Champions League Final: FC Internazionale Milano vs 115 Charges FC

It’s a cop out. Man city of this era is better than united ‘99 and that’s okay, both teams have trebles, but the depth of this city team is unreal. The whole era is more impressive than ‘99 united

https://www.givemesport.com/1479662...ly-one-of-the-worst-champions-league-winners/

Winning a CL title in 23, when legacy clubs are going through substantial depression, while monopolizing Premiership and CL with financial doping, and then barely scraping a win against Inter. Historic!

Outside of petro dollar infested punditry and Pep zealots, does anybody even care about City? Answer is clear.

Im just glad that it was city that did the treble and not Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

They have bought it, and its hollow.

No-one in the set up there would of been involved with the club pre 2008.
The only people that truly care about the club are the fans, and they deserve the success like any of us do.

2008 United were more impressive than 23 City. Haaland didnt have a sniff again last night really apart from 1 chance.

Blah blah blah but you’re doing the age old forum tactic of not actually answering the question about the thing you raised an issue with so here goes. . .

Hilarious & pathetic is getting upset over semantics, call it ‘ransom’ or whatever term suits your fragile state of mind over the club.

Also, you’re the ITK here. . .

This fanbase love to turn on their own but you really are putting the u in place of the a in your user name tonight.

Maybe the rivals winning a treble has derailed your though process.
Love it.

Getting so upset about Mason Mount.

Bet you're a hoot in the terraces. :lol:

Just seen the commentary from BT’s coverage. The clown said ‘the greatest story in club history has an ending’. I mean how is it anyway a good story let alone the greatest? We literally saw Leicester win the Premier League in the last 10 years. It’s sickening how much of the media seem to be on City’s payroll as well. Even Ferdinand was awful last night, he’s meant to a United fan.

Just seen the commentary from BT’s coverage. The clown said ‘the greatest story in club history has an ending’. I mean how is it anyway a good story let alone the greatest? We literally saw Leicester win the Premier League in the last 10 years. It’s sickening how much of the media seem to be on City’s payroll as well. Even Ferdinand was awful last night, he’s meant to a United fan.
In such moments I’m happy I’m not exposed to British tv at all

So what if they won the treble. It's hollow and we've already done it. We won it first. Also, we stopped them winning the quadruple so feck em.

It’s a cop out. Man city of this era is better than united ‘99 and that’s okay, both teams have trebles, but the depth of this city team is unreal. The whole era is more impressive than ‘99 united

https://www.givemesport.com/1479662...ly-one-of-the-worst-champions-league-winners/
We had a proper team. 4 academy players started the CL final. The depth of City is indeed unreal as you say. So unreal that it needed financial doping and cheating to assemble it.

We had a proper team. 4 academy players started the CL final. The depth of City is indeed unreal as you say. So unreal that it needed financial doping and cheating to assemble it.
Would have been 5 academy products if Scholes not suspended. Keane missing as well.

The Utd 99 was not supposed to do the treble, they didn't have an overwhelming talent advantage over the vast majority of the field. Some don't seem to get that it is that truth that makes them such a legendary side. The CL run against Bronby, Barca, Bayern, Inter, Juve then Bayern was outside of Brondby a gauntlet ran against equally matched teams.

That was the joy of the CL of that era, it had so much vitality with threats everywhere, different styles of play and the leagues closer to balanced.

Just shit now even though the top teams are better than ever.

Why are they so tepid with their support?
Because they know deep down its all irrelevant.
I remember playing a football manager game years ago I tried a cheat code to get unlimited money, won everything but its just boring because you know its not legitimate success

When they say "in club history", I assume they mean in City's history as a club, not in the history of club football.

Imaging being a City supporter knowing that a guy in a turban and a dress bribed his way to success. Then imaging being a United supporter knowing that a working class hero from the docks in Scotland worked his ass off for 25 years to bring success...

I wonder who I would chose...Glory glory!
How ignorant you are, you just insulted 2 major religions that are polar opposites!

Gutted City won, but I was not overally impressed by them tbh.

They are not unbeatable and I fully expect United to do some good business in the transfer window and challenge them next season.

Thanks to the successes of AC Milan and Interin past years, Milan was the only city that could boast two European champion clubs in the history of the continent. Milan is now joined by Manchester, which after United's triumphs also finds triumph on the City side.

I'd like congratulate the city of Manchester for this achievement, they did it before the likes of Madrid or London

Thanks to the successes of AC Milan and Interin past years, Milan was the only city that could boast two European champion clubs in the history of the continent. Milan is now joined by Manchester, which after United's triumphs also finds triumph on the City side.

