Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage anything is a possibility, because we don't know what the Glazer's intentions are:
- Are they wanting a full sale? (Qatar are wanting full control)
- Are they wanting a partial sale? (Sir Jim will entertain this)
- Are they actually wanting to sell at all?
They were pretty cold with SJR's bids until he altered the structure. That might be a hint.

At this stage anything is a possibility, because we don't know what the Glazer's intentions are:
- Are they wanting a full sale? (Qatar are wanting full control)
- Are they wanting a partial sale? (Sir Jim will entertain this)
- Are they actually wanting to sell at all?
If I had to guess they want Sir Jim.

If he really will let them hang on until the next round of TV bidding.

Parasites are gonna be parasites.

Ultimately the only people who can decide who will win are the Glazer's, and it depends on what the Glazer's intentions are:
- A full sale will mean Qatar's bid will be successful
- A sale in which they stay on in some capacity will mean that Sir Jim's bid will be successful

Without knowing that key information (the Glazer's intentions), then any answer is just speculation.

My own opinion (speculation), is that the Glazer's will leave straight away, and therefore it will be Qatar that wins, I am 95% certain of this.
I base my 95% certainty on this:
- Sheikh Jassim has played a 'Power move' by being prepared to walk away.
- He has upped his bid numerous times and must now be there or thereabouts of the Glazer's valuation; with it being his final bid, it has lead me to believe that he is actually 'There' at the Glazer's asking price. His "Not negotiating any more" stance, further adds to this belief.
In a way Sheikh Jassim is saying, "I have met the asking price (for what was overpriced from the outset), and I will not pay a penny/cent more".

In terms of when the news will be announced of the preferred bidder, I believe because we are dealing with something that is fiscal (it's a sale after all), then logic would suggest that something should be announced by the end of the Quarter Fiscal - which is 30th June 2023... which just happens to be very close to 1st July 2023 - a date that is important in the Summer transfer window, as that is when the International window opens for overseas transfers.

Thanks for your opinion,that's all I was after not some false reassurance as another poster was trying to suggest

We are just a play thing amongst the billionaires. Three fecking billionaires (Glazers, SJR, SJ) are playing with hundreds of millions Man Utd fans feeling. Football supposed to be belong to the fans but once the greedy feckers billionaires get involved they will ruin everything.

Can these 3 parties sit down and think of the perspective from benefits of the club and it's hundreds of millions of fans worldwide to come to a resolution.

Glazers should accept the offers already because it's already takes more than 6 months and we are in the 5th bid. Or can either SJ or SJR pull out? We are at a time we need new investment to strengthen the squad for next season.

We are just a play thing amongst the billionaires. Three fecking billionaires (Glazers, SJR, SJ) are playing with hundreds of millions Man Utd fans feeling. Football supposed to be belong to the fans but once the greedy feckers billionaires get involved they will ruin everything.

Can these 3 parties sit down and think of the perspective from benefits of the club and it's hundreds of millions of fans worldwide to come to a resolution.

Glazers should accept the offers already because it's already takes more than 6 months and we are in the 5th bid. Or can either SJ or SJR pull out? We are at a time we need new investment to strengthen the squad for next season.
Seriously :lol: Its a multi billion dollar deal. These things take time. People should not get their feelings hurt over these things

They're businessmen, they don't give a flying feck what you me or anyone else on the CAF thinks, don't kid yourself, football hasn't belonged to the fans for decades

They were pretty cold with SJR's bids until he altered the structure. That might be a hint.

No doubt that the tweaks made by Sir Jim would meet the Glazer's valuation in the long term (2 to 3 years down the line), for a partial sale to begin with and eventual full sale after said years - with Sir Jim potentially being able to go above the Glazer's sale price depending on the valuation of the new TV deals that come in for the 2025-26 season (with the tender process for those rights due to begin later this year).

For all we know the current bids could look like this:
- Sir Jim: I will pay your asking price and I will keep you onboard. A large chunk of that asking price will be paid up-front, and the remainder will come in 2 to 3 years time. I may also be able to pay you more depending on the new TV deals.

