Champions League QF Draw, 18 March 2016 1100 GMT

Prettty shit QF's, but at least the semi's should be great.

it's a great draw for Bayern, they'll want to face the big guns as late as possible as their players get back to fitness and they (might) have the league wrapped up.

Betting experts:

Real are 9/2 to win the Champions League from what I can see (currently suspended on betfair, annoyingly). Am I right to assume that this price will drop significantly as soon as they reach the Semi Final, and especially if they don't then draw Barca?

Thinking that's it's surely worth putting a large bet on them now, and then cashing out before the semis.

Yeah although surely you'd benefit just as much from betting on them to qualify? Odds won't be great but cashing out after qualifying would (I guess) bank you about the same.

4 games and we need ONE surprise so that I see Atletico in the semi then.

CITY - Pros & Cons

+++ Pros
Aguero / David Silva and a Yaya Touré able to shine in any circumstances even in walking
City should be happy to see Verratti still injured
Experienced strong players but on the decline

--- Cons
Many injuries especially in defence: Ottamendi/Kompany
Yaya Touré walks a lot :wenger:
Sagna & Clichy: I am not a fan like .... Laurent Blanc - former France national football team - who put them outside the starting 11 during the Euro 2012 :devil:

I see PSG of course
You'll breeze through IMO.

QUARTER-FINAL DRAW
5 & 13 April

Bayern München (GER) v Benfica (POR)
Barcelona (ESP) v Atlético Madrid (ESP)

6 & 12 April
Wolfsburg (GER) v Real Madrid (ESP)
Paris (FRA) v Manchester City (ENG)

Good stuff. The two I most want to watch (Barcelona and PSG matches) are separated.

Madrid have had to play Lyon (they were always considered a "big game" by people when they beat Madrid, so I don't see why that should change when Madrid finally started to win), Tottenham (topped a group with Inter and knocked out Milan), United, Dortmund, Bayern and Atletico, so that is obviously wrong.

You still had your share of breeze throughs though.

Real Madrid's R16 & QF:
'16: Roma & Wolfsburg
'15: Schalke & Atletico
'14: Schalke & Dortmund
'13: Man Utd & Galatasaray
'12: CSKA & Apoel

Yeah although surely you'd benefit just as much from betting on them to qualify? Odds won't be great but cashing out after qualifying would (I guess) bank you about the same.
Maybe. I'm thinking that this way there's potential for more profit - e.g. if Bayern or Barca got knocked out, or Madrid properly smash Wolfrsburg, then significantly lowering their odds. You definitely might be right though.

Maybe. I'm thinking that this way there's potential for more profit - e.g. if Bayern or Barca got knocked out, or Madrid properly smash Wolfrsburg, then significantly lowering their odds. You definitely might be right though.

Fair point actually. I'm no expert really but thinking about it your logic seems decent.

It's a good draw

If the 4 favourites win it the best 4 teams in the world are in the semi's

Just realized Atletico has only one potentially difficult game remaining in la liga, away to Athletic. Barca on the other hand still has to play Villarreal away next week, El Clasico, Sociedad and Betis away , and we can add Sevilla at home in the last week of the league.

They're gonna squeeze us to the last drop of sweat, not just in the CL but also in la liga. Damn!!

Just realized Atletico has only one potentially difficult game remaining in la liga, away to Athletic. Barca on the other hand still has to play Villarreal away next week, El Clasico, Sociedad and Betis away , and we can add Sevilla at home in the last week of the league.

They're gonna squeeze us to the last drop of sweat, not just in the CL but also in la liga. Damn!!

Nah.

In Europe yeah, La Liga is done.

Real Madrid - Wolfsburg : easy for Madrid
Bayern-Benfica: easy for Bayern
Barcelona - A Madrid : tough battle but already seen so many times

PSG-City is clearly the most interesting confrontation: UAE against Qatar

Yep, finally El Plastico has become a reality. It'll be like watching two lottery-winners arguing over who has the biggest penis extension.

Not sure who I want to win to be honest. PSG and their ownership are repulsive but, well, City are City.

Yep, finally El Plastico has become a reality. It'll be like watching two lottery-winners arguing over who has the biggest penis extension.

Not sure who I want to win to be honest. PSG and their ownership are repulsive but, well, City are City.
Obviously PSG. Why would you want City to win anything?

Boring draws. Bayern and Real will walk through with ease, PSG won't have much trouble either and then you have Barca vs Atletico again.

Obviously PSG. Why would you want City to win anything?
PSG are backed by a regime which suppresses human rights, (allegedly) backs terrorism and is central to the most atrocious act of institutional corruption football has ever seen.

Plus they have far less merit than City as a football club. PSG were only formed 40 years ago. At least City have history - although it's mainly a history of failure.

I was hoping we can rest some players in the league, but with Atletico's schedule, we won't.

You still should. Just not as much as you could have otherwise. Beat Villarreal at the weekend (tough game) and you need 4 wins and a draw from 8 games IF Atlético get a perfect record, which they won't.

Chuck Munir up front against Real Madrid, you'd probably still beat them in their sorry state.

PSG are backed by a regime which suppresses human rights, (allegedly) backs terrorism and is central to the most atrocious act of institutional corruption football has ever seen.

Plus they have far less merit than City as a football club. PSG were only formed 40 years ago. At least City have history - although it's mainly a history of failure.
So fecking what, it's Man City. Our 2nd biggest rivals. I wouldn't want them to beat bleedin' ISIS!

Well, ok, maybe ISIS.

It's a brutal schedule but you have to believe Enrique & his staff had already anticipated a tough stretch of matches, regardless of the draw. In this regard, the staff seems to have rotated them well for when things become more demanding

Last year we didn't get any easy opponents in knock-outs, this time I see no different. Well that makes the victory even more sweeter!

I can't believe I am saying this but City need to reach atleast the Semi Finals, if we need to improve on the Seed Co-efficient table and maintain those 4 UCL spots.

Bayern and Madrid will be comfortably through.

The other two will be tight.

I can't believe I am saying this but City need to reach atleast the Semi Finals, if we need to improve on the Seed Co-efficient table and maintain those 4 UCL spots.
To be honest, despite England doing poorly, Italy are even worse. I don't really see that patter changing too much over the next few years either.

I like the draw, Man City s not as boring as Wolfsburg and Benfica but still winnable.

But 4th year in a row with the second leg away in quarterfinals. :mad:

Wolfsburg v Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
v Benfica
Barcelona v Atletico Madrid
Paris Saint-Germain
v Manchester City

Two straightforward wins in store for Bayern and Madrid. I think Atletico might have an advantage since they play away first, but it is MSN after all and hopefully PSG thrash City.

4 pretty straightforward games that. Atletico the one that is capable of an upset as much as anyone against barca, but its highly unlikely. Itll be barca, bayern, madrid and psg in the semis. The teams they play arent even close really.