Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t wait until all of this is over just so I don’t have to see Ben Jacob’s annoying face again.

You do realize that the Glazers themselves choose if/when/how the club is sold right? If they don't want to sell to Ratcliffe they tell him to feck off. Ratcliffe doesn't have the power here. They set the structure of this deal, it's up to Qatar or Ratcliffe to agree to their demands if they want the club.
You are correct, but Ineos isn’t so desperate to buy the club that they agree a poor deal. They have the power to walk away and tell the Glazers to feck themselves.

Another way to look at this is that Ratcliffe is seemingly more determined to take over the club and is willing to adapt in order to do so.

If Qatar are genuinely refusing to accept nothing but full 100% ownership, then they're putting themselves at a disadvantage given they would have to get all 6 Glazers to sell as well as the A share holders. Which currently seems to be quite a large hurdle to overcome.

Another way to look at this is that Ratcliffe is seemingly more determined to take over the club and is willing to adapt in order to do so.

If Qatar are genuinely refusing to accept nothing but full 100% ownership, then they're putting themselves at a disadvantage given they would have to get all 6 Glazers to sell as well as the A share holders. Which currently seems to be quite a large hurdle to overcome.
Not necessarily they only need to get the 6 glazers siblings to agree to sell their controlling shares first. If they were to offer £6bn which is what it will take now then initially they have to pay £4.14bn which is paid to all 6 Glazers in shares allocated, so for example Joel and Avram own 23% of those voting Shares that would be £1.4bn or £850,000 to Joel and £550m to Avram. The rest of the publicly listed shares could be bought at a later date as the company is registered in the camen islands so they would send out an offer of the agreed share price and then buy up the remaining shares making the club privately owned and no longer Listed on NYSE.

If Ineos only offer £5.4bn with the caveat of Joel and Avram can stay on the board and retain 20% voting rights but only 18% of the actual club, keeping it still on the NYSE all be it under new ownership majority, but with the two brothers keeping their equity in the hope that in 7-10 years the club could be worth £10bn and they would now earn £1.8bn or £1.1bn for Joel and £700m for Avram, they would probably agree to SJR, the issue is would their 4 other siblings agree who could stand to potentially lose £400m if SJ increases his bid as their offer from SJR to buy out their shares would be £3.2bn to buy out 69% however he is now only wanting to buy out 46% as the other two are reinvesting their equity into the new company. So SJR would offer £2.4.bn to the other 4 siblings and this would be not to their liking as they have probably been offered much more from SJ.

Again if the final bids are close SJR wins, and keeps the two parasites who will turn up for the odd board meeting, wanting to have an active role in the hand over process and telling the fans how much they love the club. They can still take dividends and this will be the part that divides the fans with SJR new ownership. The only thing is he probably genuinely loves the club but that isn’t his motivation for this, don’t be shocked if you see some of Carrington training complex dug up and Fracking takes place in two years being used to finance a new stadium or so we will be told.

Wow, I Thought SJR and tons of debt was possible, but now it is SJR, tons of debt, annnd the Glazers stay?!? Get out!!

Sir Jim must be pretty desperate if he's resorting to this tactic

he must be certain he's getting out bid in the final round

For sure. It's his Hail Mary pass.

Bird in hand (thru Jassim) or whether the Glazers think this budget approach by Ratcliffe can maximise future potential profits aka greed.

If they wanted that they’d finance it themselves. Having a non controlling share simply wouldn’t appeal to them from what we know of the scum

How would that work with INEOS ownership and the two rats remaining? Would the two nepo babies still be picking up dividends from Jim's pocket? Because they don't want to stay for the love of the club.

From all reports about those two wanting to stay, is because they believe their is more value to be gained from the club in the future. I don't think they really care about decision making, they will reap their dividends, not worry about debt repayments and when Mr Brexit builds a new stadium, when 3pm games can be shown on TV and Premier League launches their own streaming service.. Then they will make even more bank out of this club.

This latest deal from Sir Jim is such a bad idea somehow it’s worse than the glazers maintaining majority stake.