- Sheikh Jassim: I will pay your asking price but you will no longer be a part of Manchester United. The asking price will all be paid in-full straight away.

If I had to guess they want Sir Jim.

If he really will let them hang on until the next round of TV bidding.

Parasites are gonna be parasites.

That could well be their intention, especially with the tender process for TV rights set to begin later this year.

Seriously :lol: Its a multi billion dollar deal. These things take time. People should not get their feelings hurt over these things

Ok then. We as Man Utd fans should just keep our mouth shut and wait for this saga to drag all summer and then we missed out on important signings. We should not voice out our opinion even though we are at risk at not getting ready for next season. Next season is going to be another season wasted. We need to be very efficient this summer in order to challenge in top competition.

Tried skipping through about 30 pages and i'm exhausted. This is worse than a transfer saga :lol:

please don't flame me for not knowing this, but how on earth are we going to do transfer business with the club sale still a complete smoke and mirror show? Surely the sale is going to impact on who we want, how high we are willing to go on fee's etc? Not to mention the potential ego of a new owner wanting some particular "big splash" signing to stroke the ego.

Are the staff prepping for next season (in's/out's) essentially just sitting on their thumbs whilst this is all ongoing?

If Jassim wins, I hope each and every poster, who in this case promised to be done with the Club and football altogether, fecks off. Same applies to each and every poster who promised to stop supporting the Club in case Ratcliffe gets us. The caf will be a much better place in either case.

I might log in just to remind you what United have truly become, the way I do with my city supporting colleagues.

The rest of their lives is pretending black is white, left is right, up is down and all so their favourite football team can win a trophy or two. Some freely admit it's tainted. Deep down, they know. The majority live in the aforementioned universe, though and by God it's sad to witness.

That will be your lot soon enough, whenever the autocratic regime of qatar add United to their portfolio, with your consent.

A sad little world
Lots walked from our fanbase when the Glazers bought us, did you enjoy the fans walking from the club they loved?

The toxic binary nature of this whole thing is surreal.

The idea a nation state enters the free market and buys up parts of another country's heritage is a new departure.

I think it's quite sad that other fans would think holding these concerns is enough to want rid of fellow fans.

It's what sportswashing for political entities winds up doing.

Yawn. Moral FC. United is our escape. I doubt Paul in Stockport gives a crap about any of the UAE atrocities tomorrow night when City potentially go and secure the treble. Unless their titles get stripped it'll only be the people that are high on copium that will say the trophies have been stained. In the real world no one cares about virtue signalling/Moral FC. Football is our escape

How sportswashing work

Reactions: Sultan
Ok then. We as Man Utd fans should just keep our mouth shut and wait for this saga to drag all summer and then we missed out on important signings. We should not voice out our opinion even though we are at risk at not getting ready for next season. Next season is going to be another season wasted. We need to be very efficient this summer in order to challenge in top competition.
We could and should voice our opinions as much as want. It likely won't have an impact, but staying silent definitely won't.

As this interminable process drags on, the one positive is that we still appear to active to a degree in the transfer market.

I might log in just to remind you what United have truly become, the way I do with my city supporting colleagues.

The rest of their lives is pretending black is white, left is right, up is down and all so their favourite football team can win a trophy or two. Some freely admit it's tainted. Deep down, they know. The majority live in the aforementioned universe, though and by God it's sad to witness.

That will be your lot soon enough, whenever the autocratic regime of qatar add United to their portfolio, with your consent.

A sad little world

It's what sportswashing for political entities winds up doing.

How sportswashing work
Manchester United are a cultural symbol for England, a country that has committed every known atrocity to man, if utd can have global fans with no one complaining about how supporting utd is supporting english actions, i think most can live with supporting utd and it not being support for Qatari actions.

Manchester United are a cultural symbol for England, a country that has committed every known atrocity to man, if utd can have global fans with no one complaining about how supporting utd is supporting english actions, i think most can live with supporting utd and it not being support for Qatari actions.

