City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Can someone give me an update on the 115 charges so far? Any indication on what way the verdict will swing?
There is none. You essentially have to decide whether your think nothing serious will happen because UAE are too powerful and the UK Govt will help them, or that they're in serious trouble as the PL wouldn't have ever gone after them in the first place because they had a really easy out after the UEFA case against City.

I hope you're right.

I wish i’m wrong. The PL has been a complete shit show for the past 20 years. Happy to allow a russian oligarch to take over Chelsea and launch an insane spending spree, happy to approve a takeover of Manchester United that put the entire clubs future at risk due to the leveraged buy out, happy to allow Thaksin to take over Manchester City, happy to allow the Qatari take over at Manchester City, happy to allow the Saudis to take over Newcastle. They’ve completely failed to implement a strict set of rules to prevent the league from turning into a farce where the clubs revenue can be pumped up to extreme levels. Their loopholes saw Leicester escape punishment simply because they on paper were no longer a part of the Premier League. The PL has pretty much failed at every turning point and is in desperate need of a hard reset.

I wish i’m wrong. The PL has been a complete shit show for the past 20 years. Happy to allow a russian oligarch to take over Chelsea and launch an insane spending spree, happy to approve a takeover of Manchester United that put the entire clubs future at risk due to the leveraged buy out, happy to allow Thaksin to take over Manchester City, happy to allow the Qatari take over at Manchester City, happy to allow the Saudis to take over Newcastle. They’ve completely failed to implement a strict set of rules to prevent the league from turning into a farce where the clubs revenue can be pumped up to extreme levels. Their loopholes saw Leicester escape punishment simply because they on paper were no longer a part of the Premier League. The PL has pretty much failed at every turning point and is in desperate need of a hard reset.
Money is a helluva drug

There is none. You essentially have to decide whether your think nothing serious will happen because UAE are too powerful and the UK Govt will help them, or that they're in serious trouble as the PL wouldn't have ever gone after them in the first place because they had a really easy out after the UEFA case against City.
Based on recent events does it look like the PL are afraid of upsetting City?

Imagine if the traditional clubs just up and left the PL and formed a new league with a host of EFL clubs following suit and forming a "breakaway pyramid" leaving City, Chelsea etc holding their tiny, flaccid cocks, pissing in the wind.

What a glorious day that would be.

The PL itself is a breakaway league. If there is enough money and clubs in an alternative then it can happen. As I've said previously, either way the 115 case goes I do not believe that things will just go back to business as usual unless the city owners are forced into a sale of the club.

Government could get involved but currently they look weak as piss. My money would be on City getting found guilty and relegated/expelled which leaves you with a despotic state not known for their magnanimity holding a vendetta against the league. I could definitely see a super league scenario where Qatar set up a rival organisation, invite the cash strapped Italian and Spanish clubs and whoever else would be interested (more than you'd think with guaranteed games against the biggest names and no relegation.)

There's already claims coming out of City from 1 of their ITK's that Arsenal are lobbying Arsenal supporting Prime Minister Keir Starmer when he's at Arsenal games to get involved somehow, so even if it's not true they are already planting the seed out there that it the government gets involved it would do so from a position of bias. Quite clever indeed either way.

Based on recent events does it look like the PL are afraid of upsetting City?

I have consistently said from the outset that City would get done as the PL didn't need to bring this action. I only provided the other option as the majority of people thought this initially and a large amount of people suspect they will still get away with it without any action.

To be clear, I believe the PL will relegate them. What the EFL does with them is another matter.

I have consistently said from the outset that City would get done as the PL didn't need to bring this action. I only provided the other option as the majority of people thought this initially and a large amount of people suspect they will still get away with it without any action.

To be clear, I believe the PL will relegate them. What the EFL does with them is another matter.
Agree.

Other clubs such as Forest and Everton aren't just going to idly stand by and watch them wriggle their way out of it when they've both been on the receiving end of points deductions.

If the governing body can't do anything about it for whatever reason then the other clubs will, such as threaten to walk away and join the Super League.
Didn't Everton back City in the most recent case?

