Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrespective of keeping or dismissing the manager they have shown themselves incompetent in the handling of the situation.

I was adamant Erik should be leaving and my opinion hasn't changed but I look at him more favorably given the way the hierarchy have handled the whole situation it's an absolute embarrassment. You'll find better leadership in start ups compared to this massive private entity.

Stated on repeat occasions that INEOS still need to prove themselves no different to a new signing, regardless of reputation or public perception the hierarchy still need to get everything over the line for United to be successful again.

Whereas what's contrasted is a set of events between interviewing / contacting various managers and not using a determined decision to begin that process from but having an impulsive dip your toe in the water approach to come to a critical decision.

As stated keeping the manager and giving him a newer contract is the right decision but it's come at the back of a disastrous procedure.

Absolutely pathetic, as others have stated they need to deliver in the market as a minimal benchmark.

Irrespective of keeping or dismissing the manager they have shown themselves incompetent in the handling of the situation.

I was adamant Erik should be leaving and my opinion hasn't changed but I look at him more favorably given the way the hierarchy have handled the whole situation it's an absolute embarrassment. You'll find better leadership in start ups compared to this massive private entity.

Stated on repeat occasions that INEOS still need to prove themselves no different to a new signing, regardless of reputation or public perception the hierarchy still need to get everything over the line for United to be successful again.

Whereas what's contrasted is a set of events between interviewing / contacting various managers and not using a determined decision to begin that process from but having an impulsive dip your toe in the water approach to come to a critical decision.

As stated keeping the manager and giving him a newer contract is the right decision but it's come at the back of a disastrous procedure.

Absolutely pathetic, as others have stated they need to deliver in the market as a minimal benchmark.
Unlike a new signing they need to be given a feck ton more time before we actually start throwing our toys out the pram.

Dreadful start. Complicated reviews and utter bull****. And for what. Jason Wilcox? Who the hell is he?

No other big, successful club would take such a decision. To reward dreadful, dreadful performance.

Manchester United Football Club is now dependent upon fit players. Sir Matt, SAF..never had injuries right?

Pep, Klopp... never had to deal with injuries, right.

This decision makes us a complete and utter laughing stock. Only those without real ambition would endorse such a decision. Shocking. Absolutely shocking.

Unlike a new signing they need to be given a feck ton more time before we actually start throwing our toys out the pram.

By admission of Ratcliffe's own standards he notioned 36 months for United to challenge for the league. I think it's perfectly reasonable to hold him to that expectation.

It's not like United need to endure a rags to riches telemetry, the club was recently announced as the most prestigious in valuation.

Ratcliffe has also already hired sought after individuals off the clubs reputation, if INEOS make the right decisions it doesn't take much to change fortunes. Hierarchical leadership or change management is one of the quickest ways to transition a failing landscape, look how impactful it is in things like private equity.

They assessed four other candidates and ten Hag came out on top.

that's one way of looking at it

the other being none of the others were any good so we'll keep ETH until someone decent comes along

It's what, two and a half weeks since the season ended? The squad and Ten Hag went on holidays, the club met with candidates to test the waters and see if there were any candidates better than what we have, and didn't find one. They can't simply invent candidates that aren't there.

The fact there was a review at all, has shown Ten Hag that finishing 8th was unnacceptable, and he'll go into this summer and the new season knowing that if there had been an outstanding candidate to replace him, he'd be out of the job.

He returned from holiday on Monday, and on Tuesday it is confirmed he is staying. Where's the drama? 18 days (11 working) is not an unreasonable length of time.

I get why the media are so hellbent on turning everything United into a drama and a circus, but I can't for the life of me figure out why so many of you are constantly so determined to wet the bed on their behalf. Following this club is a hell of a lot less stressful when you treat every non-official piece of reporting you read or hear as bollocks until it is proved otherwise.

Stop letting shite journalists and twitter personalities decide what you should be upset about.

It's what, two and a half weeks since the season ended? The squad and Ten Hag went on holidays, the club met with candidates to test the waters and see if there were any candidates better than what we have, and didn't find one. They can't simply invent candidates that aren't there.

The fact there was a review at all, has shown Ten Hag that finishing 8th was unnacceptable, and he'll go into this summer and the new season knowing that if there had been an outstanding candidate to replace him, he'd be out of the job.

He returned from holiday on Monday, and on Tuesday it is confirmed he is staying. Where's the drama? 18 days (11 working) is not an unreasonable length of time.

I get why the media are so hellbent on turning everything United into a drama and a circus, but I can't for the life of me figure out why so many of you are constantly so determined to wet the bed on their behalf. Following this club is a hell of a lot less stressful when you treat every non-official piece of reporting you read or hear as bollocks until it is proved otherwise.

Stop letting shite journalists and twitter personalities decide what you should be upset about.

It's the caf, dramatic behaviour is par for the course.

If we’re seeing similar performances and results to last season come October, they better not hesitate to pull the trigger on ETH.

Saving the season by appointing a new manager 2-3 months into a season before shit hits the fan seems to be a foreign concept at United, despite there being countless examples from other clubs out there.

4 good signings and we will have a chance to play good football . Now that the manager focus has died down , it's going to flip back to player speculation .

It will be interesting to see how much truth there is in who is for sale . We need to generate some cash .

All the reports from Tier 1 journalists about us spending the weekend heavily pursuing Tuchel, then just a few days later we announce Ten Hag's staying. Definitely makes it seem like Tuchel turned us down.

Just my own speculation but Tuchel's never been shy about blowing things up over a lack of spending.

I think we might be in our austerity era (again).

Fits with the non-stop 'United really, really, WANT to spend (promise) but PSR/FFP :( etc etc. Maybe in a few years time. Anyway Varane's contract is gone but don't worry there's some big talents from the academy to replace him!' from Simon Stone et al

Exactly. I really hope that if things go sour they don’t hesitate to sack him. The pool of available managers was underwhelming at best so I can understand why they stuck with EtH, at least for the time being.

Exactly. I really hope that if things go sour they don’t hesitate to sack him. The pool of available managers was underwhelming at best so I can understand why they stuck with EtH, at least for the time being.

Yeah hopefully the pool of options is better next time we are looking to appoint a manager

Very surprised with this decision and a bit worried about their capabilities - can’t shake this whole regard Southate highly thing that pretty much every media outlets seems to confirm. But this summer will truly be their first big test - we need to see a clear improvement in our how we operate in the market and any missteps here can set us back again whereas a great window can begins laying the platform for our ascension.

Again a reporter said they rate Southgate as he has a good relationship Briansworth. Sure it was that boredom generator Ogden but it’s been echoed by many and it smacks of incompetence and the referral instead of merit culture we had under the Glazers. Imagine responding to the Pep and Klopp period of our rivals doing well with… Gareth Southgate.

The bit Keegan reported about “fan sentiment” being heavily weighed in the decision is fecking damning for the future if that’s true (no this isn’t an ETH post)
Agreed - if they're going to take fan sentiment into serious consideration, they'll effectively be no different than Woodward with their decision-making.

Again a reporter said they rate Southgate as he has a good relationship Briansworth. Sure it was that boredom generator Ogden but it’s been echoed by many and it smacks of incompetence and the referral instead of merit culture we had under the Glazers. Imagine responding to the Pep and Klopp period of our rivals doing well with… Gareth Southgate.

I think it's just couple of useless one pushing Southgate news.

Big ones like Ornstein didn't mention him even once.

Agreed - if they're going to take fan sentiment into serious consideration, they'll effectively be no different than Woodward with their decision-making.

Pretty much. I’m praying it isn’t true, as the one thing I was looking forward to with them hiring all of these big time executives was some logical and ruthless decision making that wasn’t swayed by a fickle crowd of idiots (all of us)

I don't think it's fan sentiment alone, ten hag had players support too, even with terrible results he didn't lose dressing room.

So he won 2 cups, fan backing, player backing. Maybe that's what helped them to make decision, to add to that not able to agree with managers like Tuchel, other choices not that good.

Also this decision will give more time for new management which includes Ashworth to review the position and make decision.

Looking at available candidates, not sure what people were wanting. Once Poch and Tuchel apparently turned us down and they are not ideal candidates either, what is left. The United job is not an attractive proposition at the moment. Now it will be up to INEOS and ETH to get us back on track. Let's hope for good signings, the correct signings and less bloody injuries. If they are discussing a new contract, prolong the talks a bit so we can see what sort of start we get to the season.

After Southgate said that he will resign if England don't win Euro, i expected this. They will give Erik few more months, sack him in October and hire Southgate who is their biggest wish.

Common sense decision. Bringing in a prick like Tuchel or a loser like Pochettino would have been a dismal start to life at Old Trafford.

Brexit Jim and the gang are terrible at the media, mind. The whole process has been very undignified, regardless of your thoughts on Ten Hag.

I have a nagging doubt that some of these blokes are idiots. The Southgate PR is worrying.

After Southgate said that he will resign if England don't win Euro, i expected this. They will give Erik few more months, sack him in October and hire Southgate who is their biggest wish.

I hope this stupid myth dies.

If they have made this decision due to fans goodwill recruiting Southgate would be a sure way to lose it, especially if England fail badly at the Euros. Although apparently the England players are begging him to stay so maybe he will listen to them.

I think it's a fair decision, certainly they could have made far worse decisions (Tuchel, Southgate, Frank).

Now let's see if they back their managerial choice financially. Somehow I'm far less confident on that part.

I can't believe the drama queens on this forum.

Compared to the market, ETH was the best choice. The board did their review and came to the same conclusion. He will likely get a new deal and im sure there are going to be dismissal terms in our favour due to the performance this past season.

Football moves very quickly, and like our rivals Liverpool did in 2015, they didn't just replace Rodgers with a like-for-like replacement, but they actually made sure they were ready to pounce when the correct manager became available. And from memory, they got Klopp in October.

For all we know, we could do an Arsenal and come October we have started the season very strong after they finished 8th and their manager was given an extension. Or we could do a Liverpool, and after a bad start we could be looking at a different manager market. Managers such as Nagelsmann could be become available after the Euros and so there might be a better choice available to us.

Oh and the Southgate rumours, literally none of the best United journos even mentioned him. Only tier 2 & 3 journalists said we were interested. People just fell for the click bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.