City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins September ‘24

How is it not? There are no rules against owning several clubs. There are no rules against two clubs with the same owners buying players from each other.

UEFA have some rules specific for their competitions, but those are not relevant for the Savio deal.
If there were rules against it, it wouldn't be a loophole. It would literally be against the rules. If you deny existence of the spirit of regulations, then the concept of a loophole becomes meaningless.

Unless I missed something, nobody here is claiming that this is against currently stated rules, but that the currently stated rules are a joke since the worst offenders can very easily circumvent all the restrictions and the club that is mostly affected is the one that is actively looking to sell one of the clubs in the multi club system.

If there were rules against it, it wouldn't be a loophole. It would literally be against the rules. If you deny existence of the spirit of regulations, then the concept of a loophole becomes meaningless.

Unless I missed something, nobody here is claiming that this is against currently stated rules, but that the currently stated rules are a joke since the worst offenders can very easily circumvent all the restrictions and the club that is mostly affected is the one that is actively looking to sell one of the clubs in the multi club system.

There are no restrictions to circumvent, that's why it's not a loophole!

There literally are, what are you talking about. That's the only reason why a formerly second tier French club bought him, didn't use him at all and then sold him at a massively cut price to Man City.

There literally are, what are you talking about. That's the only reason why a formerly second tier French club bought him, didn't use him at all and then sold him at a massively cut price to Man City.

Which rules are they circumventing?

I think it's more the fact he was signed for a club, loaned out to another club for experience and then transferred to another club all within the same ownership for below market value that's dodgy.

It may be within the rules but seems unethical

I think it's more the fact he was signed for a club, loaned out to another club for experience and then transferred to another club all within the same ownership for below market value that's dodgy.

It may be within the rules but seems unethical

Sure, and if there were rules against it that would be great.

Which rules are they circumventing?

Its like the Luciano Rodriguez deal this summer, he was supposed to be joining CFG's Girona but that fell through due to FFP and now he is signing for Bahia who are also a CFG club instead and Bahia can now loan him straight out to Girona.

Slightly relevant, read somewhere that Chelsea is planning to sell their women's team in order to raise capital to offset their FFP restrictions, in a similar vein to how they sold those two hotels to another one of Boehly's companies or so.
Those reports were incorrect. It is astounding how low the level of understanding and the ability to flesh out the truth of a story is in many modern “news” outlets.

With the hotels, Blueco22 couldn’t “buy” the hotels from Blueco22. That’s a myth. A shareholder that owns a percentage of Blueco22 purchased 100% of the hotels.

With the women’s team we were fielding offers through third party banks for investment in our women’s team. It wasn’t until they were told that wasn’t possible that they gathered more info and decided to act.

Women’s teams in the WSL are considered “property” of the men’s team. That’s why you can credit towards your PSR for women’s investment. It outside investment goes directly to the men.

Blueco then discovered that Lyon was the only women’s team emancipated from their men’s team, and they inquired as to what they needed to do to make that that happen.

On 5/29 Blueco announced that Chelsea women’s FC would have it’s ownership shifted from Chelsea FC to Blueco22; same as the men.

Chelsea men’s FC received nothing toward PSR for this. In fact, it takes away an ability to manipulate investment in the women’s team for additional PSR credits.

The Chelsea Womens FC then received the 11m. Investment stake in THEIR team. Doesn’t go to the men or their PSR at all. The valuation people were throwing around of 150m was the total valuation of just the women’s team for the purposes of determining what kind of stake the 11m would get the investor. This was handled by a third party as well, and actually seemed kind low for a figure derived for those purposes. Angel City women’s team in the US NWSL got a valuation of 144m for similar purposes, and they are nowhere near the brand of the Chelsea Women.

All I saw was actual news outlets spreading “Chelsea selling their women’s team to themselves for 150m and now we know how they made PSR on 6/30” ….. so lame.

I asked my 8 year old, without any hints, if Chelsea bought their own women’s team for a huge amount of money. He came up with pretty close to the exact right explanation with his computer and google in about 10 minutes.

Chelsea values its women’s team greatly. They have been making big moves to ensure they continue to excel, and to let people know that they aren’t just property or a PSR tool.