"So, listen to us, there's new rules, but please don't talk to the governing body about them, because erm yeah we know better than them. Also don't worry about that smoking gun in the corner, Micah will put it away as soon as he's finished laughing. Give him a couple of hours."

From what I understand is the City ruling went against them really but they jumped quick to win the PR battle to drive a narrative. The Times and Mail took their City contacts PR version and then looked stupid when the official results showed it wasn't what City were portraying

Seems City's approach is very much 'do it and then ask for forgiveness' except they will do it and tell everyone to feck off

It's absolutely bizarre that city would e-mail the 19 clubs saying the PL rules are bogus. The 19 clubs are the PL, it's a joint organisation, each club is a shareholder, including City. Absolutely nuts.

The PL itself is a breakaway league. If there is enough money and clubs in an alternative then it can happen. As I've said previously, either way the 115 case goes I do not believe that things will just go back to business as usual unless the city owners are forced into a sale of the club.

Government could get involved but currently they look weak as piss. My money would be on City getting found guilty and relegated/expelled which leaves you with a despotic state not known for their magnanimity holding a vendetta against the league. I could definitely see a super league scenario where Qatar set up a rival organisation, invite the cash strapped Italian and Spanish clubs and whoever else would be interested (more than you'd think with guaranteed games against the biggest names and no relegation.)
Very good post.

My monies on that too (has been from the start). I’m not sure I’m bothered about a potential breakaway even if it attracted more sponsors/money. If it only had 3-4 UK clubs, Spanish and Italians (plus randoms), go for it… still think UK game remains (would need a period of right sizing but think PL would do all it could to help) as it always has and gets money.

My monies on that too (has been from the start). I’m not sure I’m bothered about a potential breakaway even if it attracted more sponsors/money. If it only had 3-4 UK clubs, Spanish and Italians (plus randoms), go for it… still think UK game remains (would need a period of right sizing but think PL would do all it could to help) as it always has and gets money.

How many teams would agree to break away and join a new league though? We know there are 4 or 5 teams that are siding with City and might be reluctant to go against them.

I guess if 14 broke away and you got Celtic and Rangers onboard could have a decent 16 team league.

God I hope it all comes crumbling down. Absolute feckers. The corruption is clear as day. All you gotta do is read that stadium name.

God I hope it all comes crumbling down. Absolute feckers. The corruption is clear as day. All you gotta do is read that stadium name.

Nothing City are doing screams confidence. All they're doing is PR Spin to make even Tony Blair blush and bully boy tactics in threatening to sue everyone into oblivion. Neither screams confidence.

How many teams would agree to break away and join a new league though? We know there are 4 or 5 teams that are siding with City and might be reluctant to go against them.

I guess if 14 broke away and you got Celtic and Rangers onboard could have a decent 16 team league.
Unless it's a closed league with no relegation, Celtic and especially Rangers will get relegated. Big clubs with big followings no doubt, but the standard that they play at is quite poor

Imagine if the traditional clubs just up and left the PL and formed a new league with a host of EFL clubs following suit and forming a "breakaway pyramid" leaving City, Chelsea etc holding their tiny, flaccid cocks, pissing in the wind.

What a glorious day that would be.

Maybe not that extreme, but it's definitely going that way if they don't get a significant punishment.

Although Chelsea v Man City in their own league battling to be the biggest menace club would be funny.

It's absolutely bizarre that city would e-mail the 19 clubs saying the PL rules are bogus. The 19 clubs are the PL, it's a joint organisation, each club is a shareholder, including City. Absolutely nuts.
And they can't surely be dim enough to realise most of the clubs despise what they have done to the game, and actively gave evidence AGAINST them just recently!

I can't wait for them to get found guilty, purely so all of the glory hunting, cocky little bellend kids get found out. There is no way any of them (unless their parents did) actually would've gone anywhere near City had they been shite.

I can't wait for them to get found guilty, purely so all of the glory hunting, cocky little bellend kids get found out. There is no way any of them (unless their parents did) actually would've gone anywhere near City had they been shite.
:lol: Strange vendetta against just….children being children?