I'd like congratulate the city of Manchester for this achievement, they did it before the likes of Madrid or London
London, England‘s capital, only won their first in 2012 (and only thanks to Roman‘s money). London has so many (big) clubs, but while all other parts of the country had already won it, London only did it so late. Shocking.

Inter were miles better than anything I've seen from us in a long time. And their team is average at best.

Goes to show you don't need all these amazing players in every position to compete.
Defensively, yes.
However on attack their crossing was pathetic and one-dimensional. LW- cross - it either gets cleared by the first defender or goes to the opposite flank for a throw.

Inter played better as they've been drilled all season to play exactly how they did against City.
If we played like them all season people would be crying about unpretty and defensive football.
Inter defend Narrow, cluttering the centre and attack wide. Opponents crossing isn't an issue as they have 3 giants at CB.

We're being coached to play possession based football - without the players to do so, so trying something out that we don't usually do, will obviously be less successful.

Furthermore, between us and Inter. City got 2 chances - 1 a fluke rocket, inch perfect and another that is mind-bogglingly easy to save but De Gea didn't move. Whereas with Inter, they were unfortunate to conceed - ball just happened to fall in front of Rodri and then Lukaku literally prevented 2 chances - 1 by blocking and 1 by heading it at Ederson from point blank.

Overall, both us and Inter played fine but the luck was with City.

Last edited:
Reactions: Theonas
Defensively, yes.
However on attack their crossing was pathetic and one-dimensional. LW- cross - it either gets cleared by the first defender or goes to the opposite flank for a throw.

Inter played better as they've been drilled all season to play exactly how they did against City.
If we played like them all season people would be crying about unpretty and defensive football.
Inter defend Narrow, cluttering the centre and attack wide. Opponents crossing isn't an issue as they have 3 giants at CB.

We're being coached to play possession based football - without the players to do so, so trying something out that we don't usually do, will obviously be less successful.

Furthermore, between us and Inter. City got 2 chances - 1 a fluke rocket, inch perfect and another that is mind-bogglingly easy to save but De Gea didn't move. Whereas with Inter, they were unfortunate to conceed - ball just happened to fall in front of Rodri and then Lukaku literally prevented 2 chances - 1 by blocking and 1 by heading it at Ederson from point blank.

Inter played better in possession than us, so that's worrying. They also played out from the back better, both through technical ability and tactical instruction. I keep banging this drum, but I don't think we're being set up as a possession based team at all. Inter showed last night how to set up well to beat the press and retain possession, although that did involve having to go direct some of the time. But their 3 man back line played it very well, with the wing backs maintaining width. They constantly drew city's press on to the three CBs, drawing City to one corner of the area, then looked for the long ball to the opposite wing back. These are the sort of plans I don't see from us. In fact this tactic is used by City to beat the press.

Inter often dominate possession in the league and I can see why. I'd actually say the exact opposite from you and say they look better in possession and we look like a team that wants to play on quick transitions.

And on top of this, they were quite aggressive in the press until they ran out of steam. They did these two things better than I've seen from us all season, and they're the two things we'd been promised under ETH.

Defensively, yes.

Man United don't play possession based football, like at all.

Inter played better in possession than us, so that's worrying. They also played out from the back better, both through technical ability and tactical instruction. I keep banging this drum, but I don't think we're being set up as a possession based team at all. Inter showed last night how to set up well to beat the press and retain possession, although that did involve having to go direct some of the time. But their 3 man back line played it very well, with the wing backs maintaining width. They constantly drew city's press on to the three CBs, drawing City to one corner of the area, then looked for the long ball to the opposite wing back. These are the sort of plans I don't see from us. In fact this tactic is used by City to beat the press.

Inter often dominate possession in the league and I can see why. I'd actually say the exact opposite from you and say they look better in possession and we look like a team that wants to play on quick transitions.

And on top of this, they were quite aggressive in the press until they ran out of steam. They did these two things better than I've seen from us all season, and they're the two things we'd been promised under ETH.
We're being coached to play possession based, our squad lacks the skill to do so.
This has been covered and confirmed by many people much more qualified than any of us.

We often lose the ball high up due to bad passing or simply losing the ball and end up pinned back.

We start games with a high line, due to intending to pin the opponent back instead, we lack end product when playing like this - hence the shouting for a striker.

Our best play comes from counter attacks, but that's simply due to Rashford being a huge pain for opponents when a through ball is played to him. I hope this trend ends as we perform worse with more possession.

We're being coached to play possession based, our squad lacks the skill to do so.
This has been covered and confirmed by many people much more qualified than any of us.

We often lose the ball high up due to bad passing or simply losing the ball and end up pinned back.

