City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Oldest play in the book, accuse your accuser to obfuscate and hide your guilt.

I can see this being the beginning of the end if City drag this out too much. Fans lose interest in the league and everybody loses. The league have allowed this to happen by turning a blind eye for too long to the likes of Chelsea. The only question i have remaining is why they've all of a sudden decided to act; did the brown envelopes stop or something?
I wondered this myself. They probably weren't too bothered about Chelsea as it made them competitive with the leading clubs at the time. City have come from nowhere to absolutely dominating the league for the last decade though, that can't be great for the league's product.

If the club that already wins the league every year is going to cry and bring in lawyers every time there's a rule change that doesn't directly benefit them, what's the point in actually having a league?

Not every club has an oil rich multi billionaire owner or can break loads of rules and get away with them on a time limit technicality. Life isn't fair.

If City want it to be fair in terms of rules and everyone complying with them, they should hand back all the titles and points they won during the period they were knowingly breaking them. Rather than there be a massive ongoing case about it.

When did football get this unbelievably petty?

When did football get this unbelievably petty?

Not one key moment, just happens progressively as it moves further away from being a sport and more towards being a purely commercial operation.

Eventually they won't even play the games, they will just measure a bunch of player stats in a gym once a season and then input that data into an AI programme sponsored by Qatar and it will spit out a result.

The two top clubs will face off in a one off match at the end of the season which is won by the side with the more verified fans on tiktok. The half time show will be 2 hours of the 2 hour 10 minute show.

To think before social media the only place you would get football news was Sky Sports or the papers. The state of journalism now.

It’s so obvious what is happening with the media. Imagine the stories plastered everywhere if United were in court. It’s clearly being covered up by City and they’re silencing people. Their owners have never been told no and this is what happens.

I’ve been a mad football fans for years but all this stuff with City and Chelsea has really put me off. You can throw Newcastle in there as well but they’ve been sticking to the rules so far. That will change if City have their way.

This will be the beginning of the Super League.

Damaging the EPL is the message they want to send though - certainly it will be a case of 'if we go down you go with us', either as a threat or, if it comes to pass they are properly punished, a goal. Lest anyone forget, despite their investment, they really don't give a flying flip about the English leagues, the city of Manchester, even really the club or their fans. It's purely a political exercise, if they don't get what they wan't they will have no qualms in doing as much damage to the people they see to blame as they can.

Quite clear City are scared. First this legal case was obviously a PR stunt to try and deflect and second they've still lost and now trying to spin it. Only concessions they won were minor and can be amended quickly.

As I have said all along, the PL must have a pretty solid case and the will to see this through, as it wouldn't have ever got here if they hadn't. The hope at that point has got to be relegation/have them thrown out of the league. Once that happens, let's get to the most important part which is what the EFL does with them. As a relegation to League 2 or below would be pretty much fatal, whereas a Champo relegation would mean they would have their wings clipped for a few years but not much more.

Good man… (though the word you’re looking for is “moron”).

I'm confused by how the Times has responded. Most journalists have said that it seems like a draw or, more specifically, parts of the rules need to be finetuned and were wrongly performed but are legal. Yet Samuel and Lawson came out with "City win, FFP gone!"

Probably not a coincidence a lot of high profile people at City could well be leaving come the end of the season…

I saw this one earlier, it looked like he was getting a bit of abuse from City fans for it
Of course he has. Most City fans are deluded morons (there are some balanced ones left) with the IQ of a park bench, under 25 and never been within 100 miles of the Etihad.

They have spawned because City win (the modern curse of top level sport… “who cares, we won”) and live in a Man City bubble where everything is rosy… sponsors, transfer fees, decisions on the pitch, refs with a conflict…. all fine.

Lad I went to school with, been a City fan all his life, well before they were successful… messaged him last night and he swore blind they’d won huge decisions and the PL would probably end up withdrawing most/all of the charges. Deluded.

PLvMC.png

If a club had REALLY won some huge victory, they’d keep going on about it (understandably) and maybe pin the tweet. I would.

No, they made a statement (almost vomited reading it), attached a link to ONE PAGE of the hearing outcome and screamed victory…. then left their braindead zombie cultists from around the world to flood social media like a virus.

THEN, threw out loads of tweets about the women’s teams, kids, a dinner lady renewing her contract, etc… to push the statement down and out of sight. Tweet had served its purpose, got the loons talking about it.

Threaten, lie, sue, lie, accuse, lie, delay, lie.

I'm confused by how the Times has responded. Most journalists have said that it seems like a draw or, more specifically, parts of the rules need to be finetuned and were wrongly performed but are legal. Yet Samuel and Lawson came out with "City win, FFP gone!"
Samuels son works for City (gets leaks from him) and Lawson/guy at the Mail have had ….. “accusations” thrown at them for some time.

I don’t care about your average online City fan moron… but so called journalists is pathetic.

And yet City fans chalk this up as a "win".

So would you, if you were gleefully having your insides re-arranged by a throbbing UAE schlong.

23 - 2

"Yeah, we really gave them something to think about."

"Get Martin Samuel to write up a puff piece."

Well if those 2 wins were the important ones.
Did they get ATPs completely changed?

Did the PL have to admit that City can make up sponsorship figures out of mid air and everyone just accept them?

Did the hearing outcome change ONE of the 115 charges, which are still to come?

No…. They got an accounting tweak and can sue the PL for some damages. PL can comfortably afford them and City owners aren’t bothered as it’d be peanuts to them… just p!ss off 15 of the other 19 clubs.