Champions League Quarter Finals (5th - 13th Apr)

Did the commentators get this upset about Atletico’s antics when they did it against us? I don’t recall it

It just amazes me how Simeone manages to stay so excited on the touchline while his side plays such shite football.

Don't think I've seen an Atletico game that hasn't bored me to sleep since that CL final in 2014.

City control the game very well. It is very difficult for Atlético to achieve anything in isolated plays so far from the goal
Difference in speed and intensity is stark. Was the same with chelsea yesterday. Spanish football has really fallen behind

Not sure why you're all upset, I'm here specifically for the shitehousing. It's amazing when it's happening to someone else

How have Atletico been? Close to scoring at all?

Only 45 minutes to score a goal is stretching it a bit thin if they're playing defensive. Surprised Correa or Carrasco don't get more minutes, both are good creators.

Athletico to get 2 goals second halve and benfica to get 2 goals second halve. Not much to ask for is it… haha

Only 45 minutes to score a goal is stretching it a bit thin if they're playing defensive. Surprised Correa or Carrasco don't get more minutes, both are good creators.

No. I think the game plan is to do this until about 80 minutes, then throw everything forward

Why am I watching the Atletico game over the Liverpool one, I'll never know...what a bore.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They're hoping the 0-0 will get them penalties the gimps. Not sure they realise they're 1-0 down from the first leg.

Difference in speed and intensity is stark. Was the same with chelsea yesterday. Spanish football has really fallen behind
El Cholo should at least try to sacrifice something in defense and midfield.
With or without intensity Joao Félix is 50 meters from the goal.
Maybe move to 442 and try Carrasco or Correa, or de Paul instead of Koke/Kondogbia

Dippers are through already so I have been watching the other game and I just cannot believe anyone can have the gall to serve up such utterly dull, boring, non football as this. Atletico have not been much good either.

Eh I don't agree.
Atleti isn't being forced into playing without the ball like Real was, they're more than happy to do so and honestly could've scored early on.
Likewise I think Chelsea was the hardest matchup possible for RM and I dont think City is as physically dominant as they are, especially their forwards, they're nowhere near Havertz/Werner as far as harrassing players/pressing

That being said City isn't creating enough counterattack opportunities so it's really hard to see them score, not sure Suarez could be of any help either given how little of the ball they get

This game just makes me even sader than I already am , how we didn't beat these lot is a travesty.