Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the rumours about Musk, and Apple, and whatever in the very beginning? Good times. :lol:
Please, Elon, save us!

Always felt that Mitten and Whitwell aren't keen on Qatar at all,so not surprised they are talking up INEOS being confident. Mind you if he knew about Fergie retirement then could well be right.

He claims he knew. But "I actually knew before anyone else, honestly ask my mum if you don't believe me" seems a dubious claim to be honest.

This is fecking us for next season now. All the positivity around the club of a few months back is disappearing fast.

As I first suspected, the leeches will keep this going and going until they get the highest maximum bid they can get and ultimately feck up our entire summer because it took too long.

This is fecking us for next season now. All the positivity around the club of a few months back is disappearing fast.
It’s just because we lost 2 games and our fan base seems to be populated by over-sensitive entitled man babies. We’ll beat Wolves at the weekend and get an update on the sale process in the next few days and all will be rosey again! ;)

'Preferred bidder' emerging according to numerous sources. If you check these sources, they seem loathe to tell is who is the 'preferred bidder', mind.

Could be pure speculation.

It’s just because we lost 2 games and our fan base seems to be populated by over-sensitive entitled man babies. We’ll beat Wolves at the weekend and get an update on the sale process in the next few days and all will be rosey again! ;)

You're far to kind

Yep. Repeating "big day today" and ironically stating a transfer is going to happen when it's clearly not, is definitely the height of wit
The last really good transfer thread was Thiago's back in 2013. The gifs were sensational.

The usual "INEOS/Qatar are confident" sort of update?

I think we will beat Wolves and scrape top 4, but from the high of an the sale process/winning League Cup/highs of beating Barcelona... I dunno, this season feels like it's petering out. Maybe it's due to understandable tiredness, but I think there's a flatness settling in at a bad time around the club.

I don't know what you are referring to specifically, but Kieran Maguire uses publicly available financial details to compound his opinions and give explanations where necessary. That's what I've seen in his Twitter threads.

I don't know who the bloke in the article is, but he makes a prediction based on his expert opinion that the Glazers will accept the highest offer and Qatar are able to offer the most. And in turn that's what the article is based on.
I listen to his podcast with Kevin Day, and apart from some low level ABU stuff, as far as I can see, most of what he says is based on what he can see and read. He does not like making up scenarios from heresay.

I'm completely baffled by Delaney in all honesty

Does a good job of raising awareness against the middle east which is fair enough but works for a company owned by A Saudi and a Russian oligarch which to me completely condescends his view.

He also praises City to the hilt which is hilarious
The whole media seems to have a complete blind spot to the charges hanging over City and do nothing but laud them to the skies. This merely reinforces my idea that there are no more journalists as such, merely 'reporters' spewing propaganda put out by clubs. Back in the 60's and 70's the press would have been like a pack of wolves over such a story.

He claims he knew. But "I actually knew before anyone else, honestly ask my mum if you don't believe me" seems a dubious claim to be honest.
Exactly. He knew Qatar and Ratcliffe had put a 1st deadline day bid in like all the other reporters out there, then hours later the BBC broke the news that both parties wanted more time to bid. Just liars and guesswork the lot of them. One reports something then 5 mins later they all claim to know as well.

I don't know what you are referring to specifically, but Kieran Maguire uses publicly available financial details to compound his opinions and give explanations where necessary. That's what I've seen in his Twitter threads.

I don't know who the bloke in the article is, but he makes a prediction based on his expert opinion that the Glazers will accept the highest offer and Qatar are able to offer the most. And in turn that's what the article is based on.
Unless I’m misremembering you seemed to have been mocking the source.
These sports finance experts are all the same because they’re all looking at the same data. That’s all I’m saying

this season feels like it's petering out.
Yeah I totally agree. It’s a real shame, would have been great to finish strong in 3rd (still a chance admittedly) and win the EL too, but honestly I think ETH has extracted the maximum from this squad this season. Hopefully we get this sale process over the line soon and then build and upgrade for next season.

The whole media seems to have a complete blind spot to the charges hanging over City and do nothing but laud them to the skies. This merely reinforces my idea that there are no more journalists as such, merely 'reporters' spewing propaganda put out by clubs. Back in the 60's and 70's the press would have been like a pack of wolves over such a story.

They have no choice really; acknowledging the charges whenever City win massively devalues the competition, so it will remain an elephant in the room that is ignored as much as possible until they are eventually found guilty, at which time the media will likely absolutely hammer them (and rightly so).

This thread is even more tedious than the De Jong thread from last summer. At least that thread was funny. :nono:
In fairness we have been ORDERED to keep this thread sensible and all memes and gifs have been OUTLAWED. It’s quite hard to make a debate on morality and human rights entertaining too. Hope we get a good saga this summer, get the muppet juices flowing.

Edit - whoops went all clickbait tabloid there. Sorry about that!

Unless I’m misremembering you seemed to have been mocking the source.
These sports finance experts are all the same because they’re all looking at the same data. That’s all I’m saying

I was mocking it. The article says his prediction is based on his opinion, not data, that the Glazers want the most money and Qatar can give the most. Not exactly a profound insight only able to be gleaned after decades of financial expertise. It was a nothing article.

Glazers still probably trying to squeeze out some more $!!!
They’re parasites of the highest order who couldn’t care less the affect it could have on the 23/24 season preparations

Glazers still probably trying to squeeze out some more $!!!
They’re parasites of the highest order who couldn’t care less the affect it could have on the 23/24 season preparations

They could be planning to stay as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.