Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People may question the morals of the Qatar bid, but once you've stuck your head so deep in the sand you can already feel the comforting warmth of hell, what's left to lose?

You really don't get it do you? The people who wanted INEOS did so because they don't want human rights abusing murderers owning United where everything we will do will be stained.

Enjoy the stench
Welcome to modern football and modern sport in general mate. That ship has long sailed as zero major institutions have chosen to do anything about it, in fact they've all jumped in bed with the new reality actually.

This isn't a new or shocking developement either. Pandora's box has long been busted open and in the Premier League it was opened 15 years ago and has continiously opened wider so we're at the natural evolution of events now.

One state took a middling club, financially doped it up, and after a decade are on the cusp of winning a treble that the media are fawning besides themselves over. Now a rival state is doing their best to buy the biggest club in the land.

What :lol:

The Athletic article literally only states that at one point these last few months, the Glazers had contacted Al-Khelaifi to see if he can persuide Jassim into increasing his offer.

Guess what, his 5th bid is still lower than Ratcliffe's 3rd one from late April.
That’s not the case as I broke down earlier even the £5.2bn was weighted in a different way with legacy payment values. They are very closely matched and the Glazers clearly believe that if they give exclusivity to Qatar they are more likely to get near to £6bn, this is coming from someone me who prefers SJR bid for a few core reasons, like I said I hate the Glazers so anyone who removes them is ok by me !

I’m struggling to see what exactly camp Jaz are so excited over? Everyone is reporting INEOS are the clear favourites.
Because it’s clear the Glazers would like to sell to Qatar, hence why they went to PSG to try and help. The deal with Ratcliffe has been on the table for ages and no deal? Suspicious.

What :lol:

The Athletic article literally only states that at one point these last few months, the Glazers had contacted Al-Khelaifi to see if he can persuide Jassim into increasing his offer.

Guess what, his 5th bid is still lower than Ratcliffe's 3rd one from late April.
Athletic have reported the 5th bid was a significant bid.
The waiving of the deadline suggests dialogue is happening as we speak since I was told on here that they knew they were beat so were making up excuses to step away today.
Looks like that wasn’t true

You seem like you're in denial here. Read between the lines.

You don't really have to read between the lines here.

You being a conspiracy theorist would explain your behavior in this thread, though. :lol:

Not surprised at all.

Cant believe (yes I can) the sheer audacity and greed of the Glazer cnuts. They have already milked the club for billions whilst running it into the ground. Now they receive an offer of unprecedented levels, worth multiple times what they put in. Rather than accept, they now try to go out through 3rd parties seeing if they can milk even more out of the buyers.

Get. The. feck. Out.

So to me now it seems clear that Qatar haven't been raising their bid by much each time as they probably think they are only bidding against themselves.

They probably don't consider Ratcliffe relevant if the Glazers are practically begging them to up their offer.
Bit odd to think they're bidding against themselves when they reportedly haven't even made the highest bid to this point. If it's a state bid then they will probably (only probably) win because most likely they will keep going, that has always been the case. It isn't a huge change to find out that the Glazer's are seeing if they can push the Qataris up with their bid, that's been clear for months and yet their bids haven't drastically changed to this stage.

Cheer up

You can still see how Jim does with Nice next season I'm sure they'll put up a massive fight for a top half finish. Might even sign Walcott and Welbeck this summer!
:lol: its a slight positive update but not sure how significant it was to the negotiations. How do you think the meeting went?

Because it’s clear the Glazers would like to sell to Qatar, hence why they went to PSG to try and help. The deal with Ratcliffe has been on the table for ages and no deal? Suspicious.

Don't agree with this one bit. The Glazers want to sell for the maximum amount they can get. The buyer matters little to them.

If Jim offered them more money they'd take that offer for sure. Any sane person would.

I’m struggling to see what exactly camp Jaz are so excited over? Everyone is reporting INEOS are the clear favourites.
Of course they are. I don't think that Jassim will raise bid again. Especially after his last two "final" bids were still lower than what Ineos did.

Don't agree with this one bit. The Glazers want to sell for the maximum amount they can get. The buyer matters little to them.

If Jim offered them more money they'd take that offer for sure. Any sane person would.
Jim is being used. isn't that now blindingly obvious?

What have I missed? Are Qatar winning the race all of a sudden?

No.

Jassim was so incompetent the Glazers actually had to go to his handler and ask him to explain how you actually negotiate.

He then returned with another bid, roughly the same as the last one and still lower than the other guy.

Share price up 4% and all. Plus there was some bollocks about things getting messy in the courts if Ratcliffe wins. Always thought Jassim’s bid was bizarre but perhaps they're actually quite confident. Suppose Monday opinions will change again and @DOTA and I will be announcing Big Jim. Again. Ad Infinitum.

Which means there is no 'race'

It's a question of how much they get from Qatar.

Wrong.

It's how much they can get from anyone. If Jim comes back and trumps this latest Qatar bid and Qatar so no more.....the Glazers aren't going to reject Jim's bid are they just because Qatar are out.

They only have loyalty to money.

Jim isn't paying anything more. He is at 2.9b now with Glazers Staying. To do a full sale, he has to double it and I doubt it will happen.

Wrong.

It's how much they can get from anyone. If Jim comes back and trumps this latest Qatar bid and Qatar so no more.....the Glazers aren't going to reject Jim's bid are they just because Qatar are out.

They only have loyalty to money.
Ratcliffe is massively outmatched. There is no 'bidding war'

That's fine but the way it's going maybe in a few years football will not be the sport for you
no doubt, the business already disgusts me in more ways than I can count. I have no idea how people enjoy top clubs being sportwashing toys, but to each their own I guess. I'd just wish for United to not join the ranks, but it looks like this is a losing battle.

I'm incredibly lazy and I refuse to read through twenty new pages of shite. What has changed since yesterday?
A discussion on what is the best pudding. Is mutton/lamb better than beef and pies are a dessert in the US. Oh and the Glazers have gone behind everybodies back to the owner of PSG to give SJ a kick up the backside.

No.

Jassim was so incompetent the Glazers actually had to go to his handler and ask him to explain how you actually negotiate.

He then returned with another bid, roughly the same as the last one and still lower than the other guy.

You guys in are in so deep with this you can't see the woods for the trees.

The conversation with Nasser took place a month ago, by the way. So nothing to do with the recent bid. Reported on BBC website.

Ratcliffe is massively outmatched. There is no 'bidding war'

He's that outmatched we've gone to a 5th round of bidding and it's still not clear Qatar are in the lead. Yeah that makes a load of sense.

Now the Glazers are definitely using interest from two sides to their advantage but I don't think this is as one sided as you think it is. They are definitely trying to raise the price though that's for sure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65860935

Manchester United's owners spoke to Paris St-Germain chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi a month ago in an effort to get Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani to increase his bid for the club.

It is privately being claimed the conversation did not work as the bid for a full takeover was not increased.

He's that outmatched we've gone to a 5th round of bidding and it's still not clear Qatar are in the lead. Yeah that makes a load of sense.

Now the Glazers are definitely using interest from two sides to their advantage but I don't think this is as one sided as you think it is. They are definitely trying to raise the price though that's for sure.
He's irrelevant. Qatar just hasn't agreed on a price with the Glazers yet. He's a stalking horse

Just going to remind you that you all support the same club, and point scoring over which billionaire owns us is gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.