City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/czxgp0epdq1o

Pep Guardiola wants Manchester City's first matches of next season to be postponed - but fears the Premier League are not interested in helping ease the burden on their players.

Guardiola said City had asked for the delay because of the club's involvement with the Club World Cup, but said the Premier League would not accept the request.

The final of the 32-team event is set for 13 July at the MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, creating a gap of either four or five weeks to the start of the 2025-26 Premier League season.

Three of those weeks will be mandatory rest periods for the players.

"The Premier League has not allowed us to postpone the first two games for our recovery," said Guardiola. "Thank you so much.

"I think the club asked the league to postpone one or two or three weeks so we can have a holiday after the [Club] World Cup but it is absolutely not allowed. The Premier League say yes to us? No. Absolutely not."

However, after talking to officials at City and the Premier League, the BBC has learned there has been no formal request.

:lol:

Don't forget the EFL season starts a week earlier Pep!

What happens to the Commonwealth Stadium when they are all over?

Any plans been put forward? KFC? Parking? UKs biggest SafeStore?
It's has been planned to be the main Morgue site for any type of mass casualty event in Manchester. If you ever see chinook helicopters landing there then some VERY serious shit has gone down.

Jokes have always been made that the City ground was chosen as the "lack of atmosphere" would help preserve the bodies!

I think a total expulsion from the league is the only fair outcome - City "joined" an organisation called the premier league and then systematically broke th rules of that organisation for years and actively fought against investigations once found out.

I've seen a few people "count up" respective trophies being re-allocated to United or Liverpool in this period but other clubs would surely claim that their results against City be declared null and void. City must have inflicted some heavy defeats on teams that resulted in them getting relegated...missing out on Europe...Champions league etc.

I think the tables should stand but City get the trophy and title revoked. No Trophies in UK or European football and a permanent mark against the club as it starts it's way back in whatever level of the football pyramid is willing to accept them (if any).

Last edited: