Cheap football kits

Someone hit me up. The last football shirt I bought was in 2008 when I was 19. And somehow it was less of a struggle to part with the money, even though I earn double the money :lol:

I wonder if other football clubs will adopt this, though I'm not sure how they're going to enforce it. All the fakes I have are practically indistinguishable from the real thing.

Sheff Wed fans in fake shirts may be 'asked to leave'​

Sheffield Wednesday have warned that home fans wearing counterfeit shirts at Hillsborough could be ejected from the stadium.

The South Yorkshire club issued a statement on their website, external to "respectfully request" that supporters refrain from wearing fake shirts at home games.

Wednesday stated: “Anyone found to be wearing a fake shirt inside Hillsborough could be asked to leave, with information passed on to the relevant parties.”

They have also made it clear that staff at the official club shop will refuse requests to add numbers or letters to counterfeit shirts

In a statement titled 'brand protection', the club said sales of fake shirts can "impact directly on club revenues" and official club merchandise could be bought from the Owls Megastore or online store.

"Although we cannot prevent supporters from wearing counterfeit shirts away from Hillsborough, we do respectfully request that such products are not displayed inside the stadium," the statement added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cly8kze0z2lo

Has anybody found on DhGate a seller that sells the long sleeve for the 3rd kit as well ? If yes, can someone please PM me the link ? Thanks.

This seem rather bizarre. I'm not sure how they can enforce this either. It's not like they're selling their shirts for a reasonable price. You can get the new Wedndesday shirt for around £85.

Blimey. Buying an official shirt of any team/sport is a mugs game at that price. It's just a t-shirt...

Seems like an empty threat and surely unenforceable, unless it's a really noticeably shoddy fake.

Since the home shirt I’ve order away, third and the black keeper kit. Will give my thoughts on quality when they arrive

Any shops in Europe or UK? All dhgate sellers will be heavily taxed here (just the administration price is the same as the shirt price)

I wonder if other football clubs will adopt this, though I'm not sure how they're going to enforce it. All the fakes I have are practically indistinguishable from the real thing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cly8kze0z2lo
The nerve. The reason people are resorting to chinese imports is because of the insane price of kits. 90 pound for a new jersey, you can't even justify it if they kept it for two years, but instead in the last decade no home/away/third lasts more than 10 months.

These clubs should be happy to have fans supporting and adding colour, the fact they still sell at outrageous prices shows that some people are still dumb enough to buy them at store rates.

Obvious scare tactics though. No way will it be policed because how could it be?
You'd be surprised. Wouldn't put it past them implementing a serial code that they could scan to prove authenticity. Maybe I shouldn't give them ideas.

You'd be surprised. Wouldn't put it past them implementing a serial code that they could scan to prove authenticity. Maybe I shouldn't give them ideas.
This may work for smaller clubs, but would be impossible for clubs like United. Also tracking that would be ridiculous, plus someone could hack it anyway.

Is the one who does good niche retro kits? I am looking for late 1980-early 90's English club kits.

Let us know how you get on with your order.

Got the home and the third kit.

Both are really good matches to the actual ones, the only thing I'd criticize is that the material used for the third kit isn't an exact match to the official replica kits. I did order this before it was released, so there is a chance that they may now get their hands on the right material.

Home kit was absolutely fine. Got my lad the home kit also and that came with the shorts which some kits his size for other suppliers dont.

Away kit arrived. Looks pretty legit to me but i'm not sure I like the kit in general. Those 'M's' printed all over it look ridiculous, didn't even realise that was what they were when I ordered because the pattern they form catches the eye more.

Third kit arrived - is it meant to be more off-white? Otherwise it looks fine.

Black keeper kit also arrived, it's the best of the lot.

Third kit arrived - is it meant to be more off-white? Otherwise it looks fine.

Black keeper kit also arrived, it's the best of the lot.
Yeah I had a look at it in a shop the other day and it is quite surprising off-white up close. Where did you buy from out of interest?

Just received 5 tops from not a DH Gate Seller.

Ordered 14th August, received today.

1x Away top, fan version,size 3XL, equivalent to XL UK size.
2x 3rd top, player version, size S, (smallest available)
1x 3rd top, fan version, size 3XL, (would have preferred the player version but i'm too fat to fit into that, lol)
1x 3rd top with name and number, largest kids version, fits my 14yr old just fine.

Quality is very good and you'd be hard pushed to verify from genuine kits.

Overall all 5 cost less than a single Adult top from genuine sources, averaging under £16 per top.

Received my kits yesterday from Soccer03. 2nd blue Utd kit for my son, looks almost genuine. He's very excited about it.

Ordered a Stone Roses shirt for myself, apart from the logo it looks good to. The logo looks a bit cheap and childish, but it's supposed to be that way?

Overall very pleased, it took 2,5 weeks for it to arrive.

Received my kits yesterday from Soccer03. 2nd blue Utd kit for my son, looks almost genuine. He's very excited about it.

Ordered a Stone Roses shirt for myself, apart from the logo it looks good to. The logo looks a bit cheap and childish, but it's supposed to be that way?

Not really a kit person but I just got the away kit from Soccer03 because I really liked them. Arrived in the mail today and it was less than $23 including shipping (no name on the back) and it looks better than I would have expected. I am sure the stitching isn't the same quality as the authentic shirts, but it looks great and comes at a price I am willing to pay.

Not really a kit person but I just got the away kit from Soccer03 because I really liked them. Arrived in the mail today and it was less than $23 including shipping (no name on the back) and it looks better than I would have expected. I am sure the stitching isn't the same quality as the authentic shirts, but it looks great and comes at a price I am willing to pay.
I generally wear a XXL fans so should I go 4XL? And for a kid do you go 1 size up or 2 sizes up? Any advice is helpful as I'm buying from Soccer03 for the first time. Lastly if you have a discount coupon that'd be great thanks.

Last edited:
I generally wear a XXL fans so should I go 4XL? And for a kid do you go 1 size up or 2 sizes up? Any advice is helpful as I'm buying from Soccer03 for the first time. Lastly if you have a discount coupon that'd be great thanks.
I wear a XL (based on U.S. sizes) and ordered an XXL and that seems to be the right size for me. So one size up worked for me but if you are hesitant, 2 sizes up may work as well.

I wear a XL (based on U.S. sizes) and ordered an XXL and that seems to be the right size for me. So one size up worked for me but if you are hesitant, 2 sizes up may work as well.
Correcting myself. I probably should have sized it 2 sizes up. Length wise, it's fine but it's a little snug around the belly (I am 6'0" tall and 208lbs carrying a little too much around the waist).

I ordered a few kits for myself and my son. My third kit is more of an off white with a waffle texture while my sons is white and smooth. Then I noticed at the last game there seems to be two different tones to that kit, anyone know the difference? Is one a player version or supporters kit?