City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

United were hated by opposition fans in the 70s and 80s despite not winnjng a title since the 60s. After 20 years of dominance that will be even more entrenched. Most football fans will know people who are United fans. With United being the most supported club in the country. That creates and maintains rivalry. Plus people don't stop being football fans at 30. So your point is irrelevant.

Arsenal not winning a title in 20 years is irrelevant to the levels of dislike for United amongst football fans. Arsenal were even that hated when they did win the odd title.

The green smilies is because you are spouting nonsense.
I'm not getting involved in the discussion, but posting laughing emojis to try to emphasize how right you are is childish behaviour.

I'm not getting involved in the discussion, but posting laughing emojis to try to emphasize how right you are is childish behaviour.

No it's to emphasise nonsense and a poorly veiled attempt at a wind up.

If you don't want to get involved then don't. Leave the moderating to the moderators.

Not to get all Kevin Keegan on things, but I would bloody love it if City get beaten here in court and get a hefty penalty. It would really set a precedent going forward.

Wait, are you two actually arguing against the fact Manchester United are the most disliked club in the country?
It doesn’t really matter if all clubs think their club is the most disliked. United are the most loathed club in the country period. Even in this unsuccessful era.

https://www.sportbible.com/football...-premier-league-study-fanbase-621480-20230324

You can find these polls in articles like this coming out every year. City could win the next ten league titles and it will still be United top of these polls.
Exactly. I was 14 when we last won the title. You (almost definitely) have plenty of people who were wearing nappies or weren’t even born the last time we won the title who hate us because they’ve been taught to hate us due to their parents or the general atmosphere in the country.

United were hated by opposition fans in the 70s and 80s despite not winnjng a title since the 60s. After 20 years of dominance that will be even more entrenched. Most football fans will know people who are United fans. With United being the most supported club in the country. That creates and maintains rivalry. Plus people don't stop being football fans at 30. So your point is irrelevant.

Arsenal not winning a title in 20 years is irrelevant to the levels of dislike for United amongst football fans. Arsenal were even that hated when they did win the odd title.

The green smilies is because you are spouting nonsense.
Third biggest league winners in England and were it not for Chelsea and City could have won more
"The odd title"

Hilarious disrespect.

I've never really come across any deep hatred for United by an fan except if it's Liverpool or City or some of ours. Everyone else is mostly just shrug after a two liner of banter, how you've translated this into a vasy conspiracy was my issue.
My point was this imagined story of unfairness you've got, every supporter base has those.

Third biggest league winners in England and were it not for Chelsea and City could have won more
"The odd title"

Hilarious disrespect.

I've never really come across any deep hatred for United by an fan except if it's Liverpool or City or some of ours. Everyone else is mostly just shrug after a two liner of banter, how you've translated this into a vasy conspiracy was my issue.
My point was this imagined story of unfairness you've got, every supporter base has those.
Try listening to Talk Sport. :lol:

Anyway, this is way off topic. City are now facing 130 charges of breaking the rules over a decade plus long period. It is unprecedented in the Premier League. I have no specific hatred for City, but I hate how their owners have broken the rules to win. Unless any other club has broken the rules on this scale, many of these conversations are false equivalence.

"The odd title"

Hilarious disrespect.

I didn't actually intend any disrespect towards Arsenal. But let's be honest 6 titles in 70 odd years probably qualifies as the odd title. Seriously though I was talking about the late 90's to early 2000's.

Well as a United fan I can tell you I've came across a lot of it. Also what imagined story of unfairness? Where did I even mention that?

Try listening to Talk Sport. :lol:

Anyway, this is way off topic. City are now facing 130 charges of breaking the rules over a decade plus long period. It is unprecedented in the Premier League. I have no specific hatred for City, but I hate how their owners have broken the rules to win. Unless any other club has broken the rules on this scale, many of these conversations are false equivalence.

130? Have 15 news ones come to light?

Every set of fans think this.

You go to Arsenal forums we think everyone has had it in for us. RAWK we all know about. You go to Villa talk and it's the same there. And so on. United haven't got the monopoly on victimhood I am afraid.

Secondly it's been 10 years since you've won a title, in 6 years it'll be 16 years. The same amount of time for Arsenal when COVID began. People forget as time goes on and on.
You over estimate people's ability to remember Uniteds dominant period. In 10 years time you'll have 30 year old adults who've never seen United win a title as adults (if you guys don't win one). Just like Arsenal fans.
Every club probably think they're hard done by, by refs, VAR, media etc.

But i'd be amazed if the vast majority of fans think their club is either hated, or most hated.

I often watch games at League 1 level. I don't think I've ever heard any other club losing a game being cheered to the same level as United.

The only thing close was when Arsenal threw away that 4-0 lead v Newcastle, but that was comedy for the freak nature of it.

In 10 years time you'll have 30 year old adults who've never seen United win a title as adults (if you guys don't win one). Just like Arsenal fans.

How do you know we arnt going to win a title in the next 10 years, to claim that is a bit silly when there is every chance we could win a title now we are being run like a Football Club again.

I think it's absolute BS that we have to keep writing off entire seasons until the cheats finally get binned.

Especially now that Gundogan is coming back. Thought we'd finally seen the last of him.

Someone on the r/reddevils subreddit said that the amount of negative karma City will have accumulated from all of this will be almost at biblical proportions. Let's hope they are right.

