are going to keep flashing their arse until another bid comes in
I'm not sure that this would be great news. If the only competitor drops out, surely Qatar could just lower their offer to a point where the Glazers might be even more hesitant

Let’s hope all we want as united fans is for the Glazers to go and if it’s SJ I’m ok with that because if at his core he’s truly a united fan he will only want the best for the club, not to use it as a personal ATM like the Goblins have, debt we must get rid of the debt, Arsenal can spend £200-300m this summer because they have a rich owner and no debt, let that sink in they can go buy Declan Rice, Julian Timber and others whilst we scrimp and scrape enough sales to buy 3rd and 4th choices , eventually that’s what debt does even to a super club like United!

Tbf to Arsenal -- they are getting rid of their two bete noires in one swoop.

Just over seven weeks until the season starts. If it's a full takeover then I don't see how it will be completed before September/October now at the earliest.

It’s the Nice version of the daily express
Followed by OGC Nice on Twitter. I posted the next news we would hear would be from INEOS. They’d either increase their offer or walk away. I think that’s basically it. Now we’ll probably hear something about exclusivity between glazers and Qatar becoming official.

My take and it’s probably wrong ;

1. After Qatari 5th and final bid which I think was more than reported but SJ said ok we’ll give you £5.4/5.5bn providing it’s done in 2 weeks this was the final Bid now made on or around the 7th June after Naser Al Khalelfi (PSG CEO) was asked to intervene.

2. The Glazers through the Raine Group got back in touch and said your very close can you go up a little bit more to the Qatar bid, they said no and after the 2 weeks they would potentially pull out. The Raine Group went back to Qatari and said ok we’ll do the deal but if we offer you exclusivity you have to pay a little extra like £5.6/5.7bn, Qatar said yes. Then the leaks came out last week first from a Qatar new publication (Later flagged as a hoax) then Rio, then finally Reuters, then the tabloids started to do a full 180 on SJR side and started to predict a Qatari win and the shares soared to $25. The caveat was also stated that SJR could still win with a new bid but he was running out of time.

3. A Silent weekend, probably mostly due to strict NDA’s but also a lot of bad press about SJR, leveraged buy outs, poor Nice records, a huge potential libel and law suite from the 31% minority share holders should he win pathing the way for a SJ/Qatari win, even informing us that SJR would have more issues with Uefa and EPL Director fit and proper test.

4. Early this week, shares dropped but still stable at just under $24 as the 5th and final Qatar bid was coming up to the 2 week deadline, Reports now stated that finally INEOS are losing confidence of wining, the old proverb “he who talks first normally loses!”

5. Conclusion we are in the home straight, but greedy Joel and Avram have probably said we just can’t do it unless we get £6bn so either Qatar relent and give in or they just walk away!

I read what you are writing with interest. Just one thing I don't understand. Are you saying that Qatar have to bid £5.6-5.7bn to win the club or just to become the preferred bidder? If I read no 2 is seems they will do the deal if they pay that amount. But when reading no 5 you feel they still want more cash in the end? So I guess they want £5.6-5.7bn just to pick Qatar as the perferred bidder and they they want another 400mills to seal the deal from your perspective?

Who the feck's nice Martin?

The ginger fella from Game On who keeps making everyone tea.

Momentum is only going one way at this stage

Into a vacuum of nothingness that Avram Glazer feeds upon before belching out new Universes populated solely by Man City treble wins and Man Utd noodle deals…?

https://www.marketbeat.com/instant-alerts/nyse-Man Utd-sec-filing-2023-06-21/

Just some shares movements amongst the investment funds.

Link keeps failing but:

CHICAGO TRUST Co NA cut its holdings in Manchester United plc (NYSE:Man Utd - Get Rating) by 35.6% in the 1st quarter, according to its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission. The fund owned 11,371 shares of the company's stock after selling 6,278 shares during the period. CHICAGO TRUST Co NA's holdings in Manchester United were worth $252,000 at the end of the most recent reporting period.

Get Manchester United alerts:

Several other hedge funds and other institutional investors have also recently modified their holdings of the company. Ariel Investments LLC raised its stake in shares of Manchester United by 12.4% during the first quarter. Ariel Investments LLC now owns 12,289,486 shares of the company's stock valued at $177,829,000 after acquiring an additional 1,355,427 shares during the last quarter. Lindsell Train Ltd raised its stake in shares of Manchester United by 0.9% during the fourth quarter. Lindsell Train Ltd now owns 11,018,676 shares of the company's stock valued at $257,011,000 after acquiring an additional 93,500 shares during the last quarter. Invesco Ltd. raised its stake in shares of Manchester United by 26.3% during the first quarter. Invesco Ltd. now owns 2,869,363 shares of the company's stock valued at $41,520,000 after acquiring an additional 597,906 shares during the last quarter. Marathon Asset Management Ltd raised its stake in shares of Manchester United by 8.1% during the fourth quarter. Marathon Asset Management Ltd now owns 2,362,700 shares of the company's stock valued at $55,120,000 after acquiring an additional 176,792 shares during the last quarter. Finally, Millennium Management LLC raised its stake in shares of Manchester United by 157.4% during the second quarter. Millennium Management LLC now owns 1,237,950 shares of the company's stock valued at $13,766,000 after acquiring an additional 757,060 shares during the last quarter. 23.90% of the stock is owned by institutional investors.

Manchester United Price Performance

Shares of Man Utd opened at $22.50 on Wednesday. The stock has a market cap of $3.71 billion, a PE ratio of -24.46 and a beta of 0.68. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 4.88, a quick ratio of 0.40 and a current ratio of 0.40. Manchester United plc has a fifty-two week low of $10.41 and a fifty-two week high of $27.34. The firm's 50-day simple moving average is $20.14 and its two-hundred day simple moving average is $21.68.

Manchester United (NYSE:Man Utd - Get Rating) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, March 30th. The company reported ($0.07) earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.01) by ($0.06). The business had revenue of $196.48 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $170.80 million. Manchester United had a negative return on equity of 45.01% and a negative net margin of 20.86%. Analysts anticipate that Manchester United plc will post -0.26 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.

Wall Street Analysts Forecast Growth

Several equities analysts have recently commented on the stock. TheStreet downgraded shares of Manchester United from a "c-" rating to a "d+" rating in a research note on Wednesday, March 29th. StockNews.com upgraded shares of Manchester United to a "sell" rating in a research report on Monday, March 27th.

Manchester United Profile
(Get Rating)

Manchester United plc, together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates a professional sports team in the United Kingdom. It operates Manchester United Football Club, a professional football club. The company develops marketing and sponsorship relationships with international and regional companies to leverage its brand.

There selling to Qatar everything is pointing that way.

Whether you choose to believe it or not is an entirely different issue.

There selling to Qatar everything is pointing that way.

Whether you choose to believe it or not is an entirely different issue.

It's always been Qatar. Because they are way richer. SJR was a stalking horse. Annoying that it's being dragged out when we could be going on a spending spree. By now Murtough will know he's about to be sacked so probably not even trying to sign anyone.

It's always been Qatar. Because they are way richer. SJR was a stalking horse. Annoying that it's being dragged out when we could be going on a spending spree. By now Murtough will know he's about to be sacked so probably not even trying to sign anyone.

Oh yea he’s definitely gone, I doubt any of the transfer committee will survive ?

I'm not sure that this would be great news. If the only competitor drops out, surely Qatar could just lower their offer to a point where the Glazers might be even more hesitant
They're going to ride this out until one of the bidders says enough is enough in the form of a bigger bid or dropping out. They have no intention of selling while both parties still want the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.