Chicharito Loan Watch | Real Madrid

It's not great money when the fees that I listed are the norm. I've got no idea what the fee for Kagawa was. It's probably performance based and paid over a long period of time like most transfers. United sells have never been a benchmark for fees anyway. Can't remember the last time United sold well. It's a joke really.

Most teams would love Hernandez in their team because he's got a nose for goals. An exceptionally rare talent. You don't really have to be good at a lot of things on the pitch if you can deliver goals. And people pay for goals. Especially in the PL where you see this kind of money go every season for players that are a lot poorer players than Hernandez.

You can't forget that how much Liverpool sign Sturridge or even Balotelli. There are more players out there as where who left cheaper just because their contract or their games time, the clubs decide to sell them cheaper.

I can't see it as a not great money here. During his prime in 2010/2011 until 2011/2012 he was worth between 25 - 29 million. And now with his performance is off since last season and couldn't even be starter with Mexico during World Cup 2014, I can see 16 million as a great money. We signed him for 6 or 8 million and now we can sell him for 16 million. It's a worth of money especially when you know this guy is just our 4th choice striker. signed him about 6 or 8 million and scored important goals for us and he lost his place in 2012/2013 and started to lose his touch in 2013/2014 and now he gets worse. I will take that 16 million any days.

What about before disagree with me, try to ask everyone here if 16 million is worth of money. I'm sure they will take that money for Hernandez now.

Last edited:
You can't forget that how much Liverpool sign Sturridge or even Balotelli. There are more players out there as where who left cheaper just because their contract or their games time, the clubs decide to sell them cheaper.
I can't see it as a not great money here. During his prime in 2010/2011 until 2011/2012 he was worth between 25 - 29 million. And now with his performance is off since last season and couldn't even be starter with Mexico during World Cup 2014, I can see 16 million as a great money. We signed him for 6 or 8 million and now we can sell him for 16 million. It's a worth of money especially when you know this guy is just our 4th choice striker. signed him about 6 or 8 million and scored important goals for us and he lost his place in 2012/2013 and started to lose his touch in 2013/2014 and now he gets worse. I will take that 16 million any days.
I'd rather keep him than sell him for 16m. A loan sounds better in my ears. 16m is a fee that's always gettable for him as long as he keeps his good minute per goal ratio. A man that has started so few games compared to played ones in 4 seasons shouldn't have this kind of tally.

Great guy and a predator in the box, contributed to the cause when his particular skillset was utilised, his game is limited, technique is poor, but not batting a lid he may be leaving when we have Wilson to step in.

I'd rather keep him than sell him for 16m. A loan sounds better in my ears. 16m is a fee that's always gettable for him as long as he keeps his good minute per goal ratio. A man that has started so few games compared to played ones in 4 seasons shouldn't have this kind of tally.

16 million. Contract left only a few years. Coming from Spanish clubs not English clubs. And you prefer to keep your unhappy 4th choice striker even when he is hardly to start games? Better to sell him now with that money while we can. And his replacement is free. James Wilson.

Ask everyone and believe it or no you are probably the only 1%-2% here won't take that 16 million.

The thing I don't get is that if Hernandez wants to leave for first team football - is Madrid really the place to go?

€ 2 mil loan fee from the biggest club in the world and 10 times CL winners?

Oh do f*** off Madrid :lol:

16 million. Contract left only a few years. Coming from Spanish clubs not English clubs. And you prefer to keep your unhappy 4th choice striker even when he is hardly to start games? Better to sell him now with that money while we can. And his replacement is free. James Wilson.

Ask everyone and believe it or no you are probably the only 1%-2% here won't take that 16 million.
Contracts are only a few years. So long as it isn't just one year it doesn't matter that much.

James Wilson isn't a patch on Hernandez. People's idea of replacement is always some kid who's completely unproven. A season long loan is better. Who knows how things will stand with players by then. When you're overpaying willingly for players, a 16m return isn't much. It's nothing really. Wages are a bigger issue and it's not like Hernandez is getting the big cash compared to others.

Just take a look at the going rate for strikers and how well they do and tell me that 16m is great. You label him as 4th choice, well he isn't. He's 3rd. Welbeck isn't ahead of him. Not with LvG. Not with Moyes. Big part of his game time was on the left. Not as a striker. I'd be happy to get 16m for Welbeck because unlike Hernandez he's not a good goalscorer. One player has goalscoring as his biggest strength. The other has it as his biggest weakness. There isn't a doubt in my mind which I would prefer. You can use your bogus percentage all you want. You aren't telling me any facts to tell me anything to change my mind. Hell, we'd be better off with Hernandez in the team, selling Rooney and getting someone else for that money in different positions. We'd also be better off doing the same hypothetical dead with RvP but not as well seeing as RvP is the better player.

The thing I don't get is that if Hernandez wants to leave for first team football - is Madrid really the place to go?
I think he wants just a decent amount of action, not even first team football. He's second choice behind Benzema at Madrid, plus they'll play like 60 games this season probably compared to our low 40's, only being in the premier league and depending on how we do in the FA cup. We'll hardly rotate, and we have 3 strikers ahead of him whether we use a 2 up top or 1 up top. IMO though we'd change formation if one of the strikers got injured, and sub on Januzaj, most of the time at least, before bringing on Hernandez.

Contracts are only a few years. So long as it isn't just one year it doesn't matter that much.

James Wilson isn't a patch on Hernandez. People's idea of replacement is always some kid who's completely unproven. A season long loan is better. Who knows how things will stand with players by then. When you're overpaying willingly for players, a 16m return isn't much. It's nothing really. Wages are a bigger issue and it's not like Hernandez is getting the big cash compared to others.

Just take a look at the going rate for strikers and how well they do and tell me that 16m is great. You label him as 4th choice, well he isn't. He's 3rd. Welbeck isn't ahead of him. Not with LvG. Not with Moyes. Big part of his game time was on the left. Not as a striker. I'd be happy to get 16m for Welbeck because unlike Hernandez he's not a good goalscorer. One player has goalscoring as his biggest strength. The other has it as his biggest weakness. There isn't a doubt in my mind which I would prefer. You can use your bogus percentage all you want. You aren't telling me any facts to tell me anything to change my mind. Hell, we'd be better off with Hernandez in the team, selling Rooney and getting someone else for that money in different positions. We'd also be better off doing the same hypothetical dead with RvP but not as well seeing as RvP is the better player.

I told you already to ask everyone else about that 16 million. And I'm sure they will disagree with you. Discussing with you about Hernandez won't end. Too biased.
Clearly hernandez is 4th. Welbeck came from injury and LVG picked him as our third choice striker. The same thing during Moyes. Even during Fergie era in 2012/2013 Welbeck is being rotated with Rooney.

I think he wants just a decent amount of action, not even first team football. He's second choice behind Benzema at Madrid, plus they'll play like 60 games this season probably compared to our low 40's, only being in the premier league and depending on how we do in the FA cup. We'll hardly rotate, and we have 3 strikers ahead of him whether we use a 2 up top or 1 up top. IMO though we'd change formation if one of the strikers got injured, and sub on Januzaj, most of the time at least, before bringing on Hernandez.

James Rodriguez is sitting on the bench alongside Isco and the likes - Ronaldo and Rodriguez can happily play the striker role so I don't see Hernandez being an instant second choice.

Mods may as well change the title of this thread to 'Javier Hernandez: Loan move likely' or just lock it and start a 'Javier Hernandez loan performance 2014/15 thread'.

Pretty gutted to see this guy go even if it is only on a loan deal. Although he has serious limitations to his game, he's about as deadly as any striker in Europe when he's on his game. I think he's been seriously mismanaged over the last couple of seasons where we've rather accommodated players that have been average than give this boy a chance. Hope he gets that chance in Madrid and scores a bucket load.

It'll be interesting to see how he copes with the Real fans. They can be brutal to strikers if they're not performing.

It is his NT manager who is driving his transfer. fecking cnut.

Edit: If Chicharito needs more games, why the hell would he want to go to Real Madrid of all teams!

Think we could move this thread to the general football forum and call it 'Javier Hernandez : Real Madrid player'

Another reason to watch Madrid this season, think he will bag a few goals out there.

Bit sad to see him go.

Will always remember his backwards header against Stoke and his goals carrying us to the Champions League final.

All the best Chica, hope you can rediscover your form.

Hope he goes well. Thanks for a lot of good memories.

Best of luck to him. Hope he rediscovers his form, especially against the Scousers.

Damn right. Love to see him score a last minute winner for Madrid at Anfield.

I'll miss him. It all went horribly wrong at the end but there's a deadly goalscorer inside that man. He bailed us out a lot, even last season e.g. Stoke (H). Seemed a genuinely nice fella too.

Good luck to him, he deserves it.

I'll miss you, sweat pea. He'll be a hit at RM, no doubt about it in my mind!

He's a great guy, lovely attitude and scored plenty of us. Shame it didn't work out, all the best to him at Real, hope he scores plenty goals.

Hope he has a good season there - just not sure if he really gets that many games

Best of luck to him, always gave his all and some of his crucial goals were priceless.

With the most detestable footballer on earth joining Barca, I am now officially rooting for both Madrid clubs!