City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

They have got a seat at the top table now, the longer this goes on the more I am thinking they will get a slap on wrist, year long transfer ban and a fine ironically.
They're getting expelled from the EPL, either permanently or for a substantial time period likely 5+ years minimum.

EPL are both feet in with it. Evidence is overwhelming and already proven during the UEFA heating. They're finished.

It’s soooo amazing that this lickle City underdog team that were in division 3 not long ago have overcome the odds to rise to the top!
Anyone can do it!*

*With unlimited state backing

It will be 5 in a row by the time all the appeals happen. The premier league could have punished them a lot sooner but they've now got so big they will just end up with a massive fine and a transfer ban for a season.

The time to punish City was earlier in the season, same time as Everton and Forest.

The house will fall once Pep leaves and he'll feign surprise when they get properly charged.
As soon as Unscrupulous Pep gets an inkling City are going to hammered, he’ll be off sharpish.

Clinging to the hope that they will be punished.....but I think that hope is diminishing :(

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ester-city-arsenal-pep-guardiola-mikel-arteta

Either way, at some point – be it on Tuesday or the following Sunday – the strong likelihood is that City will be toasting another title, a sixth title in seven seasons, the sort of dynastic dominance English football fans have always liked to deride in other countries. Perhaps this is the true farmers’ league now: a league that was bought up and cultivated, and is now being harvested at leisure.

The outcome of the Premier League’s 115 charges against City remains some distant paradoxical point on the horizon: never actually getting closer, however much time passes. And in any case, the ultimate innocence or guilt of City is only really of tangential relevance here. The broader picture is that dominance on this scale, whether earned legally or illegally, whether earned through the patronage of a state or a mastery of regulatory fine print, comes with a cost to the spectacle as a whole.

Perhaps then the bewilderment about the title race is the sort that becomes inevitable when a league begins to revolve so thoroughly around one club. This is City’s universe now, and even when you push at the walls it is never entirely clear how much of it is real and how much projection.

Four in a row

E1F1bsRWEAMODvP

Even if they get a point deduction sometime in the future they will still be unfortunately the best team in the history of the PL.

I know there’s an ongoing case but the fawning over pep and city doing 4 in a row as if nothing is happening in the background is mad. Ian Wright is the only pundit I’ve ever seen mention it

They're getting expelled from the EPL, either permanently or for a substantial time period likely 5+ years minimum.

EPL are both feet in with it. Evidence is overwhelming and already proven during the UEFA heating. They're finished.
I just think this has gone on for far too long, what exactly are they waiting for, 5th title in row ?

City know they're guilty but the way they go about their business it gives you the impression they're have got a free pass here.

Got a question cause I'm not born and raised in Manchester, I'm a foreigner, does it really matter ? I'll raise my son/daughter teaching them how money and cheating bought tittles in England for a worthless club called city, and still 9/10 titles they got and arsenal 13, for me it's just about the numbers.

And to be clear, yes, in my country I would care more if my "rival" and much hated political fascist born club won a title but I'm quite sure in about 10 years nobody will care. I see lot of different opinions so just curious about you guys what you think and feel.
All this pain I hope will wanish/ disappear over time and the tittle will be so juicy cause I have hope so...who cares about that plastic club

Well there's 4 in a row. Feckers.

Anybody expecting the PL/FA to somehow take all of these away are having a laugh. I doubt they'll even get a point deduction.

Part of me agrees, and the PL must be damn sure they’ve got something on them to come on so strong.

But then you read the charges, and isn’t it like 3 offences divided into numerous counts? So 50 counts of not providing financial info? Hard to see them stripping leagues and stuff

I remember BBC did a documentary with political commentator Michael Crick in 2002 because Fergie's son was an agent, and there might be a conflict of interest. The Daily Mirror under Piers Morgan wanted titles taken off us because we dropped out of the FA Cup to help England's bid for the 2006 World Cup. And you have pundits wanking themselves to death over actual cheats. Sickening how the game has gone.

Four in a row

E1F1bsRWEAMODvP
If this was United you can guarantee there'd be numerous exposes in the media rather than the circle jerk we see

The EPL is officially a joke.
Steamrollering has been allowed by the authorities and it can only get worse unless it is stopped NOW.
Otherwise, expect the next 30 years to be a battle between UAE and Saudi Arabia for who is doing the best washing.

Wishful thinking, unfortunately. The corrupt twats have essentially made the league a joke. No chance they get anything more than a hefty fine and a token points reduction (that sees them eventually finish no lower than 8th next season) at best. Genuinely think they could get away with it entirely at worst.

I know there’s an ongoing case but the fawning over pep and city doing 4 in a row as if nothing is happening in the background is mad. Ian Wright is the only pundit I’ve ever seen mention it

And he only does because it's suddenly his team affected by it.

City must have threatened them with legal action if they step out of line.

It's farcical to listen to them not talking about though.

Don't worry, Pep's leaving soon and asterisks will be added to most, if not all their titles.

Fraudulent cheating feckers but will never get proved due to authorities tucked in their pocket

The Omerta around their cheating on Sky and BT is disgusting. Just all rimming, all the time, to protect the beautiful unblemished Premier League brand.

I remember reading about a saying in Germany that went something like "If Bayern win it, then it's like nobody wins it."

Another dominant season after this one and how will the narrative change if it starts to get monotonous.

It's so sickening to see the cheating being allowed and largely ignored. Watching City win doesn't mean a lot, but the way it's happening and the damage it does to the game is awful to see. The complete ignorance of this while the likes of Neville get giddy over their winning is very odd to watch. It's like WWE where they just pretend things never happened.

Edit: is it paranoia to think that they just let Arse chase them to look competitive before turning on the style and their referees towards the end of the season?

I remember reading about a saying in Germany that went something like "If Bayern win it, then it's like nobody wins it."

Another dominant season after this one and how will the narrative change if it starts to get monotonous.
About to win 6 out of the last 7 League titles, massive achievement but that's horrendous for the product the EPL are trying to push.

4 on merit would be one hell of a feat; watching Fergie's genius being shredded by a cheating juggernaut that is not going to be put in check is really depressing.

If that record was ever to be surpassed, it should have been to one incredible, legitimate dynasty - how storied they would be to achieve four in a row! - but instead, it is this soulless, artificial sham that you can't respect or acknowledge.

With the backing of a state, City might have got there anyway, but to know this has all been accomplished via cheating really is despicable.

It's so sickening to see the cheating being allowed and largely ignored. Watching City win doesn't mean a lot, but the way it's happening and the damage it does to the game is awful to see. The complete ignorance of this while the likes of Neville get giddy over their winning is very odd to watch. It's like WWE where they just pretend things never happened.

The backtracking from Neville and co will be monumental.
If, and I emphasise IF, justice prevails, the journalistic traits of all the commentators fawning over City become null and void because they all know what’s been going on.
They’ve just been choosing to take the filthy lucre

Edit: is it paranoia to think that they just let Arse chase them to look competitive before turning on the style and their referees towards the end of the season?

Pep does seem to do some weird selections to spice it up. Like he's so clever he can get away with it