We start games with a high line, due to intending to pin the opponent back instead, we lack end product when playing like this - hence the shouting for a striker.

Our best play comes from counter attacks, but that's simply due to Rashford being a huge pain for opponents when a through ball is played to him. I hope this trend ends as we perform worse with more possession.

Oh yeah, which people are these? From going back and looking at Ajax stats, I quickly realised that Ajax naturally dominated possession for a long time before ETH even arrived, under various managers. And I say naturally because they're generally much better in terms of quality compared to other teams. But I also looked at stats from their famous UCL campaign and realised that they had less possession when they were winning the games against bigger teams. Then I see how we completely surrender possession against teams like Brighton, who also have a new manager and less talented group of players.

With regards to inter, going back to my original point, if we had their 11 that started yesterday then everybody would be writing a list of players that needed replacing urgently for our manager to succeed. Darmian started at CB, and he was a flop here years ago. They had two strikers not renowned for technical ability and one who is way past his best. Their midfield doesn't have a Casemiro or a Bruno. Arguably but even an Eriksen. So really, are Inter better equipped to succeed than us? I think that no matter what you say, you'll not convince me that our best 11 isn't better than that of Inter or Brighton. Or that we couldn't perform better than we do.

Anyone watch Inter regularly here? I was impressed with Dimarco - constantly running down the left flank - and unlucky not to score the equalizer. I thought it was a one off game but saw he made the Champions League team of the season too. I had never heard of him before the game on Saturday

:wenger:
:lol:
Not quite sure what this all means?!

I think Mount will be a solid player for United, look forward to seeing him in red.
You replied to this last night deleted it & have reposted it adding something about Mount.

I made a throw away comment to another poster, one that happened to agree, which for whatever reason riled you & we’ve been going back & forth about the word ransom ever since. You seem to want to be right about something, no one said Mount wouldn’t be a good purchase so not sure how you’ve arrived here.

I’ve said countless times remove the word ransom yet you’re still wanting to argue, I’m good if you are lad so let’s agree to move on ey?

Anyone watch Inter regularly here? I was impressed with Dimarco - constantly running down the left flank - and unlucky not to score the equalizer. I thought it was a one off game but saw he made the Champions League team of the season too. I had never heard of him before the game on Saturday

Yeah first time I had heard of him either

Oh yeah, which people are these? From going back and looking at Ajax stats, I quickly realised that Ajax naturally dominated possession for a long time before ETH even arrived, under various managers. And I say naturally because they're generally much better in terms of quality compared to other teams. But I also looked at stats from their famous UCL campaign and realised that they had less possession when they were winning the games against bigger teams. Then I see how we completely surrender possession against teams like Brighton, who also have a new manager and less talented group of players.

With regards to inter, going back to my original point, if we had their 11 that started yesterday then everybody would be writing a list of players that needed replacing urgently for our manager to succeed. Darmian started at CB, and he was a flop here years ago. They had two strikers not renowned for technical ability and one who is way past his best. Their midfield doesn't have a Casemiro or a Bruno. Arguably but even an Eriksen. So really, are Inter better equipped to succeed than us? I think that no matter what you say, you'll not convince me that our best 11 isn't better than that of Inter or Brighton. Or that we couldn't perform better than we do.
You have the same access as me, I'm not doing the leg work for you.

Funnily enough, Tifo just 7 hours posted a video that covers tactical differences between ETH and Ole and the stats. Explaining the possession football.

We don't sit back and hoof a long ball to the wide players. We play in possession - playing out from the back, and around a press, rather than over it.

We have Rashford and Anthony to find out wide once the ball gets to Bruno to find, as opposed to James and Rashford.

Just because the 'final' ball goes out wide, doesn't mean it's counter attacking football. We aren't relying on soaking up pressure and attacking in transition, we are trying to play around the pressure, keeping possession and getting the ball to a playmaker.

Don't compare us to Ajax. We aren't replicating Ajax 1:1. That's a mistake I made early in the season, trying to compare them. ETH even said in an interview that we don't have the players to play Ajaxball, saying something along the lines of a manager isn't god and cannot create miracles.

Agreed about the players, I wish there was a poll that could see why though. I wonder how many look at the age and worry that we end up needing to replace a nearly-whole team in 1 season or so.

Darmian is an interesting point, but have managers been given a run long enough to say "hmm, weren't great last season, you might do well in another position". Only Shaw I've seen be tested in another role and done well. We have players that I think are capable of being utilised elsewhere in order to do a job and help the team.
Personally, I think having a good core of experienced players is important - maybe down the spine - a GK, 1 CB, 1 CM and a Striker all should be experienced enough to teach and help the younglings around them.

Last edited: