Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised that after doing a ton of briefings about how there would need to be patience, the media and fans instantly have no patience with the INEOS leadership.

Standard.

This is now officially bonkers and reflects really badly on the new group. The decision process should have centred on ten Hag in/out first. The rest later. Sounding out candidates and interviewing before firing ten Hag is a joke. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were trying get him to resign without having to pay quite as much.
Not just that. If EtH stays. Do we have his undivided loyalty, will the players respect him? How does it reflect on players we might try to sign. Take Bellingham/Halaand, these players have families who proper look out for them and assess the club they are joining. I’m guessing it will become a more common theme as gen x and older millennial parents start reducing dependency on agents for their children’s futures and start taking a more active role in managing their kids careers.

Not just that. If EtH stays. Do we have his undivided loyalty, will the players respect him? How does it reflect on players we might try to sign. Take Bellingham/Halaand, these players have families who proper look out for them and assess the club they are joining. I’m guessing it will become a more common theme as gen x and older millennial parents start reducing dependency on agents for their children’s futures and start taking a more active role in managing their kids careers.

There will be no doubt who is boss if he stays in charge. INEOS and Ten Hag will make sure the players know, he is in charge.

Alot of players have their families as agents not just those two. Not every player is their calibre either, so sometimes you have to take your choice.

I'm not surprised that after doing a ton of briefings about how there would need to be patience, the media and fans instantly have no patience with the INEOS leadership.

Standard.

Not remotely comparable. Everyone agrees we need to have patience in the grand scheme of overhauling/rebuilding the club to former glory. And I'd say our fan base is more than happy to oblige (I mean half of supporters are willing to keep the guy that guy 8th in the league this year in the name of patience). But there's a difference between being patient with a long term plan, and getting annoyed at pointless dithering and deliberation over a single decision that they've had months to evaluate and come to a conclusion. ESPECIALLY when it seems all of our transfer plans are having to be put on the backburner until they make up their fecking minds. It reeks of the similar issues we had with decision making under the Glazers, and many are getting PTSD after being told that INEOS would be far different and be efficient decision makers running the club. This is their first test and so far they are failing

There will be no doubt who is boss if he stays in charge. INEOS and Ten Hag will make sure the players know, he is in charge.

Alot of players have their families as agents not just those two. Not every player is their calibre either, so sometimes you have to take your choice.
People are people. If a man/woman publicly flirts and courts with others despite having a wife /husband. The partner will always be undermined no matter what show of solidarity they make

People are people. If a man/woman publicly flirts and courts with others despite having a wife /husband. The partner will always be undermined no matter what show of solidarity they make

You what? I think a lot of people are conflating their own emotions with how this actually works in the world of football.

All that's happened so far is this: New owners have come in, hiring lots of their own guys, didn't hire the current guy, appreciate what the current guy has done but want to discuss whether he's the guy they want to work with going forward, current guy wants to stay but waiting to see what they decide, current guy might not necessarily like it, but nobody gets everything they want from the place they're employed by.

If I was a footballer in that team right now it wouldn't affect how I felt about the club/manager at all. These are guys who understand they could be asked to leave a club they love at any moment, or who would push hard to go somewhere they'd earn more money or win more trophies. Sure, some of them might be more sensitive to it, one way or another depending on how they feel about the manager, but when the season starts they'll just get on with it.

Standard.
This isn't a case of patience, it's a case of very poor decision making as time here matters. You don't sit in mid June without knowing who's going to manage next season, and leaving the option open to keep the current manager while interviewing others. This undermines ETH big time going into next season should he stay. They had plenty of time to make a critical decision, and it should've been made much sooner.

This isn't a case of patience, it's a case of very poor decision making as time here matters. You don't sit in mid June without knowing who's going to manage next season, and leaving the option open to keep the current manager while interviewing others. This undermines ETH big time going into next season should he stay. They had plenty of time to make a critical decision, and it should've been made much sooner.

Does it really undermine him? Let's be honest, he's probably gone. They just want to get the next guy lined up and they're taking they're time with it.

If the breaking news that Erik is staying ive lost all confidence in INEOS, to drag the review out this long while interviewing other managers and then decide not only to keep him but to offer him a new contract as well is ridiculous.

Ornstein said hel negotiate a contract extention too?

Ornstein said hel negotiate a contract extention too?

That much was obvious if he was going to stay. We’re not gonna send our manager into the new season with just a year left in his contract.

Pathetic decision, handled in a shambolic manner.

OGS after the Europa embarrassment all over again. We've literally become the Arsenal of Manchester.

Less a case of lack of patience and more a case of some people turning a blind eye to clear and obvious red flags. Does that mean this is the way it will always be and INEOS are doomed to fail and won’t learn from this? Obviously not. As we’ve seen from City, or Roman before etc all the owners made early mistakes. Although granted it was mostly with rash and hasty signings to bridge the gap and not quite like this.

But the worse thing fans can do is give INEOS a free pass, when it’s obvious across the entire football world they’ve acted rather amateurishly.

We need to stop acting like our choices were Ancelotti or Alonso to replace him. The only names mentioned with any consistency were Tuchel, Poch, De zerbi, Southgate.

When the first two are ruled out, i don't understand whom people wanted to come in? You want ETH sacked but don't want Southgate. So what...just take a punt on De Zerbi because he's there and you want vengence?

We need better options than ETH, not just pick the easiest option because "i need to feel good about someone getting the sack"

Last edited:
Well the big question now is are the owners going to back a manager in the transfer window that they wanted to replace.
Yes because their plans for transfers are irrespective of who is in the managerial seat. The days of building a squad around one manager are gone.

I've always wanted him to stay.
But I could absolutely see the argument for him to leave and I was obviously told he would.

Ultimately an interesting decision from INEOS.

Obviously my sources turned out to be completely out of the loop and I'm.sure well have a good laugh about it.

I of course can take my ribbing graciously.

Happy that a decision seems to have been made. And reasonably happy to stick with ETH, really, given the underwhelming alternatives.

The 'extended contract' part depends on how long for. If it's just taking up the option of the fourth year from the original deal then that makes sense - to give ETH a bit more security than just being in his final year. However, if it's an actual new, even longer term deal, then that seems unnecessary given ETH is still yet to fully prove himself either way (hence the review and considering other options).

Status
Not open for further replies.