City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Because Alvarez wants more minutes, probably fancies living in Spain much more than Northern England too, and City are getting close to twice the real value of the player so it's a free fleecing opportunity.

He played more minutes than most at City last year. What he’s said is that he wants to play somewhere that he plays the biggest games. He didn’t get that at City and he’ll be one of the best forwards in World football elsewhere.

He played more minutes than most at City last year. What he’s said is that he wants to play somewhere that he plays the biggest games. He didn’t get that at City and he’ll be one of the best forwards in World football elsewhere.

He won't be that anywhere, not even close.

About time, hopefully its not a whitewash. Wonder if this is why they aren't doing anything in the market this summer.

Seriously, if they get trophies taken off them and/or a deduction in points that leads to a relegation (ideally plural), I will take a day off to celebrate and follow social media and laugh
The absolute scenes if they’re thrown out midway through a season. Would be glorious.

Makes me doubt that a big ones coming their way though. Happy for a more positive perspective to persuade me that’s not the case.

About time, hopefully its not a whitewash. Wonder if this is why they aren't doing anything in the market this summer.
I’ve said before but an appropriate punishment would be exclusion from the premier league for 5+ years.
Don’t care if they win the championship multiple years in a row they aren’t getting promoted.
Anything less would be entirely inconsequential and not be a future deterrent at all.
Would also weaken the PL brand irrevocably.
PL also need to introduce rules that say if you don’t provide financial information when requested that you are expelled. No questions asked. How this has been allowed to happen is a fecking major own goal for the whole league.
Has to be done properly from here on in.

It's very annoying knowing they'll get away with it. At worst they get a big fine and some docked points. Instead of relegating them straight to league 2. This is a black mark on their short history. Even when they'll get away with it, everyone knows they are corrupted as feck.

They will get off with it.

Let's not pretend otherwise.

Everyone will go apeshit, the city fans will claim it's all a big conspiracy and we'll all go back to watching the football.

I seem to be in the minority, but I think they're going to get fecked. And to the point that City can afford the best lawyers, two things: one, the Premier League can too, but more importantly, two, City's lawyers seem to be particularly adept at dragging things out and it seems like they've finally run out of runway. It also seems like they failed in their efforts at having FFP thrown out due to competition law or whatever.

It'll be interesting, if nothing else.

Interesting it is as soon as this - I heard the trial was supposed to begin in November? Wonder why they've brought it forward?

If they’re found guilty they’re clearly getting the book thrown at them. The big question is whether they can make it stick.

I seem to be in the minority, but I think they're going to get fecked. And to the point that City can afford the best lawyers, two things: one, the Premier League can too, but more importantly, two, City's lawyers seem to be particularly adept at dragging things out and it seems like they've finally run out of runway. It also seems like they failed in their efforts at having FFP thrown out due to competition law or whatever.

It'll be interesting, if nothing else.
I hope you're right. I'm resigned to the fact that they won't get what they deserve, but I just hope they don't get away with another slap on the wrist.

And "unprecedented" pts deduction, that keeps them in the PL come May.

Yeah perhaps. In any case something that the PL executives will be able to call the biggest punishment in history but at the same time nothing that will really hurt them.

I hope it is relegation just so that I never have to see Pep's stupid smug face in our league ever again.

Approx 0.000000000000001% chance that happens
Why wouldn't it?

Surely the PL realizes that after coming down so hard on the likes of Everton, they will need to dish out a fair punishment here or the other clubs are going to be furious.

I personally think if they somehow get away with it, the genuinely big clubs in the league will start talking Super League again. "If they're not going to deal with City properly, we'll form our own league without them". The PL have faced this threat before, and they won't want to face it again.

I can’t see why anyone honestly thinks the PL will do the right thing. A fine is about the most they’ll get.

Absolutely nothing will happen, Manchester City will just keep dragging it through the courts and beat the PL with money, the PL don’t even come close to how much City can throw at this.

Justice system is great isn’t it.

Why wouldn't it?

Surely the PL realizes that after coming down so hard on the likes of Everton, they will need to dish out a fair punishment here or the other clubs are going to be furious.

I personally think if they somehow get away with it, the genuinely big clubs in the league will start talking Super League again. "If they're not going to deal with City properly, we'll form our own league without them". The PL have faced this threat before, and they won't want to face it again.

No chance. They’ll get a fine at worst.

Why wouldn't it?

I thought this since the beginning of the Super League rumours, and couldn't understand why they likes of City and PSG were being included in talks at the time.

If there was ever to be a point of a Super League or anything similar, the primary objective should be to set something up without state owned clubs.

They wont, they have been charged with 115 offences some of which are extremely serious breaches so there is no way it'll just be a fine if they are found guilty.

And they've spent the last years playing every legal trick they can find to delay and obfuscate. The PL can't let that slide. Abu Dhabi FC are done.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the city fans that have cheered them on all these years.