City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

I read here at some time, that there should be a decission around November. Is there something in this or is there no chance of a conviction at all? The cheating is obvious of course, but the league and the uk as a whole is profiting from oil states significantly. So the question is, if the pl is taking a hit for the larger goal. Year after year it will get harder as City will be seen as a legit big club. Nonne will ask how they got that big in the end.

Their revenues even surpassed that of RM, Barca, Man Utd and BM when they can't even fill their stadium. And we are supposed to believe all their sponsors are legit. UEFA and PL are playing along sulking to City.

The fact that they refuse to provide the documentation almost proves their guilt.

If they were innocent of all charges, they'd happily hand over the documents to demonstrate that.
Exactly. Any business entity preferring to spend tens of millions on distraction litigation rather than handing over their accounts tells you all you need to know.

Those close to him say he wants his legacy to be returning to Barcelona and making them a force again. But no chance of that unless they find some money from somewhere.

The irony of him at Barcelona is that even then, both Real Madrid and Barcelona had an unfair advantage over every other La Liga club by reaping over 70% of TV rights money. I mean, I'm shocked Redcafe doesn't address this at all.

For almost 20 years, including Pep's entire Barca spell, the big two were disproportionately fecking over every other La Liga team.

The fact that they refuse to provide the documentation almost proves their guilt.

If they were innocent of all charges, they'd happily hand over the documents to demonstrate that.

Imo i'm a bit surprised there isn't specific rules that would allow the PL to hand down rather harsh punishments just for refusing to provide the documentation within a certain amount of time.

It is quite simply scandalous that this shit is rolling into another season. We literally do not know if they can even legitimately win the title and have to play along for another year. I complained about this to the point there's nothing more to say, but this is such a ridiculous situation that my interest in a season starting has never been lower.

The integrity of the sport is gone, and the validity of any games is gone, until these cheats are punished.

If they don’t discard their leagues won then at least I hope they get docked 10 pts for each season since 13/14. Obviously the 2nd place team gets the league. Anything over 10 pts and whatever team was in 2nd wouldn’t deserve it anyway. Sounds fair.

I don't believe for a second there will be any "reckoning". A points deduction at best but at least they won't win 5 in a row. And that's if there's any deduction at all.

Pep is already talking about staying on. Bet he knows something that we don't know.

No way they get punished heavily most probably will be a tap on the hand

I'd be surprised if they're even given a fine.
Probably they won't be
But if there is any "punishment" this is what the FA will go for. Least controversial, no taking titles/trophies away, keeps Abu Dhabi paymasters onside. "Punish" the richest club in the world by fining them - job done.

Pep is already talking about staying on. Bet he knows something that we don't know.

No way they get punished heavily most probably will be a tap on the hand

I think they might be given a 'severe' punishment at best, like a significant points deduction and a fine, but one that doesn't go beyond this season. To give the illusion of consequence without actually doing much. City will suck it up for a season then be back at it after that. To think there's going to be anything retroactive, much less stripping of titles, is just dreamland stuff and not even worth discussing. The government and the FA won't risk upsetting an investor and trading partner of that magnitude over sport.

The other 19 teams will somehow get a point deduction and fine for bullying city and all the fine money goes to city to help them recover from this horrible mess.

Probably they won't be
But if there is any "punishment" this is what the FA will go for. Least controversial, no taking titles/trophies away, keeps Abu Dhabi paymasters onside. "Punish" the richest club in the world by fining them - job done.

I wouldn't say least controversial. Everyone knows they've cheated. Getting away with it is pretty controversial.

I think they'll get done and all their hollow success will be tainted. Which is not to say they've not assembled a top class football team coached by an incredible manager. But, hollow still.

They'll get away with it. It will hit the EPL brand hard if the last decade has been pointless.

I wouldn't say least controversial. Everyone knows they've cheated. Getting away with it is pretty controversial.

