CL Semi-Finals 13/14 - April 22,23,29,30

Chelsea were violated in the 2nd half it wasn't even close. The 1st half was dire until the goals but the 2nd half was all atletico. They were brilliant.

Atletico's goal at the end of the 1st half changed everything. I think Chelsea would have won had they gone into halftime with the lead. Once Chelsea had to chase the game, it was over.

First Champions League final for Atlético Madrid since 1973-74. That year they played 1-1, and lost 4-0 to Bayern München in the replay two days later.

_74565519_022094765-1.jpg

In case they won one of the competitions? Hardly something to laugh at really, probably standard procedure at any club challenging for honours at this stage of the season. The letter makes it clear they aren't expecting to win anything.
I don't believe we sent letters out for our last 2 parades at least, I also don't believe City did for theirs...

Well done to Atletico and Simeone, deserved winners, good luck in the final.

We'll buy a couple of quality strikers and will be back.

Prediction for the final:

Real Madrid 3-0 maybe more.

No way. Atletico have their number, they lost the semi final of Copa del Rey admittedly but got 4 out of 6 in the league against them and beat them in the final last season as well.

Pepe and Sérgio Ramos vs Diego Costa :drool: I can imagine the handbags.

Simeone should get the coach of the year award regardless of what happens now. This is Atleti's one chance and will be great if they win. But, Atleti as a club has a lot of problems with the amount dodgy player ownership, debt, unpaid salary etc. They aren't quite the peoples club that everybody seem to think they are.

A lot of bitterness and contempt towards mourinho I have noticed. I understand why people don't like him, but I think the reaction is way to strong. What has he done recently to deserve such a reaction. Its been a while since he has done anything majorly controversial as far as I remember. He has had a good season and has definitely not failed. You don't fail going out in the semi finals. Its not so black and white where if you win you are a success and lose a failure. His team counterattacked like Madrid yesterday and Madrid got praise. The only difference is the result it seems

A lot of bitterness and contempt towards mourinho I have noticed. I understand why people don't like him, but I think the reaction is way to strong. What has he done recently to deserve such a reaction. Its been a while since he has done anything majorly controversial as far as I remember. He has had a good season and has definitely not failed. You don't fail going out in the semi finals. Its not so black and white where if you win you are a success and lose a failure. His team counterattacked like Madrid yesterday and Madrid got praise. The only difference is the result it seems

Simple. He's a cnut.

Although I'm grateful of the favour Chelsea did us at the weekend, I'm so happy to see them go out. The final would have been a bore and they deserve nothing in Europe anyway, the two Madrid clubs are on another level.

Simeone should get the coach of the year award regardless of what happens now. This is Atleti's one chance and will be great if they win. But, Atleti as a club has a lot of problems with the amount dodgy player ownership, debt, unpaid salary etc. They aren't quite the peoples club that everybody seem to think they are.
Very true, I have read a bit about that. I actually seen one on goal.com today. It would be interesting to put up. In football there is no such thing as the peoples club

If Mourinho doesn't like Oscar either, we can happily buy him like Mata. Maybe we will give him Fellaini as replacement as he will fit perfectly in Mourinho's team.

I doubt they are worse than Madrid

Very true, I have read a bit about that. I actually seen one on goal.com today. It would be interesting to put up. In football there is no such thing as the peoples club

Dortmund last year was a great story. But these doubts should not make simeone/atleti's achievement any less though. These group has been phenomenal.

Anyone else a bit underwhelmed by this season of football?

Few great matches.

It was the same with Guardiola last night. I just don´t like him because he was a Porto manager and remember his antics. Even so i respect his achievements as a countryman