City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Nah I have mates who support Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke, West Ham, Derby County, hell even a lad who supports Wealdstone, what’s the one thing they all have in common? They absolutely detest Utd. They don’t want to see us win, don’t want to see us succeed, it’s deep rooted. Maybe that’s just my age group of mates (24-30 yrs old) that grew up watching Utd dominate, but whatever the reason it’s bizarre. No other club in the country gets that much hatred from fans of other random sides. No other club gets such coverage for the smallest of crisis. Obviously as a big club, you can ways expect some level of distaste from certain fan groups, but in England at least, Utd are so clearly the least well liked club.
Why the hell does a guy who supports Wealdstone hate us?

Nah I have mates who support Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke, West Ham, Derby County, hell even a lad who supports Wealdstone, what’s the one thing they all have in common? They absolutely detest Utd. They don’t want to see us win, don’t want to see us succeed, it’s deep rooted. Maybe that’s just my age group of mates (24-30 yrs old) that grew up watching Utd dominate, but whatever the reason it’s bizarre. No other club in the country gets that much hatred from fans of other random sides. No other club gets such coverage for the smallest of crisis. Obviously as a big club, you can ways expect some level of distaste from certain fan groups, but in England at least, Utd are so clearly the least well liked club.
My friends support Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Peterborough etc. and it’s exactly the same.

I think another big reason is United have had the most ‘rivalries’ in the premier league era. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Newcastle all have had bitter rivalries with United at one time or another.

My friends support Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Peterborough etc. and it’s exactly the same.

I think another big reason is United have had the most ‘rivalries’ in the premier league era. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Newcastle all have had bitter rivalries with United at one time or another.
What’s even worse is that teams like fecking Bolton Wanderers or Stoke City consider us their biggest rivals when we couldn’t give a flying feck about them. Even up here in Scotland, where we have our own football system, you have people who hate Man United.

To be honest I think part of it for some of my friends is probably because I’m not from Manchester and they support more local sides. Maybe there’s an element of jealousy there. Probably another part thinking you don’t support your local team. But most of them are quiet when I say I’ve been to more Utd games than they have their local team…

To be honest I think part of it for some of my friends is probably because I’m not from Manchester and they support more local sides. Maybe there’s an element of jealousy there. Probably another part thinking you don’t support your local team. But most of them are quiet when I say I’ve been to more Utd games than they have their local team…
I would guess that about half the country doesn’t support their local side anyway. I know a lot of my friends don’t.

United-Chelsea rivalry wasn’t bitter at all. It was competitive but rather friendly, certainly in comparison with the United-Arsenal rivalry. I don’t remember ever seeing any drama or any particular hatred or disdain from either side during the years we were regularly fighting each other for the title.

I’d say most Chelsea fans would have United down in 5th or 6th in a list of teams we dislike/hate, and I suspect the feeling is mutual. I rarely meet United fans in real life who particularly care about Chelsea one way or another.

United-Chelsea rivalry wasn’t bitter at all. It was competitive but rather friendly, certainly in comparison with the United-Arsenal rivalry. I don’t remember ever seeing any drama or any particular hatred or disdain from either side during the years we were regularly fighting each other for the title.

I’d say most Chelsea fans would have United down in 5th or 6th in a list of teams we dislike/hate, and I suspect the feeling is mutual. I rarely meet United fans in real life who particularly care about Chelsea one way or another.
That’s probably fair, but a rivalry of sorts all the same.

Edit: I also don’t really mind Chelsea too much. I actually find myself sticking up for them a bit when my scouse mate goes on one of his tirades.

Have it on good authority they are intimidating anybody involved in the case. Does that really surprise anybody?
Not at all. They don't care about anything other than themselves and couldn't care less if they are ruining the game. As long as they get what they want.

What makes you say that? Have you seen or heard something specific?

No, call me cynical but it's how the world works. Even the way guardiola is speaking about it reeks of a man who expects no consequence whatsoever

Not at all. They don't care about anything other than themselves and couldn't care less if they are ruining the game. As long as they get what they want.
That’s the point, they don’t care about the game, only rigging everything in their favour. Breaking the rules , cheating and trying to intimidate anybody or any institution that tries to put manners on them. Wonder if it’s why journalists don’t go in hard on them, we know what happens to Journalists who upset the Saudis.

Right now they are 11:1 to be relegated this year, so the money and all the maths analysts at Paddy Power think it’s just under a 10% chance of serious sanction.

It really does make the whole thing look ridiculous and wil hang over the title race most of the season (again). The premier league need to make a strong and fair decision quickly and let City sue or appeal. At least then they are on the back foot.

That’s the point, they don’t care about the game, only rigging everything in their favour. Breaking the rules , cheating and trying to intimidate anybody or any institution that tries to put manners on them. Wonder if it’s why journalists don’t go in hard on them, we know what happens to Journalists who upset the Saudis.
I find it baffling that people can support a club who does this. If I found out United were rigging everything in their favour, cheating to win and bullying anyone who opposed them like Abu Dhabi do, I'd stop being a fan immediately.

Yet their fans just dont care, as long as they get their precious victories. City seem to attract the worst human beings for fans.

Right now they are 11:1 to be relegated this year, so the money and all the maths analysts at Paddy Power think it’s just under a 10% chance of serious sanction.

It really does make the whole thing look ridiculous and wil hang over the title race most of the season (again). The premier league need to make a strong and fair decision quickly and let City sue or appeal. At least then they are on the back foot.
Not really. There’s a good chance a sanction could be imposed next season.

I'm sure I heard Simon Johnson trying to defend them on his section of the Talkshite sports bar

I find it baffling that people can support a club who does this. If I found out United were rigging everything in their favour, cheating to win and bullying anyone who opposed them like Abu Dhabi do, I'd stop being a fan immediately.

Yet their fans just dont care, as long as they get their precious victories. City seem to attract the worst human beings for fans.
I think of it like Trump supporters, he doesn’t even try to hide what a massive piece of horrible sh*t he is and yet half the voting population will vote for him.

People will suit themselves, like religious people ignoring abuses within their church , a lot of people are incapable of engaging in meaningful self reflection and honest assessments of situations.

They're getting off. Surprised anybody thinks otherwise

They will. Easier to find them not guilty than to find them guilty and then have to come up with a suitable punishment.

The most I think they'll get is guilty on say 10-15 charges, not guilty on the rest or maybe some bullshit with some around "not proven" rather than not guilty, some language around mitigating circumstances and then a 30 point deduction. And we all move on.

One thing guaranteed - nobody is going to be happy with the outcome. Not City, not anybody else.

What’s even worse is that teams like fecking Bolton Wanderers or Stoke City consider us their biggest rivals when we couldn’t give a flying feck about them. Even up here in Scotland, where we have our own football system, you have people who hate Man United.

I was at Annan Athletic Vs Inverness CT a couple of weeks back. In the stands I heard one lad proudly declare that City had equalised to his mate who was clearly more interested in the actual match in front of us. Then after the match they had the Community Shield penalty shootout on the TV in the bar, a middle aged man in his Annan top could not contain his joy when Evans missed his pen :lol:

They will. Easier to find them not guilty than to find them guilty and then have to come up with a suitable punishment.

The most I think they'll get is guilty on say 10-15 charges, not guilty on the rest or maybe some bullshit with some around "not proven" rather than not guilty, some language around mitigating circumstances and then a 30 point deduction. And we all move on.

One thing guaranteed - nobody is going to be happy with the outcome. Not City, not anybody else.
I think this sounds about right. The biggest issue will then be that that deduction will be across 2 seasons so they are guaranteed CL football.

They will forgo the league title for this year and next year with a 15-point deduction once the results are out and then start on -15 next year.

Plus a massive, massive fine.

It can then be argued that they’ve had ‘unprecedented’ punishment and nobody can (or should) argue about it.

No way they get anything too heavy

id be stunned if they get a 30 point deduction. they'll then appeal it and we'll be in a title race with nobody knowing who's top of the league. this will be brushed aside

I was at Annan Athletic Vs Inverness CT a couple of weeks back. In the stands I heard one lad proudly declare that City had equalised to his mate who was clearly more interested in the actual match in front of us. Then after the match they had the Community Shield penalty shootout on the TV in the bar, a middle aged man in his Annan top could not contain his joy when Evans missed his pen :lol:
Good fecking grief! That is beyond pathetic. That’s genuinely just sad at this point, and also really embarrassing.

Given my age and that rivalry being one of the earliest I remember I absolutely cannot stand Chelsea. I consider Chelsea the original cheats who started this whole ridiculous transfer market. Can’t stand them!

id be stunned if they get a 30 point deduction. they'll then appeal it and we'll be in a title race with nobody knowing who's top of the league. this will be brushed aside

That would be the end for Premier League as a competition, may as well not bother if they allow cheating to be punished so lightly

That would be the end for Premier League as a competition, may as well not bother if they allow cheating to be punished so lightly
The end? Everything will just continue as before. The clubs won’t do shit, because they aren’t clubs anymore, but just big businesses who do whatever gets them the most capital. Some fans will turn away, to be exchanged with plenty new ones from abroad and the players themselves never gave a shit anyway about ok the cheating.

Have it on good authority they are intimidating anybody involved in the case. Does that really surprise anybody?

Think it's telling in an interview (I presume from a couple of days ago). He talked about a swift outcome now the hearing date has been set. He emphasized that it's being heard by an independant panel. Made a point of repeating it. It seems to me like there's going to be a panel stitch up much like the CAS case.

If they get done over in England would they move their primary setup to Girona, and move a few top contracted players over?

I do wonder how Barca and Real would react to Girona suddenly dominating Spain.

So you think Journalists aren't criticizing City because they are worried they'll get chopped up?

:confused:

So frustrating seeing them sweep aside a newly promoted team who have a fraction of their budget, when we all know about the 115 charges (and the huge financial power they have even before that)

Need the book to be thrown at them but unfortunately I can only see them getting a fine, because their lawyers will be so powerful

Got mates the exact same, Rochdale, Oldham, Stockport County fans etc all absolutely detest United but don't give a crap about City. Weird really given we haven't won or even been close to winning the league for 11 years. Maybe it's the age thing as you mention. United players definitely get that bit extra from the away crowd compared to other top clubs, we're still THE team everyone wants to beat. Think the problem with some players United have had is the lack of character in away games. Should use the abuse for adrenalyn but some shy away.