Bore off ffs

If Jassim wins, I hope each and every poster, who in this case promised to be done with the Club and football altogether, fecks off. Same applies to each and every poster who promised to stop supporting the Club in case Ratcliffe gets us. The caf will be a much better place in either case.

Oh don't worry. I will do.

Some things are more important than football. It's why last Saturday hurt so much.

Coupled with a certain someone potentially playing for us again, I'll be finished with the club.

The last game where I'll potentially have any emotional investment will be a cup final defeat against the divs. Depressing

The English government aren't currently buying Manchester United.

And yet this 'preferred' bid of Ratcliffe sits on the table not being accepted as stories leak about what the Qatari's would have to do in order to win.

Are they? And besides normalisation, any other consequences?
Where is it being normalised? What a silly comment. As for the consequences, aside the highlighting of the issues, there are none, just the same as if they didn’t purchase/ invest In things outside the country they govern!

The Glazers.

The problem for the Glazers is that, whereas previously they were taking dividends and undertaking the odd share sale, moving forward there is not much room for manoeuvre.

If they reduce their ownership, selling shares, by even a few percent then they no longer enjoy majority ownership (2/3 of the shares).

Accordingly they don't have many options if they still want to live off United.

We know that, last year, they looked at bringing in equity partners but the terms were not attractive.

However they did see the Chelsea stampede and probably realised that it may be a good time to cash out for an obscene value.

Unfortunately within a few months the whole financial scene has changed and when they mooted the sale there were very few interested parties, and certainly no stampede. Liverpool, an equally attractive jewel in the football world crown, recognised this and decided to withdraw from their sale.

This left the Glazers with very few options and therefore they had to introduce their own
leverage to fire up the willing bidders.

Here, they introduced the narrative that A and J want to remain. The obvious reason for this is so that a bidder who wants full ownership realises that they have to pay over the odds to get rid of these 'club lovers'.

They also introduced an extremely opaque bidding process where nobody knows where they stand or at least nobody other than the Glazers.

However it seems clear that there is definitely a difference of opinion amongst the siblings.

If A and J hang around in the expectation of a greater reward then the other four, who are clearly not stupid, will not want to sell their shares for less knowing that A and J will receive more than a couple of years.

They also must realise that by getting a bidder to pay more in the future is, obviously, the same as them paying less now, so why are they receiving less now surely they would receive more now if the bidder wasn't being forced to pay an OTT sum in the future.

All the parties must know this and that may be one reason it's still being dragged out.

The Glazers have few options. If they keep the club, they may strike lucky with future TV revenue however that is no guarantee and the real money in a European Super League is no longer there. Dividends will be hard to take when the club is in a financial pickle. They have tapped out on share sales and risk losing their majority ownership if they sell too much (also doesn't Woodward own 1% of shares, class A or B?).

Conclusion, I'm guessing that they want a full sale but the leverage isn't quite working for them. The two bidders despite over paying realise that they are both equally close to the right deal the only question is whether one of the parties will either walk away or will simply just trump the other unless the Glazers actually decide.

The shares on the NYSE.

The shares on the exchange seem to be worthless. They only appear to have a speculative value.

If SJR wins then those shares will be sink, literally like parking your money where you receive negative interest. There can be no real movement in those shares for at least a decade. It begs the question as to why anyone would have purchased them. It seems that someone is going to be sued, some serious misrepresentation somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan
The Glazers staying on and the money they could be making in future if club value rises is a hypothetical perk to signal to the other side what their compensation will need to take into account .

In reality I very much doubt the Glazers will want to keep so much capital tied up in an asset for several years that they effectively have no controlling influence over.

The Glazers staying on and the money they could be making in future if club value rises is a hypothetical perk to signal to the other side what their compensation will need to take into account .

In reality I very much doubt the Glazers will want to keep so much capital tied up in an asset for several years that they effectively have no controlling influence over.
Not if the price is already fixed, assuming the reports of put and call are true, the price is already set its just the timing of the sale and whether it will be enough of premium over accepting money right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.