129 breaches.
GVlDhdmXAAAb0Gb

Blimey.

I still think it's a complete farce that they are still allowed to participate while this case is still open, especially seeing as they haven't been complying with the investigation and have refused to hand over their info for years. Disgusting.

Anything short of a forced ownership change or the vacancy of their titles and relegation to league 2 won't matter in the end, they'll easily shrug off a point deduction by using it as a transitional year and it'll be back to business as usual.

Anything short of a forced ownership change or the vacancy of their titles and relegation to league 2 won't matter in the end, they'll easily shrug off a point deduction by using it as a transitional year and it'll be back to business as usual.
Wasn't there an article that EFL don't have to accept them?
I know it's the DM, but I think the article originated in The Guardian.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ity-REJECTED-EFL-expelled-Premier-League.html

I think if they get expelled from the Premier League they have to apply to join the EFL and the EFL member clubs will then vote on whether to accept them.
Thats how I remember it, the thought was that if they apply a non-league team could miss out on promotion to the EFL because of it.

If the other teams in the league weren't as crooked at them (Chelsea, Newcastle, Villa etc) then every team should just pull out of their games and take the 3-0 loss and pay back their fans for the ticket, see how the league responds to that as its basically what they signed up for when allowing nation states to run amock in the PL.

Thats how I remember it, the thought was that if they apply a non-league team could miss out on promotion to the EFL because of it.

It'll reportedly be January before we get a verdict on the charges and if they are expelled they will probably appeal then by the time the appeal is heard if it'll probably be too late to apply to join for the 25/26 season so if the appeal failed they would likely have no league football for a season.

If they force the owners to sell they don't need to then bother with relegating them. Pep will clear his office and fire up the jet before the gavel hits the wood :lol:

It'd be interesting to see the "stature" of that club on a level playing field.

If they force the owners to sell they don't need to then bother with relegating them. Pep will clear his office and fire up the jet before the gavel hits the wood :lol:

It'd be interesting to see the "stature" of that club on a level playing field.
Surely that would be a League 2 club going nowhere fast, playing in a ground that is falling apart?

If Saracens were demoted to 2nd division, stripped of the title, 35 points deducted for wage cap breaches..

By around 1m, and apparently was found to be not deliberate.

Then using that as an equivalent, doing a similar breach over such a long period surely the punishment should be several times worse than that? Since it's a longer period, larger sums, deliberate, none compliance and covering it up etc.

Saracens received an initial 35 point deduction but then Premiership Rugby shit themselves that Sarries would still stay up so they gave them a further 70 point deduction to ensure they'd finish last.

It'll reportedly be January before we get a verdict on the charges and if they are expelled they will probably appeal then by the time the appeal is heard if it'll probably be too late to apply to join for the 25/26 season so if the appeal failed they would likely have no league football for a season.

Who will they appeal this to though? As I heard they can’t take this to CAS.

Surely that would be a League 2 club going nowhere fast, playing in a ground that is falling apart?
Nah, they have more than enough fans to dwarf most league 2 teams. Their youth academy and the players they're selling from it are premier league players. Theres just a lot of infrastructure around the club. I think they'd have back to back promotions to the championship pretty quickly and even in the worst circumstances would be in leeds territory pretty fast.

Similar set up to the initial trial.
Everton appealed last season and had their deduction reduced didn't they?

Aye, forgot all about that. Although with the time this has taken you’d hope the PL’s case against them is water tight and there won’t be much to appeal against.

Aye, forgot all about that. Although with the time this has taken you’d hope the PL’s case against them is water tight and there won’t be much to appeal against.
They will anyway and with the scale of charges its going to take longer to deal with than Everton unfortunately.

Nah, they have more than enough fans to dwarf most league 2 teams. Their youth academy and the players they're selling from it are premier league players. Theres just a lot of infrastructure around the club. I think they'd have back to back promotions to the championship pretty quickly and even in the worst circumstances would be in leeds territory pretty fast.
Most of their fans are considered "plastic"
They rent the Etihad and are tied into a long lease, very expensive.
Would they be able to afford the wages on League 2 attendances, most of their top players would be wanting European football, I can't see the bulk of them staying.

Most of their fans are considered "plastic"
They rent the Etihad and are tied into a long lease, very expensive.
Would they be able to afford the wages on League 2 attendances, most of their top players would be wanting European football, I can't see the bulk of them staying.
Even leaving aside their empty seat fans they still have a lot of fans, just look at their previous stays in lower leagues. I dont think 5 million a year is expensive. Getting rid of the first team players would be a good thing outside of one or two exceptions. I'd be more worried about players staying than going. They're producing players like lavia, palmer and dozens of others. A year on League 2 wages, a year on League 1 wages and you can start giving them championship wages.
They'll be fine.

"The odd title"

Hilarious disrespect.

Nah I have mates who support Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke, West Ham, Derby County, hell even a lad who supports Wealdstone, what’s the one thing they all have in common? They absolutely detest Utd. They don’t want to see us win, don’t want to see us succeed, it’s deep rooted. Maybe that’s just my age group of mates (24-30 yrs old) that grew up watching Utd dominate, but whatever the reason it’s bizarre. No other club in the country gets that much hatred from fans of other random sides. No other club gets such coverage for the smallest of crisis. Obviously as a big club, you can ways expect some level of distaste from certain fan groups, but in England at least, Utd are so clearly the least well liked club.