Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically I think he bears more than a passing resemblance to this guy.
b338bca3bde115ed2c2f409f69866b237225dc0c.jpeg

This is getting too close to Nazi propaganda for my liking…

As someone who wants Qatar as owners but is also a trader, I can confirm the guy tweeting is talking absolute bollocks. His explanation of the price action makes zero sense in trying to correlate it to Qatar being the owners.

Sheikh Jassim kinda looks like a Middle Eastern Seth Rogen.

One of them likes being stoned, and the other likes stoning :p Ayyyy I’m here all week

As someone who wants Qatar as owners but is also a trader, I can confirm the guy tweeting is talking absolute bollocks. His explanation of the price action makes zero sense in trying to correlate it to Qatar being the owners.
Thanks!

Isn't all media and things heavily censored by the state though?
I imagine so but that's different to state control.

Sounds like they like to test the line of what they can and can't say.

Social issues such as alcohol, dress codes and other cultural issues often generate the most popularity in terms of visitors and comments. Criticism has been leveled by nationals who allege that the content disproportionately focuses on the negative aspects of Qatar. A commenting policy and stricter moderation of comments was introduced after the comments section witnessed an increase in offensive remarks.

I'm pretty sure they would object to journalists spreading lies about them
Not if it acts as positive PR for the bid. Qatar are seen to be winning the contest, because they are rich and powerful even though their offer was technically less than the other guy. It’s free promotion and it’s being picked up all over the world seemingly. The only thing worse would be nobody talking about them at all.

Isn't all media and things heavily censored by the state though?
If it's being published from the US, then the state wouldn't be able to censor it except to their own people.

(Unless it is Americans living in Qatar that run it, in which case I don't know...perhaps they give more leeway to American citizens).

If it's being published from the US, then the state wouldn't be able to censor it except to their own people.

(Unless it is Americans living in Qatar that run it, in which case I don't know...perhaps they give more leeway to American citizens).
That's my belief based on my very brief investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.