Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS, you were winning the negotiation!
I pulled a Woodward

You get a live video of Shakesy doing what it says in his tagline…
Someone started showing me that video in secondary school and it still makes me sad
Think you have misunderstood, there’s obviously ‘something happening’, there’s a darn sale negotiation process for Manchester United ongoing! He specifically referenced Al-Khalaifi and said all parties insist nothing’s happening, being that Al-Khalaifi is not involved.
I’m sorry but it’s you who has misunderstood. He says the title as in the title “how to buy a football club” and says all parties insist nothing is happening. No movements. Nothing imminent. Same as the last 3 months

I certainly cant argue that, but my point is Martial, Fred, Maguire, De Gea, these players dont stay long at City. I'm not even just talking about us. Klopp has done everything right at Liverpool for the longest time, and he has to rebuild. Because part of the job is having to eat stale bread. Which Pep never does.
While Pep had to do a bit of a rebuild mostly around the defense , the fact that they dont find themselves in need of a major overhaul is a testament to how well they are run. Obviously not having to worry about money helps a lot. But we seem to need 5 key players every summer while they usually just bolster some areas. It makes my blood boil

It's really not, especially if it means selling to Ratcliffe or Qatar, and I say that as someone who has been boycotting OT because of them.

The only thing that would top the Treble would be doing it again next season and beating city in the Champions League final and the scousers in the FA Cup final.
I disagree with this. If the Glazers didn’t decide to sell, or they even back out, it could send out club into a death spiral from the elite that would take years to recover from and that’s only after they feck off for good.
The treble was a monumental sporting achievement but the actual club could be at risk here if it goes the wrong way.

Don’t buy that at all. Has Man Utd been shut down until this sale gets completed or not?

No United isn't shut down but if your selling the club do you want to make 100m deals and if your buying a club do you want them to spend 100m?

If FFP didn't exist it wouldn't really matter to the buyer but it does exist and the buyer would want as much flexibility as they can get but spending a fortune before they take ownership would tie their hands somewhat in the first window and possibly future windows

No United isn't shut down but if your selling the club do you want to make 100m deals and if your buying a club do you want them to spend 100m?

If FFP didn't exist it wouldn't really matter to the buyer but it does exist and the buyer would want as much flexibility as they can get but spending a fortune before they take ownership would tie their hands somewhat in the first window and possibly future windows

I believe that it has been confirmed a couple of times that the usual 100M credit facility is available for transfer business as of now and that ETH will be allowed to spend any additional funds raised from sales. I did think it was odd with the sale presumably taking place soon but Simon Jordan stated that it is in everyones interests for transfer business to continue as normal and any purchases essentially add to the asset side of the balance sheet. Repaying the credit facility would essentially be the obligation of the new owners so it does not hurt the Glazers to continue to operate and if all parties are happy to keep ETH in place they will all be happy to back him for now. Jordan is a cnut but he does have a reasonably sound understanding of this side of the business.

Romano, seems to think it's just waiting for Qataris to be announced by Utd this week. Let's see if that's correct I'm glad it's just been sold and now they transfers can get sorted. Just hope they don't undermine ETH..

The plans for the summer window have been in place for a long time and have been open to scrutiny to potential buyers under due diligence. In any M&A the golden rule is business as usual until ownership changes hands. Whatever next, are we going to cancel our pre-season tour because somebody who might not buy us doesn’t like it, or the Glazer’s suddenly decide they shouldn’t have agreed to it. It’s complete rubbish imo.

Romano, seems to think it's just waiting for Qataris to be announced by Utd this week. Let's see if that's correct I'm glad it's just been sold and now they transfers can get sorted. Just hope they don't undermine ETH..
You’ve definitely read one of the fake Romano accounts.

That was Romanto...

David Onstein is saying the same.

Whoosh

Wrong account my friend, not the real Romano. In any event, nobody is undermining ETH, believe me.

Which Romano is that? Theres a million of them on twitter now

The plans for the summer window have been in place for a long time and have been open to scrutiny to potential buyers under due diligence. In any M&A the golden rule is business as usual until ownership changes hands. Whatever next, are we going to cancel our pre-season tour because somebody who might not buy us doesn’t like it, or the Glazer’s suddenly decide they shouldn’t have agreed to it. It’s complete rubbish imo.
If you had of stopped before your ridiculous comparison with a pre season tour, your post would be more credible.

I don't know why people can't just have a discussion without the snide tw@tty parts added to it. Does it make you feel superior or something?

If you had of stopped before your ridiculous comparison with a pre season tour, your post would be more credible.

I don't know why people can't just have a discussion without the snide tw@tty parts added to it. Does it make you feel superior or something?
Not at all. I just don’t see why our transfer window, which is already planned, is at risk. Just like the pre-season tour - that’s not at risk and will still go ahead as planned. You might find that ‘tw@tty’ but sorry mate, everything is business as usual until a change of ownership. There is absolutely no risk to our current summer transfer plans. You might not choose to believe it, but that’s the way it ever was and will remain so.

You’ve definitely read one of the fake Romano accounts.
To fecking right I did, I've just Been back on and there's feck all on his the real one , feck I fell for that one I'm just hoping it's going to be over soon.

It's not looking very good for them. That being said, they do have access to quite a lot of money, so things can change...

What you mean it's not looking very good? It's over, Qatar have won and you won't have to wait much longer.

Ultimately, they all prefer Jassim - all my family in Manchester who support Utd do.

And my family members in Manchester / Stockport who support City all want Ratcliffe and the Glazers at Utd (as does literally every oppo if you check around online).

My friends from Manchester are the exact opposite, I'd be a bit wary of just generalizing everyone based on your family.

Where did he say this?

This is something I fear is the truth. I do not see us making any big signings before the ownership of the club is known.
Yeah I think this will definitely be the case. We are pretty much broke until we get investment and, even if we weren’t, the prospective owners will have their own ideas about recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.