I think they'll get done and all their hollow success will be tainted. Which is not to say they've not assembled a top class football team coached by an incredible manager. But, hollow still.
I honestly think if they are found guilty and it's a big IF, it's a fine and a fine only. The FA aren't up for a lawsuit, they want to minimise controversy, they don't want to complicate things. Titles/trophies stay where they are and a fine is given to City. Essentially no punishment.

I honestly think if they are found guilty and it's a big IF, it's a fine and a fine only. The FA aren't up for a lawsuit, they want to minimise controversy, they don't want to complicate things. Titles/trophies stay where they are and a fine is given to City. Essentially no punishment.
Why do people keep saying The FA?

City aren't being tried by The FA. They're being tried by the PL whose rules are made up by the clubs who are the 20 shareholders of the PL. It is also the reason why City have ran scared of this one.

Firstly, City have done their best to limit the discussion of the case in the press - which is the real reason why it has not had as much coverage as people would expect - and they've got so desperate they've even asked for 'legal hearings with the PL'. Anyone remember this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...against-premier-league-over-sponsorship-rules

Well since that finished the PL has republished it's rules a few days ago with zero changes, so the liklihood is that City's legal argument did not win.

That argument was also never likely to win if people actually understood how the PL operates.

Unlike The FA - a non-for- profit organisation - the PL is a purely capitalist organisation that is run in a 'membership club format' (think golf club.) Unlike The FA, which has a very ingrained old boys club set up, with close ties to the Government/monarchy. The PL is purely about the self interest of the member clubs. So, unlike the FA who can be influenced/pressured politically the PL only really gets influenced by status and money. Or put another way, do you think the likes of the Glazers, Henry, PIF, Clearlake and Korenke are going to care more about foreign investment into the UK or increasing the value of their asset/status by having a more successful PL club (which will happen if they kill off City)? I know what I believe.

This is also before we even get to the fact the PL actually went ahead and charged City when they could've easily have brushed it under the carpet after the UEFA case imploded and how moronic they're going to look if City get off lightly.

For me, the only way City get out of a serious punishment is if they cam find a real and legitimate legal technicality that isn't some colloquial football one. Could that happen, for sure. However, it isn't going to be some timed barred sh*t this time.

City aren't being tried by The FA. They're being tried by the PL whose rules are made up by the clubs who are the 20 shareholders of the PL. It is also the reason why City have ran scared of this one.

Firstly, City have done their best to limit the discussion of the case in the press - which is the real reason why it has not had as much coverage as people would expect - and they've got so desperate they've even asked for 'legal hearings with the PL'. Anyone remember this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...against-premier-league-over-sponsorship-rules

Well since that finished the PL has republished it's rules a few days ago with zero changes, so the liklihood is that City's legal argument did not win.

That argument was also never likely to win if people actually understood how the PL operates.

Unlike The FA - a non-for- profit organisation - the PL is a purely capitalist organisation that is run in a 'membership club format' (think golf club.) Unlike The FA, which has a very ingrained old boys club set up, with close ties to the Government/monarchy. The PL is purely about the self interest of the member clubs. So, unlike the FA who can be influenced/pressured politically the PL only really gets influenced by status and money. Or put another way, do you think the likes of the Glazers, Henry, PIF, Clearlake and Korenke are going to care more about foreign investment into the UK or increasing the value of their asset/status by having a more successful PL club (which will happen if they kill off City)? I know what I believe.

This is also before we even get to the fact the PL actually went ahead and charged City when they could've easily have brushed it under the carpet after the UEFA case imploded and how moronic they're going to look if City get off lightly.

For me, the only way City get out of a serious punishment is if they cam find a real and legitimate legal technicality that isn't some colloquial football one. Could that happen, for sure. However, it isn't going to be some timed barred sh*t this time.
This.

Not to mention the other 19 clubs - especially the likes of Everton - aren't just going to sit back and accept it if they get off with a slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket.

