Champions League - Matchday 6

Ok let's play the table above, latter team play first at home: Barca-Bayern, Atletico-Benfica, Dortmund-Paris, Juve-Real, Arsenal-Sevilla, Napoli-City, Monaco-Porto, Leicester-Leverkusen.
The best would be Barca-Leverkusen, Atleti-Porto, Juve-Benfica, Arsenal-Sevilla, Monaco-Madrid, Lestah-Bayern, Napoli-PSG/City, BvB-PSG/City

This will be the best last 16s in ages. The CL in the last few years was almost a formality until the semi-finals and maybe 1 QF game

Opta: Since Mesut Özil's CL debut, only Messi (24) and Ronaldo (26) have provided more assists than he has (23).

This will be the best last 16s in ages. The CL in the last few years was almost a formality until the semi-finals and maybe 1 QF game
True, we can expect high-profile encounters from the first knock out round on. This will probably be the toughest CL to win in years to come (and gone by).

Barcelona -Leverkusen would be as boring as Arsenal - Bayern and BVB - City. Bound to happen all though.

It's funny. The one year Arsenal finish top of their group is the year top place doesn't matter so much.

CzJ67RVXEAAoGhu.jpg

Last year's Barcelona-Leverkusen matchups in the group stage were anything but boring, to be fair.
While I agree that the matches themselves can be entertaining and Barcelona/Leverkusen's games last CL campaign can be regarded as such, I find it nevertheless boring how often certain teams meet in the CL over a certain period of time while others don't. It would help if UEFA got rid of this darn red group/blue group thingy (at group stage level), and perhaps it's also time to re-consider how the last 16 are seeded.

Hoping we don't see any boring repetitive fixtures we've seen often lately.

Arsenal vs Real
Leicester vs Leverkusen
Atletico Madrid vs Man City
Napoli vs Sevilla
Barcelona vs Porto
Monaco vs Bayern
Juventus vs PSG
Dortmund vs Benfica

Pretty expected. In fact this is already happening, but I guess we'll see some better matches at 6, instead of only Eastern European home games.