Champions League Final: FC Internazionale Milano vs 115 Charges FC

Not that surprising as you say - he played here for a fair bit of time!
I know - but for whatever reason, he struck me as the Tevez/Ando types who couldn't care less about learning the local lingo.

City will probably win it, but fair play to Inter they have put up a lot more fight than we managed

Don't do it to yourself.
115 charges had to result in a treble. Just for the sheer insanity that it's been allowed to happen.
I don't really care if City win honestly. Super rich club wins CL, big whoop.

I find myself wonder how an Inter team that looks poorer than us on paper has been more competitive than us in such a huge game? Is it a case of -
  1. City being below par?
  2. Overrating United players/Underrating Inter?
  3. Better tactics/coaching?
Thoughts?

The keeper.

I find myself wonder how an Inter team that looks poorer than us on paper has been more competitive than us in such a huge game? Is it a case of -
  1. City being below par?
Thoughts?
They don’t have a mannequin in net.

to be honest city is a great team. they are it because they got billions of oil money and would be nothing if they were not bought by abu dhabi but the players they have, they are good. 0-0 is the best you could have hoped for, but inter wont have enough i think

City will probably win it, but fair play to Inter they have put up a lot more fight than we managed

We actually looked pretty good going into the 2nd half, De Gea killed us that game.

He scores a lot of goals but he is stoppable if you set up correctly. I think City would win but I’m not shocked an Italian defence is keeping him more or less quiet

Its not about goalscoring, Haaland playing with back towards goal is not all that good is all.

Inter plays well in the first half. Simone’s tactics in the first half are excellent.

Then again, they barely had the ball outside their own half, thats not due to tactics, they probably can't do much better.

1. City being below par?
Thoughts?

Coaching/tactics, city seem to be struggling with their controlled aggressive pressing and their wing backs in this 352 formation are having positive impact

If only Inter could have pulled off the lob from a bad keeper pass they’d be in control here. Didn’t look that difficult either.

Inter have defended really well, but they've barely looked threatening in attack.

They'll probably get 1 chance and they'll have to bury it.

Have to expect City up their game too.

Wenger on Bein is giving me nostalgic feelings of back in the day when SAF and him were around

Watching this match made me realised why martial and eriksen must be upgraded if we want to compete with chelsea

Just when KDB was starting to come alive, he got injured.. tough luck for him.
Hope Inter wins it on penalties.

Are Ferdinand and Balotelli on speaking terms. They look like they’ve had a falling out. Both sat facing away and almost ignoring the other when speaking
He celebrated infrint of our players one time and Rio took exception

Inter have defended really well, but they've barely looked threatening in attack.

They'll probably get 1 chance and they'll have to bury it.

Have to expect City up their game too.
Have to hope it doesn’t fall to good ol’ Romelu

much better goalkeeper not turning over possession to City every time he gets it. Dulls City a bit if they can’t get the ball back for 2-3 mins. Seen so often in the league as well.

playing with 2 strikers one of whom can actually with the ball in the air.

outside of that it’s very similar to the United game with City dominating the ball for 2/3rds of the pitch, and not being able to create much against a well organised defence.

unfortunately they will create 2-3 chances and the hope is that Inter score a goal.

Not as simple as this IMO. Weaker team on paper but a team which has the right players for all the roles across the pitch. We might have the right tactics but in my view we still lack the right players yet for each role.
Lot of replies so far. I will try and sum up -
  1. Keeper being comfortable on the ball - enough said.
  2. Team more in sync and adept to manager's tactics - Greater than sum of parts
  3. Midfield battle - City aren't as dominant in midfield as they were against us. This is where having more energy and legs would have massively helped us. Eriksen couldn't compete physically.
Not exactly offering any unique insight but it seems a keeper, energetic midfielder and striker should be on top of our wish list. I suppose it does show that City are catchable with the right kind of investment and management.

1. City being below par?
Thoughts?
Don't think we did too badly, just threw it away with two mistakes. I sense that Inter's strategy is similar to ours with Garnacho...it's the sub(s) that might be key to this for Inter as it was for us.