Everton already said they would be watching the case very closely. If they somehow manage to weasel their way out of this, there will be uproar.

Titles won't get re-awarded but we'll see them stripped similar to how the Tour de France declared no winners for the Armstrong years.

Expecting City to get expelled from the EPL. Whether it's permanent, or time-limited to 5-10 seasons, remains to be seen.

If the latter, do the EFL accept them as a member knowing they've been found guilty of sporting corruption and financial doping, and have given the leagues authority the run around for 6+ years while investigating it? I suspect not. City are then looking at entry back into the football pyramid outside of the EPL/EFL.

I appreciate lots on here are talking down the potential punishment as a defence mechanism to avoid disappointment as nothing has been done about City's cheating to date, but as others have said, the EPL didn't have to bring this case. They've spotlighted corruption within their own organisation and a complete failure of their own compliance controls. That level of introspection isn't consistent with letting City off with a fine.

These people will act like Barcelona did with the Negreira issue, denying everything even though their guilt is obvious, and they will say that the media and political powers are persecuting them.

I hope that English fans, if the ManC people are declared innocent, take to the streets like they did against the Super League.

These people will act like Barcelona did with the Negreira issue, denying everything even though their guilt is obvious, and they will say that the media and political powers are persecuting them.

I hope that English fans, if the ManC people are declared innocent, take to the streets like they did against the Super League.

They won't. City don't seem to bother the casual fan

Thanks for pointing out it's the PL not the FA who have charged City.
You make some good points and whilst I agree generally that the PL are more likely to respond appropriately if City are found guilty, I still don't believe the punishment will end up being that bad for them.

Not likely, the English public are either too busy to pay attention/ care about it or have a Brexit conspiratorial mindset and will fall for the bullshit

I see both city threads are very active recently

I’ll fall asleep again before work if I read about city… to summarise has there been an update or is it just people arguing?

They won't. City don't seem to bother the casual fan
More and more people are getting fed up with them now, and that’ll grow as they continue to rack up trophies.

Too little too late, obviously.

More and more people are getting fed up with them now, and that’ll grow as they continue to rack up trophies.

Too little too late, obviously.
Agreed - City have slowly elimintated their support from all major fanbases as each have had their cyclical success peaks ruined by City's cheating.

City were celebrated by Liverpool and Arsenal fans when denying United the EPL in 2012. However, they've since denied Arsenal and Liverpool more titles than United.

Agreed - City have slowly elimintated their support from all major fanbases as each have had their cyclical success peaks ruined by City's cheating.

City were celebrated by Liverpool and Arsenal fans when denying United the EPL in 2012. However, they've since denied Arsenal and Liverpool more titles than United.
I'm surprised there isn't more hatred for City from Liverpool fans.

Considering that they've missed out on at least a couple of titles because of them, you'd think they'd be frothing at the mouth in rage, demanding that they be banned from competitive football, and the club liquidated.

Instead, Liverpool fans seem more interested in what we are doing.

Reactions: 711
I'm surprised there isn't more hatred for City from Liverpool fans.

Considering that they've missed out on at least a couple of titles because of them, you'd think they'd be frothing at the mouth in rage, demanding that they be banned from competitive football, and the club liquidated.

Instead, Liverpool fans seem more interested in what we are doing.

Not sure what you're on about because I think Liverpool fans are pretty fecking annoyed about City.

Anyway, you got a like out of it, so fair play.

Any update on the lawsuit City filed against the PL? There was a big hoo-ha about it (rightfully so) but its gone ever so quiet now.

Should have also included a line that says the following:

9. Despite all of this, their entitled fans still think that they are the victims, and that they are somehow hard done by. Which is why they boo the UEFA Champions League anthem, and also why they claim to be victims of the non-existent "red cartel".

Last edited:
The hearing is getting closer and closer

I already wrote few times, only way to to PL act is that clubs and fans start to boycot City games. Other than that I don't expect that much.