Savio has ‘dreamed of playing for City since he was a child’ :lol:
He probably did. When he was five they were already paying Mancini under the table so as he got older and they did more dodgy salary stuff with other folk he thought "I want some of that".

With the hotels, Blueco22 couldn’t “buy” the hotels from Blueco22. That’s a myth. A shareholder that owns a percentage of Blueco22 purchased 100% of the hotels.

No matter how much you wash it, it was still a move to avoid PSR charges, and even you can't pretend it was otherwise.

No matter how much you wash it, it was still a move to avoid PSR charges, and even you can't pretend it was otherwise.
The purchase of the hotels? Yes, absolutely. One pretty much every team has done. Real Madrid has done it in the past. It is just as allowed as selling a player. And it doesn’t work the way people think it does… and that distinction is pretty important to understand.

But the women’s wasn’t, and that’s the point. People, including credible news outlets, completely got it wrong.

He probably did. When he was five they were already paying Mancini under the table so as he got older and they did more dodgy salary stuff with other folk he thought "I want some of that".
They're honestly the worst thing to happen to football. There's no way Lord Guardiola or any of these players would have even given that tinpot club a second look if it wasn't for their dodgy finances.

The only silver lining I take from them is that their peak also coincided with Liverpools.

The new Premier League handbook for 24/25 was released yesterday and the Profit and Sustainability rules are still the same, could this be an indication that City's ludicrus court action failed?

The new Premier League handbook for 24/25 was released yesterday and the Profit and Sustainability rules are still the same, could this be an indication that City's ludicrus court action failed?

I guess so. And considering the desperate nature of this case, that would be very good news for football.

Those reports were incorrect. It is astounding how low the level of understanding and the ability to flesh out the truth of a story is in many modern “news” outlets.

With the women’s team we were fielding offers through third party banks for investment in our women’s team. It wasn’t until they were told that wasn’t possible that they gathered more info and decided to act.

Women’s teams in the WSL are considered “property” of the men’s team. That’s why you can credit towards your PSR for women’s investment. It outside investment goes directly to the men.

Blueco then discovered that Lyon was the only women’s team emancipated from their men’s team, and they inquired as to what they needed to do to make that that happen.

On 5/29 Blueco announced that Chelsea women’s FC would have it’s ownership shifted from Chelsea FC to Blueco22; same as the men.

Chelsea men’s FC received nothing toward PSR for this. In fact, it takes away an ability to manipulate investment in the women’s team for additional PSR credits.

The Chelsea Womens FC then received the 11m. Investment stake in THEIR team. Doesn’t go to the men or their PSR at all. The valuation people were throwing around of 150m was the total valuation of just the women’s team for the purposes of determining what kind of stake the 11m would get the investor. This was handled by a third party as well, and actually seemed kind low for a figure derived for those purposes. Angel City women’s team in the US NWSL got a valuation of 144m for similar purposes, and they are nowhere near the brand of the Chelsea Women.

All I saw was actual news outlets spreading “Chelsea selling their women’s team to themselves for 150m and now we know how they made PSR on 6/30” ….. so lame.

I asked my 8 year old, without any hints, if Chelsea bought their own women’s team for a huge amount of money. He came up with pretty close to the exact right explanation with his computer and google in about 10 minutes.

Chelsea values its women’s team greatly. They have been making big moves to ensure they continue to excel, and to let people know that they aren’t just property or a PSR tool.
Not only are all Chelsea fans bloody accountants, they're actively pushing their children to become accountants too. Cruel.
The purchase of the hotels? Yes, absolutely. One pretty much every team has done. Real Madrid has done it in the past. It is just as allowed as selling a player. And it doesn’t work the way people think it does… and that distinction is pretty important to understand.

But the women’s wasn’t, and that’s the point. People, including credible news outlets, completely got it wrong.
Oh yes? Which other teams apart from Real Madrid? Don't remember this being as common as you're saying!

Not hotels but Villa did sell Villa Park to themselves back in 2020 and the PL seemingly looked into it and approved the sale.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49600851- this report also mention Derby, Wednesday and Reading doing the same.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-stadium-sale-ffp-17865860
Sooooo not quite "pretty much every team"? It's a little bit rich for someone complaining about how things are being reported to throw out those type of comments.

Sooooo not quite "pretty much every team"? It's a little bit rich for someone complaining about how things are being reported to throw out those type of comments.

For sure. I don't think it's as common practice as BlueLion is saying. It seems to be a thing teams in PSR trouble are resorting to to fudge the books in a legal but still very dubious manner.

Last edited:
Oh for feck's sake.

Just fecking go away and cheat somewhere else already.

Sick of the sight of him.

Oh for feck's sake.

Just fecking go away and cheat somewhere else already.

Sick of the sight of him.
You can't really cheat that way in International football, PSG have already done the "cheat&destroy the league" mission and Italy are too poor for him.
He's gonna stick around until the PL does something...

You can't really cheat that way in International football, PSG have already done the "cheat&destroy the league" mission and Italy are too poor for him.
He's gonna stick around until the PL does something...
Pretty much.

Why would he leave when he can cheat until his heart's content where he is? Slimy little weasel. He clearly has no moral conscience and doesn't care if his rotten club has a huge unfair advantage - so long as he can win.

He's got the most punchable face in football. I'd love nothing more than to see him banned from the game permanently. Wishful thinking, I'm sure.

Last edited:

This bald fecker only sticks around when he knows it's safe. Not good.

Excellent, please stay, no problem. Let's Ineos Team and ETH teach him a good lesson how to win properly without cheating. It will be this season or next season. You hear from me first!

Excellent, please stay, no problem. Let's Ineos Team and ETH teach him a good lesson how to win properly without cheating. It will be this season or next season. You hear from me first!

Wish some proper club could dominate him for few years, but he would not stay for linger as when things get difficult for him he will pack the bags to similar sort of plastic club.

I genuinely thought he would get bored of being at City.

I genuinely thought he would get bored of being at City.
Really? He’s not really up for a challenge, he’s a cheque book manager that enjoys an environment that is perfect to succeed. He had it at Barcelona, Bayern and now City. Can you think of a better environment for him now?

Really? He’s not really up for a challenge, he’s a cheque book manager that enjoys an environment that is perfect to succeed. He had it at Barcelona, Bayern and now City. Can you think of a better environment for him now?
Exactly. And this is part of the reason as to why he will never be the GOAT.

Next move will be Saudi league for 2-3 years and a few hundred million. Only other option I see is to 'retire' in the MLS.

Has there ever been a bigger case of sporting cheating than Manchester City? Lance Armstrong perhaps?

It’s shameful that they’ve been allowed turn the most popular sport in the world into such a farce.

Awful to see.

Has there ever been a bigger case of sporting cheating than Manchester City? Lance Armstrong perhaps?

It’s shameful that they’ve been allowed turn the most popular sport in the world into such a farce.

Awful to see.

Why are you showing such disrespect to City comparing them to Armstrong? What City have done is way over and beyond what Armstrong did.

City's cheating is unprecedented in sport history. Everyone knows about their blatant cheating for more than a decade but no one can touch them in the court. They refused to co-operate, looking for loophole to get evidence time barred, counter sue EUFA/PL, delay tactics and whatnot.

Hope soon the law will catch up with them.

Those close to him say he wants his legacy to be returning to Barcelona and making them a force again. But no chance of that unless they find some money from somewhere.

Why are you showing such disrespect to City comparing them to Armstrong? What City have done is way over and beyond what Armstrong did.

City's cheating is unprecedented in sport history. Everyone knows about their blatant cheating for more than a decade but no one can touch them in the court. They refused to co-operate, looking for loophole to get evidence time barred, counter sue EUFA/PL, delay tactics and whatnot.

Hope soon the law will catch up with them.
Agreed. It's been the best executed organised cheating and corruption regime seen in modern sports. The only comparable regime would potentially be the Russian Olympic doping regime.

Good timeline of how many legal tactics City have had to use just to delay their inevitable exclusion from the EPL:

I just can't understand why the PL cannot suspend City until they furnish the requested documents for the case. They allow them to continue and cheat through the years and affecting the whole league and other clubs.
In a normal workplace, if an employee is suspected of commiting a fraud, I am surr this employee would be suspended until investigation is completed. No company will let the employee continue working, getting promotion and bonuses.
The whole situation is just absurd and lack of common sense.