Chelsea 2024/25

I genuinely have no idea of the value of players any more. Bournemouth and Wolves selling decent enough premier league players for £60 million. I can at least understand that traditional strikers are hard to find, like Solanke. I have no idea what Neto has ever shown to be considered £60 million.

I genuinely have no idea of the value of players any more. Bournemouth and Wolves selling decent enough premier league players for £60 million. I can at least understand that traditional strikers are hard to find, like Solanke. I have no idea what Neto has ever shown to be considered £60 million.
We played 80 million for Antony he is a far far better player than Antony has ever shown in his Ajax career

£40 million.

Apart from the shameless hoarding of players, that shirt is a disaster. I think it makes an all-time worst PL list. We saw things like that in bargain bins at Sports Direct 20 years ago with the Dunlop squash rackets and Kangol hats. It’s genuinely as hideous as their transfer policy.

I remember in FIFA 11, when we play the career mode and try to splash the cash on multiple players, the bid used to get rejected with the line "You are trying to hog all the talent".

Transfer ban incoming maybe and they know it?
Yeah I wouldn’t be at all surprised. The club self-reported irregularities in the books under the previous ownership, so I think this stockpiling of talent is in anticipation of an upcoming transfer embargo.

:lol:

In all seriousness, there's a fairly sizable % of online Chelsea fans who want one.
Genuinely speaking this can't be the manager sanctioning all this? Not even Pep can make a team work with so many new players not even every season but literally every 4 month transfer window.

Genuinely speaking this can't be the manager sanctioning all this? Not even Pep can make a team work with so many new players not even every season but literally every 4 month transfer window.

Chelsea haven't had a "manager" who can have final say on a transfer in a very long time.

The head coach absolutely does some input but not really all that much. The last one who did was probably Jose.

Maybe the plan is to get 11 players in every position. So we can experiment fielding an entire team of players who specialize in just one position?

But only 2 right backs, one of whom is Reece James.

I figured if we're just making up figures, I'd go with a lower one.
Ah. £50m/55m for a PL proven international forward seems like a darn good deal to me. Only question is if he can stay injury free. If he can, he'll be great. Love watching him play.

DJ Khaled - another one!

Ironically this is probably the only signing this summer that actually makes sense with regards to their squad, their winger position was really shallow without a lot of quality outside of Palmer.

Ironically this is probably the only signing this summer that actually makes sense with regards to their squad, their winger position was really shallow without a lot of quality outside of Palmer.
It was only 18 months ago when they signed a bunch of wingers in one window. Madueke, Mudryk, Chukwuemeka, Sterling (granted, he's probably past it now). It's just rinse and repeat with all these youngsters coming in and out the door.

They probably don't even know who's the manager. They still call him Graham.

If this goes tits up and the fans find themselves having to start again in non-league it's gonna be very hard to understand why something so obviously reckless was allowed to happen.

We played 80 million for Antony he is a far far better player than Antony has ever shown in his Ajax career
It’s not a competition of who can spunk the most money on average players. Bebe looks good value at 7 million compared to Antony. Although saying that, Neto has a similar premier league goal rate to Antony with a far worse injury record, so maybe it is a fair comparison.

I have no idea what Neto has ever shown to be considered £60 million.
His main issue has been staying fit. When available there aren't that many players around who have his combination of pace, dribbling, directness and delivery. He should be scoring more than he does though, not sure why his record is so poor as it's not like he can't strike the ball well.

I didn't realize there first team squad is 44 players. That's utterly ridiculous. 7 goalies and 10 centre backs amongst that number.

I don't really understand the gameplan? seems like they're signing a million players to perhaps resell for a profit whilst the first time a mess with overpaid players on 6-8 year contracts

It's like starting a game of Football Manager with a really shit AI controlling Chelsea

Shambles

It was only 18 months ago when they signed a bunch of wingers in one window. Madueke, Mudryk, Chukwuemeka, Sterling (granted, he's probably past it now). It's just rinse and repeat with all these youngsters coming in and out the door.
Thing is none of them is a truly elite talent or has the promise of becoming one.

Neto is a great signing of he can stay clear of injury. I do wonder how they are going to keep that massive squad happy with playing time especially when things aren't going well on the pitch. Or are young promising players just resigned to accepting being on the bench these days?