Champions League QF Draw, 18 March 2016 1100 GMT

Can't see City beating PSG. City against a team that is any good have not looked good at all in particular since it was announced Pellegrini was making way for Guardiola.

City-PSG is the only game where the winner is not crystal clear, with little chances for Atletico to cause an upset against Barca. Real and Bayern are as good as through.

Even the best defense in the world(Atletico) have not done so well against MSN. Having said that if they play like they did in Camp Nou this year when they went a man down anything is possible.

Hoping for semis:
Real Madrid - PSG
Bayern - Atletico Madrid

Final:
PSG/Atletico Madrid

Winner:
PSG because 2015/16 is a year of surprises.

Please keep in mind this post for eternity and don't forget to quote me in a month !!!

No thanks. You're welcome :cool:

Every year Madrid's route to the semis is unbelievable easy.
Boring draw, only city vs PSG is interesting.

I don't see it at all - have people watched City this season? Dreadful against any half decent opposition.

Stranger things have happened. I just had this feeling since the groups draw that City will top it and make it to the Semi finals, and I'm sticking with it :D

Every year Madrid's route to the semis is unbelievable easy.
Boring draw, only city vs PSG is interesting.

They've played Dortmund and Atletico in the last two years in the quarter-final. Under Mourinho though it was Tottenham, APOEL and Galatasaray.

Just realised that these are Barca's next 6 games:

Villarreal away, Real Madrid home, Atletico home, Real Sociedad away, Atletico away, Valencia home.

Need to sacrifice a game or two.

Edit: And the Clasico is after the International break ffs.

Last edited:

Villarreal away, Real Madrid home, Atletico home, Real Sociedad away, Atletico away, Valencia home.

Sacrifice El Clasico :D , we're 12 points ahead .. and Atletico battling on two fronts is good for us

Only problem is I can't stand Madrid beating us

Sacrifice El Clasico :D , we're 12 points ahead .. and Atletico battling on two fronts is good for us

Only problem is I can't stand Madrid beating us

No way! I'm going to that game. I think the Anoeta curse will continue this season. Though a draw will be good. I'm still wishing for that Juve unbeaten record, gotta go through these games without a loss.

So PSG, Barca, Bayern and Real in the semi then, pretty much the 4 best teams.

Though having said that, could see Atletico beating Barca

They've played Dortmund and Atletico in the last two years in the quarter-final. Under Mourinho though it was Tottenham, APOEL and Galatasaray.
Tottenham were one of the tougher teams in the competition that season. Them not being a big name does not take away from that. They topped a group with Inter (beating Inter along the way), and they also knocked AC Milan out in the last 16. I have a feeling that if Madrid had played Inter or AC Milan, there would have been no complaints because of them having big names, despite both being weaker teams than Tottenham.

Can't see City beating PSG. City against a team that is any good have not looked good at all in particular since it was announced Pellegrini was making way for Guardiola.
I agree.
Not really related to their CL performances but I recall well how many here felt that City would walk the league after they had bought de Bruyne and it had become clear that Chelsea would have some serious hick-ups ...

There is nothing to sacrifice.. The likes of Sociedad and Valencia will lose even with the B team

No way! I'm going to that game. I think the Anoeta curse will continue this season. Though a draw will be good. I'm still wishing for that Juve unbeaten record, gotta go through these games without a loss.

To hell with Juve's record. Let's win the treble !!

Brutal stretch of 5 matches.

Barca get the toughest opponent they could face, especially since injuries & the physical nature of the contests weakens them regardless of the result. Strange considering how difficult their 'draws' were last season that saw them face domestic Champions at every round. Plus, Atletic face a Primera team in the QFs for the 3rd season in a row. RM continue a streak of having to face only 1 (Bayern) difficult opponent in knockout rounds for 6 years running and get the home on the return leg - somewhere Perez is following through on some prior pledges. The good is that Lucho has yet to lose to Simeone and Barcelona never lack motivation against Atletico

Would appear UEFA are hoping for a Pep vs Barca final or a Clasico

Bit of a boring draw. Only looking forward to PSG vs City.

There is nothing to sacrifice.. The likes of Sociedad and Valencia will lose even with the B team
Sociedad away at the Anoeta is not a given. Barcelona have not beaten Sociedad at their home ground since 2007. Sociedad have beaten them thrice and the rest have been a draw.

Shit draw, 2 borefests, the spanish duel is ok, but nothing new. Only City-Psg really kind of interesting. feck off Uefa

Me too :D

No chance of a let down in el Clasico - form & other competitions have little to do with this match, it's unique

Barca will definitely become the first team to win two consecutive CL's.

4 games and we need ONE surprise so that I see Atletico in the semi then.

CITY - Pros & Cons

+++ Pros
Aguero / David Silva and a Yaya Touré able to shine in any circumstances even in walking
City should be happy to see Verratti still injured
Experienced strong players but on the decline

--- Cons
Many injuries especially in defence: Ottamendi/Kompany
Yaya Touré walks a lot :wenger:
Sagna & Clichy: I am not a fan like .... Laurent Blanc - former France national football team - who put them outside the starting 11 during the Euro 2012 :devil:

I see PSG of course

Me too :D

No chance of a let down in el Clasico - form & other competitions have little to do with this match, it's unique

Guess the only positive out of this draw is the chance to see both Madrid games in three days. Gotta extend my stay.

Atletico Madrid: the best defence of La Liga with ...... 12 goals !!! Against 22 for Barcelona or 28 for Real Madrid

Betting experts:

Real are 9/2 to win the Champions League from what I can see (currently suspended on betfair, annoyingly). Am I right to assume that this price will drop significantly as soon as they reach the Semi Final, and especially if they don't then draw Barca?

Thinking that's it's surely worth putting a large bet on them now, and then cashing out before the semis.

Well, at least we avoided there won't be a Wolfsburg / Benfica in the semis.

So let's get this right … I've trolled this thread titled "Champions League QF Draw, 18 March 2016 1100 GMT" for the last few minutes and don't know what the hell is going on!

I'll go to the UEFA site to see the draw but might I suggest: that once the draw is made you announce the draw and make a threadmark? just a suggestion folks :D

Brutal stretch of 5 matches.

Barca get the toughest opponent they could face, especially since injuries & the physical nature of the contests weakens them regardless of the result. Strange considering how difficult their 'draws' were last season that saw them face domestic Champions at every round. Plus, Atletic face a Primera team in the QFs for the 3rd season in a row. RM continue a streak of having to face only 1 (Bayern) difficult opponent in knockout rounds for 6 years running and get the home on the return leg - somewhere Perez is following through on some prior pledges. The good is that Lucho has yet to lose to Simeone and Barcelona never lack motivation against Atletico

Would appear UEFA are hoping for a Pep vs Barca final or a Clasico
Madrid have had to play Lyon (they were always considered a "big game" by people when they beat Madrid, so I don't see why that should change when Madrid finally started to win), Tottenham (topped a group with Inter and knocked out Milan), United, Dortmund, Bayern and Atletico, so that is obviously wrong.

Atletico Madrid: the best defence of La Liga with ...... 12 goals !!! Against 22 for Barcelona or 28 for Real Madrid

It's remarkably impressive.

Still though, they've lost 6 on the spin against Barcelona. They'd have much preferred Real Madrid I'd say (but Barça would say the same).