Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right in principle however I can see the Glazers forcing a deal were dividends will be paid. Why would the Glazers keep a 20% stake if they don't get anything out of it?
Of course you can. Because you're relentlessly negative. Almost every time you post it's just a misery parade, unless it's about Qatar potentially taking over. If you worried your glass was half full you'd tip a bit out just to be sure.

INEOS must have leaked this info to judge fan reaction.

No bidder who has seen the disdain for the Glazers and recemt protests would go ahead with that offer risking the bad optics of laying in bed with the previous regime that has seen the club crippled in the eyes of the supporters?

Probably gauging the reaction to see if their possible attempt at getting control at all costs would be worth it.

Any United fan would know the reaction to this. No need for leaks. I bet 99% of non-United fans including Chelsea fans would know this.

Of course you can. Because you're relentlessly negative. Almost every time you post it's just a misery parade, unless it's about Qatar potentially taking over. If you worried your glass was half full you'd tip a bit out just to be sure.

My loyalty lies with the club and I have my concerns about Qatar as well but its evident which is the better bid. The only thing SJR brings to the table is this Local BS thing

No it won't they won't be getting dividends and they would be lucky to get much premium over current valuations because whole reason they are getting this high valuation now is because it represents controlling stake in United but once that taken off the table because Ineos already would be majority owners it just doesn't represent much value for perspective buyers unless Ineos themselves put United for Sale again .

The dividends bid is debatable and built around the concept that those greedy bastards will make sure that they will keep on leeching over the club + I don't trust SJR. However the shares thing is not. Even poorly lead clubs such as Newcastle and pre Abu Dhabi City were sold at a huge profit. There's nothing that remotely suggest that United's value won't keep growing in the future

What do you mean? This would be at least a 50.1% bid from INEOS, not a minority stake like Elliott and Carlyle's rumored intentions.
My point was regarding Glazers keeping Minority stake and selling them later for premium , my thinking is Glazers if they stay after selling majority stake to Ineos they won't be getting much higher premium later.

They are getting these high valuations currently is because it represents opportunity for buyers to get controlling stake in United but once that is done why would any body be eager to pay such high premium . Glazers market would even be more limited either Ineos would buy their remaining shares or Glazers would hope that Even Ineos put United back on market otherwise not many investors would be keen to buy Glazers stake for absurd valuations .

You're right in principle however I can see the Glazers forcing a deal were dividends will be paid. Why would the Glazers keep a 20% stake if they don't get anything out of it?

What they get is the potential them shares are worth more in the future.

Glazers aren't clinging on for a few m quid in dividends when their is potential of billions to be made.

You wouldn't pass at 10m to keep hold of 10 quid would you? Their only outlook here is that the 10m becomes 20m

The dividends bid is debatable and built around the concept that those greedy bastards will make sure that they will keep on leeching over the club + I don't trust SJR. However the shares thing is not. Even poorly lead clubs such as Newcastle and pre Abu Dhabi City were sold at a huge profit. There's nothing that remotely suggest that United's value won't keep growing in the future
That's the key point whole Club was sold that's why those valuations if Ineos have no intention to sell United in next 7-10 years Glazers would be stupid to keep Minority stake in hope for greater reward later .

What they get is the potential them shares are worth more in the future.

Glazers aren't clinging on for a few m quid in dividends when their is potential of billions to be made.

You wouldn't pass at 10m to keep hold of 10 quid would you? Their only outlook here is that the 10m becomes 20m

From what I seen so far, the Glazers would want both the 10m and the 10 quid. I also have no guarantee that SJR won't get dividends himself. INEOS has lied to NICE and Lausanne fans + he also gave the impression he would want the Glazer out only to backtrack on that as well

That's the key point whole Club was sold that's why those valuations if Ineos have no intention to sell United in next 7-10 years Glazers would be stupid to keep Minority stake in hope for greater reward later .

They can still sell the minority stake and there's no guarantee that SJR wouldn't sell the club either. The guy is also 70, he had taken fans for a ride before. In 10 years time he'll probably kick the bucket and then INEOS would probably sell.

They can still sell the minority stake and there's no guarantee that SJR wouldn't sell the club either. The guy is also 70, he had taken fans for a ride before. In 10 years time he'll probably kick the bucket and then INEOS would probably sell.
With this I completely I agree .

And why would anybody be eager to pay high premium for that when they can't get controlling stake or any decision making power .

INEOS promised NICE fans regular CL qualification and Lausanne fans European football. Neither clubs are anywhere near to that. What makes you think that SJR would keep his promise of not selling the club for a profit in the future? What makes you think that after he kicks the bucket INEOS won't sell?

Eyy, it's almost as if the people who called Ratcliffe just another Glazer actually know what they are talking about. But I can see his staunch defender accounts are already on with the mental gymnastics. :lol:

This club is fecked. Whatever, man.

INEOS promised NICE fans regular CL qualification and Lausanne fans European football. Neither clubs are anywhere near to that. What makes you think that SJR would keep his promise of not selling the club for a profit in the future? What makes you think that after he kicks the bucket INEOS won't sell?
You missed my other post I actually agree with all this and this very well could be the reason Glazers stay with minority stake hoping 10 years down the Line Club could once again be on the Market .

You missed my other post I actually agree with all this and this very well could be the reason Glazers stay with minority stake hoping 10 years down the Line Club could once again be on the Market .

I think that we posted it at the same time so by the time you posted I had already posted mine. In reality I don't trust neither the Glazers nor SJR. They both have a woeful reputation in terms of running football clubs and quite frankly there's little in SJR bid that I like

Eyy, it's almost as if the people who called Ratcliffe just another Glazer actually know what they are talking about. But I can see his staunch defender accounts are already on with the mental gymnastics. :lol:

I myself thought he was better then the Glazers. I guess I was mistaken

United fans want glazers to be gone because of
1. Loan on the club, Loan Interest paid out of the club
2. Long overdue Old Trafford improvements
3. Dividends taken out by Glazers

So now Ineos will overpay glazers and only point 3 will be over(provided Ineos doesn’t do the same). Ineos said they won’t payback the loan but will not take more loan in the club for takeover. Is that statement true for the stadium rebuild as well? Do Ineos have another 1-1.5 billion for Old Trafford improvement? In the process of paying for the Stadium rebuild, can they still pay for player transfers?

Ownership transfer from glazers to Ineos(that too with Glazers having 20% stake) seems like straight out of frying pan to fire. PL should ban the takeover if Ineos doesn’t have money for stadium rebuild without another loan.

I get the anti Qatar stance but some of y’all would prefer the club implodes to Qatar and that’s fecked up

For me, Manchester United becoming an oil club, a tool used for sportswashing would be way worse than anything and I'm pretty disappointed in how the fan base has reacted to the takeover news these last few months.

You comparing Qatar not getting their hands on United to the club imploding is hilarious and shows how efficiently sportswashing really works.

Of course its true. EPL clubs had seen an increase in their worth throughout the years irrespective of how badly they were managed (ex Newcastle or pre Abu Dhabi City). Joel/Avram want to keep their stake knowing that in few years time they can cash in and make more money

You are assuming that 20% stake will be worth a lot more in the future by magic.

As we had assumed previously, why would Ratcliffe make serious investments into a club/company that it owns only barely 51+%?

So will the value of United increase if not for serious investment?

Ratcliffe doesn't have some magic formula that can increase the value of an asset without any investment. Otherwise, he needs to be teaching in all the top business schools around the world.

If the Glazers are smart they will realise this and accept the bird-in-hand scenario they are in -- and that Ratcliffe's just trying to pull a fast one.

Pretty much yeah. The stench of state ownership means little/nothing to him and others.

Very true. It wont be the same people, but I think the problem with PSG isnt necessarily the individuals - its the culture they’ve tried to create at the club. Glitz, glamour, big names and big cheques which in my opinion has resulted in a toxic level of player power.

I think a lot of online fans love seeing us linked with Neymar, Mbappe etc. Personally that doesnt excite me at all.

I guess it depends on what kind of fans Jasmin is that will determine how we’ll be run.
Maybe the glitz and glamour stuff is precisely because it is Paris, Manchester is an industrial town in the north of England.

Jassim seem to want to do things properly. No more debt and full ownership that will pave the way to heavy investment. No one likes to invest his own money to prop third party shares.

We know what ineos is all about. Just look at the sorry state nice and lausanne are in
Oh what a stand up guy. He wants to buy 100% of the club because it's the right and proper thing to do. Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he has effectively unlimited funds and a partial purchase would make zero sense from that perspective.

Meanwhile, in the real world which the rest of us inhabit...

Of course its true. EPL clubs had seen an increase in their worth throughout the years irrespective of how badly they were managed (ex Newcastle or pre Abu Dhabi City). Joel/Avram want to keep their stake knowing that in few years time they can cash in and make more money
That is a very questionable statement, yes utd might grow in value but there is also a good chance the leeches get no real gain from this. Remember right now they aren't just selling shares, they are giving up control. Without the control premium, the shares would be worth similar to what club is trading at, thats the reason minority stake sale idea was DOA, the shares aren't really worth much without control.

You are assuming that 20% stake will be worth a lot more in the future by magic.

As we had assumed previously, why would Ratcliffe make serious investments into a club/company that it owns only barely 51+%?

So will the value of United increase if not for serious investment?

Ratcliffe doesn't have some magic formula that can increase the value of an asset without any investment. Otherwise, he needs to be teaching in all the top business schools around the world.

If the Glazers are smart they will realise this and accept the bird-in-hand scenario they are in -- and that Ratcliffe's just trying to pull a fast one.

In 2007 Ashley bought most of Newcastle for 189m. He sold it to the Saudis for 305m. Thaksin made a profit on City as well. EPL club's worth keeps growing despite the way they are run

Oh what a stand up guy. He wants to buy 100% of the club because it's the right and proper thing to do. Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he has effectively unlimited funds and a partial purchase would make zero sense from that perspective.

Meanwhile, in the real world which the rest of us inhabit...

I don't care less what sort of guy he is. As said before my loyalty lie with United and his is the superior bid so far. Ratcliffe's bid at Chelsea was far better then the one with United.

The question for me is will we have anything to spend in the summer? Will we be able to continue the much needed investment for the overhaul of the club if there is uncertainty over the ownership?

It looks certain that if we are to have new owners it won't be concluded before pre-season. If the club is sold to the Qataris then expect many weeks, possibly months and months, of negotiating as the PL will be under extreme scrutiny from both sides of the debate.

More pressingly it looks like any deal is still just a remote possibility at this stage.

United fans want glazers to be gone because of
1. Loan on the club, Loan Interest paid out of the club
2. Long overdue Old Trafford improvements
3. Dividends taken out by Glazers

So now Ineos will overpay glazers and only point 3 will be over(provided Ineos doesn’t do the same). Ineos said they won’t payback the loan but will not take more loan in the club for takeover. Is that statement true for the stadium rebuild as well? Do Ineos have another 1-1.5 billion for Old Trafford improvement? In the process of paying for the Stadium rebuild, can they still pay for player transfers?

Ownership transfer from glazers to Ineos(that too with Glazers having 20% stake) seems like straight out of frying pan to fire. PL should ban the takeover if Ineos doesn’t have money for stadium rebuild without another loan.
Well
They definitely have £1-1.5bn for the stadium because that’s the amount they would be paying for Joel snd Avram if both brothers were being bought out with the other 4 siblings, this suits all parties.

In 2007 Ashley bought most of Newcastle for 189m. He sold it to the Saudis for 305m. Thaksin made a profit on City as well. EPL club's worth keeps growing despite the way they are run

I doubt if the Glazers are looking at that sort of returns (like Ashley's 120+ million.) Their expectations are much much higher.

But will the more limited resources of Ratcliffe be enough to meet their financial ambitions say in 10 years time?

For me, Manchester United becoming an oil club, a tool used for sportswashing would be way worse than anything and I'm pretty disappointed in how the fan base has reacted to the takeover news these last few months.

You comparing Qatar not getting their hands on United to the club imploding is hilarious and shows how efficiently sportswashing really works.
Pretty much yeah. The stench of state ownership means little/nothing to him and others.

Show some the money and the rest ceases to matter.

Based on what evidence? You seem to be under the misapprehension that everyone speaking against the pro-Qatar bots spamming 'wow look at Ratcliffe new he was no better than the Glazier leaches. We need them entirely out and every surface they've touched burned and nothing less will do' thinks Ratcliffe is a ticket to definite glory or some rags to riches homecoming story. I don't think anyone does, just rather that than state ownership. The pro Qatar folks seem to have set up this bizarre straw man saying that United will crumble if Ratcliffe takes over. In reality most of them want MONEY AND PLAYERS AND TITLES DADDY AND I WANT THEM NOW!

So you haven't even bothered to dive deeper into this news, just dismissed everything after reading the title?
It’s been 20 years of Glazers out and you’re trying to downplay it like this?
Does the article say Glazers out or not?

The key word here is hitting the Glazer valuation, in other words if SJR offers to buy 51% of the club but his bid for the club is only now £5.2bn and SJR wants to buy 100% of the club with the 69% being bought first at £4.24bn because he values the full club tab£6bn then they sell, SJR last throw of the dice loses. However if this is his way of offering £6bn as well he wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.