- Debt to buy club
- Original debt stays
- Glazers stay
- SJR needs significant funds on top of buying funds for less stake in the club

What a mess, can’t be allowed to happen.

Plus would Ratcliffe be investing huge amounts of $$ including stadium upgrades or a new stadium when he doesnt own 100% of United?

I've yet to understand what's attractive about Ineos bid. They will still buy us in debt, they have no clue about football as shown by lausanne and Nice and now they will keep the Glazers at OT. Ratcliffe is sounding more and more like Malcolm G lovechild from a British mother

I just find it most likely that this is negotiation and these two are in fact quite happy to sell but are more confident than their siblings that there's a bit more room for improvement on the Qatari end.

The Qatari can test the two remaining bros' love for United by giving them some access/equity to some United-related Qatari property projects.

I've yet to understand what's attractive about Ineos bid. They will still buy us in debt, they have no clue about football as shown by lausanne and Nice and now they will keep the Glazers at OT. Ratcliffe is sounding more and more like Malcolm G lovechild from a British mother

It's the romantics in many of them -- United being owned by a local lad who has come good. One of their own, someone like them so therefore more trustworthy.

And the fact that the Qataris apparently are the worst people in the world -- a combo of Pol Pot, Hitler and Stalin.

It's the romantics in many of them -- United being owned by a local lad who has come good. One fo their own, someone like them so therefore more trustworthy.

And the fact that the Qataris apparently are the worst people in the world -- a combo of Pol Pot, Hitler and Stalin.

Suddenly debt + sleeping with the Glazers and Goldman sachs isn’t that bad. I swear that there are people out there who wouldn't mind SJR screwing their wife and daughters because....Well....local and all

If the Qataris offer more than Ratcliff, why would the part of the family that want to sell would accept less money so that their uncles can stay? For a minority share to work it has to still be the highest bid, and I find it unlikely that anyone will outbid the Qataris.

If the Qataris offer more than Ratcliff, why would the part of the family that want to sell would accept less money so that their uncles can stay? For a minority share to work it has to still be the highest bid, and I find it unlikely that anyone will outbid the Qataris.

Jimmy Brexit doesn't need to buy joel/avram shares. Thus all money will be spent on the rest.

Last edited:

Good point. The Qatari state's "we want to buy 100% of the club" schtick may be working against them.

Good point. The Qatari state's "we want to buy 100% of the club" schtick may be working against them.

Jassim seem to want to do things properly. No more debt and full ownership that will pave the way to heavy investment. No one likes to invest his own money to prop third party shares.

We know what ineos is all about. Just look at the sorry state nice and lausanne are in

I was speaking about this today and I think this is one last leech from these fellas. If they stay on one more year, they have the convenient excuse of FFP to not spend, while getting millions for champions league qualification and a decent league finish.

I was speaking about this today and I think this is one last leech from these fellas. If they stay on one more year, they have the convenient excuse of FFP to not spend, while getting millions for champions league qualification and a decent league finish.

If the Glazers stay on, it will be for the next 5-10 years at least.

Jassim seem to want to do things properly. No more debt and full ownership that will pave the way to heavy investment. No one likes to invest his own money to prop third party shares.

We know what ineos is all about. Just look at the sorry state nice and lausanne are in

What would Jassim know about doing anything properly? He's a young rich kid of privilige whose Dad and the Qatari state are seeking to buy him one of the world's biggest football clubs.

What would Jassim know about doing anything properly? He's a young rich kid of privilige whose Dad and the Qatari state are seeking to buy him one of the world's biggest football clubs.

Buying the club, getting it rid of the Glazers and the debt and investing heavily on infrastructure does sound doing things properly to me.

If having debt and keeping the Glazers in isn't that bad then why do many protest against them?

I think the Glazers will prefer to stay on and continue to leech for more years with Ratcliffe taking the brunt of the responsibility if things don't go well - suits them perfectly.

I most definitely prefer a 100% sale to this.

Buying the club, getting it rid of the Glazers and the debt and investing heavily on infrastructure does sound doing things properly to me.

If having debt and keeping the Glazers in isn't that bad then why do many protest against them?

I'm talking about Jassim's experience of running a club, not the bid itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.